You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordPanqueque

Everything wrong about the CVS

Rework the CVS immediately  

16 members have voted

1. 1. rework them?

• yes
    • no

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
76 posts
453 battles

I dont know who had this horrible idea and how in the hell the dev team actually though players were gonna like this.

First off, the damage of cvs is ridiculous low and the logic is WAY WORSE. Im with a tier 6 CV, and i have 9 FRIGGING PLANES FLYING WITH ME AND THEY ONLY DROP 2 TORPEDOES, OR BOMBS. WHY IN HELL THEN I HAVE 9 PLANES TAGGING ALONG? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME? IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE RUN WHY DO THEY TAG WITH MY 2 PLANES TO GET SHOT DOWN FOR DOING NOTHING? because those extra 7 plains also get hit by the ridiculous strong AA batteries. Even destroyers take down my planes, DESTROYERS who have 2 AA torrets attached to their ships....

Im basically watching my planes get wreck by literally any ship to be able to do 3k, 5k dmg if im lucky per round....

Its so dumb the logic to run a squad of 9 planes from which only 2 will fire per round, but all of them are hit by the AA batteries and tag along with you on you runs... Im quitting playing CVS untill they give them a total rework.

Also, what happened with the "with great risks also come great rewards"??? cause its so damn hard to not get shot down, to land your bombs, torpedoes on ships to end doing crap damage. Why even to bother playing cv?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1 post
3,007 battles

They gutted cvs the same way they gimped arty in world of tanks...   Most people hated the class so they made them a sideshow

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,717 posts
10,984 battles

I would like to see squadron drops but the respawn times would have to go up by a large amount.

[SIM]
Members
1,502 posts

CV rework has taken one step forward and 10 steps back. Go back to original CV settings,  spend 3 years of planning,  testing, before changes are added.

Edited by LadyJess
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts

Wow someone with still negative rep. That's pretty rare. It will take you some time to learn the new CVs because the play is so different from the RTS. How good were you when you were trying to learn manual drops in the old CVs for the first time? That isnt to say there is more work to tweak this. There is and if you need a break I would suggest taking a week or 2 away from CVs if it's that frustrating. Try some other modes at the moment is another option. Practicing CVs in coop is highly recommended at the moment.

Members
1 post
12,628 battles
1 hour ago, LordPanqueque said:

I dont know who had this horrible idea and how in the hell the dev team actually though players were gonna like this.

First off, the damage of cvs is ridiculous low and the logic is WAY WORSE. Im with a tier 6 CV, and i have 9 FRIGGING PLANES FLYING WITH ME AND THEY ONLY DROP 2 TORPEDOES, OR BOMBS. WHY IN HELL THEN I HAVE 9 PLANES TAGGING ALONG? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME? IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE RUN WHY DO THEY TAG WITH MY 2 PLANES TO GET SHOT DOWN FOR DOING NOTHING? because those extra 7 plains also get hit by the ridiculous strong AA batteries. Even destroyers take down my planes, DESTROYERS who have 2 AA torrets attached to their ships....

Im basically watching my planes get wreck by literally any ship to be able to do 3k, 5k dmg if im lucky per round....

Its so dumb the logic to run a squad of 9 planes from which only 2 will fire per round, but all of them are hit by the AA batteries and tag along with you on you runs... Im quitting playing CVS untill they give them a total rework.

Also, what happened with the "with great risks also come great rewards"??? cause its so damn hard to not get shot down, to land your bombs, torpedoes on ships to end doing crap damage. Why even to bother playing cv?

I agree. Tier 4 Hosho sends three torp planes, one makes a run and they all get shot down by ships with very low AA ability. I'm practicing in Co-op. I used to be able to win 99% in coop and yesterday was 50%. Also, before mod you could carry out air attacks against multiple ships at once but now, only a few planes at a time. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,049 posts

Seems to me that Co-Op is not for learning in this instance. TRAINING ROOM is for training. Co-Op is for getting the snot beat out of you for not using the Training Room.... Use the Training Room. Attack stationary, unarmed targets.. BTW.. you won't lose credits and flags there like you will in Co-Op or Random. ... .. In Co-op, your CV is countered by a BB. In my case, my T8s were matched with Amagi. My T10 Midway was matched to a GK. ... Tell you what.. Midway is a LOT easier than a Ranger.. just saying. Maybe starting high tier in a training room is the ticket here.

• Cool 1

Members
38 posts
14,946 battles

What a joke, even in co-op - how am I suppose to practice the new mechanics when planes get obliterated before dropping a single piece of ordnance??

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
1 hour ago, Halus said:

What a joke, even in co-op - how am I suppose to practice the new mechanics when planes get obliterated before dropping a single piece of ordnance??

Part of the mechanic you need to practice is dodging flak bursts.

Good luck, cos I couldnt reliably manage it.

[WOLF4]
Members
41 posts
7,777 battles

All I want to say to the OP is "git guud".  
I was an average CV player until Tier IX US.  Then I sucked, too many squadrons to manage well.  I am terrible at RTS.   I played the crapout of CV's on test, probably about 40-60 games.  I started off at 10-20k matched, and then ended up near 120-200k per match.  You need to LEARN to play them, they are not intuitive and if you are learning them now, as opposed to learning on test, every player is specc'd for AA right now.  You are trying to learn in the worst case scenario.

If your looking for that mashable red "win" button, your not going to find it in a CV, or in WoWs altogether.