You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

0.8.0 is here, but still no alaska?

23 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles

when is alaska hereeeee!!!

btw thank you WG for giving me close to 700k free exp for my tier 1-9 CVs, while still allowing me to keep my midway and hakuryu. i had no use for those ships

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

Soon!  We know you guys are anxious for her, she just needs a bit more testing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,361 posts
5,448 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

So does the CV rework and we have that.

Having more than one ship available for free xp would be nice too.  Something mid-tierish like the Nelson?  Say tier 6 or 7 for 400,000 free xp?

• Cool 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,526 posts
4,679 battles

This question have been asked 1000 times in the last 24 hours. Also bad as the CV is op or broken threads

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,681 posts
9,033 battles
8 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

@Radar_X

Really? I heard rumblings last night that a move to T10 is in consideration.

Comment, please?

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,865 posts
14 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

It looks better when you just admit you guys are pulling a T-61 on the Alaska. Honesty works wonders in the US.

• Cool 1

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles

Wouldn't it be great if everyone who makes an Alaska thread got put on a secret list and barred from ever owning her?

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
569 posts
7,516 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Wait, now it needs more testing? 200+ days isn't enough?

I've heard CCs say that they don't know what they are waiting on because Alaska is ready. None of them said anything about any more testing and still have not.

[HELLS]
Members
2,099 posts
19,963 battles

The USN and the RN both need T8 premium cruisers. Give me a Cleveland class CL with Massachussetts style secondaries and a .1 improvement in sigma and 400 meters increased main gun range and I would happier than a pig in the brown stuff. Give me Edinburgh with HE and her current AP (she does not need radar and smoke-one or the other players choice as at present) and Belfast gets retired to the museum ship that she is at present. Or give me Belfast in her 1943 build as a premium instead of the current monstrosity as a T8 instead of a T7, then the entire class would be available. You could allow current Belfast owners to upgrade via a trade-in, and people would stop complaining about the ship being OP with both smoke and radar at T8. As for Alaska, WG I can wait you out and sit on my 1.3 million FXP. I prefer what was real life ship to a paper one any day....You can be sure that I am not using any FXP to fastgrind any CVs with the current CV and AA rework screwup...and while I am on the subject of CVs, where is the Royal Navy??

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles
8 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I've heard CCs say that they don't know what they are waiting on because Alaska is ready. None of them said anything about any more testing and still have not.

Yea, I know it's ready and that "a bit more testing" is just the latest [edited] excuse from WeeGee.

• Cool 2

Members
152 posts
7,530 battles

WG has their hands full now with the CV rework. Next we have RN CVs and next month, premiums CVs will become available. Until late March, WG will still be working around CVs and their (im)balance.

Any data gather from testing (if any is being conducted now) will be analyzed in April or even later. 

Let`s face it, Alaska comes out in July.

[WOLFB]
Members
796 posts
26,012 battles

It would have been nice if they put that much testing and re-work into the New CV Meta! Before Launch!

[WOLFA]
Members
175 posts
8,002 battles
15 minutes ago, Brooklin82 said:

WG has their hands full now with the CV rework. Next we have RN CVs and next month, premiums CVs will become available. Until late March, WG will still be working around CVs and their (im)balance.

Any data gather from testing (if any is being conducted now) will be analyzed in April or even later. 

Let`s face it, Alaska comes out in July.

Let's just plan on it coming out in July. That should give the Devs plenty of time to work out all the issues so that the ship is what everyone is expecting, instead of something rushed to market to appease the thundering hoard. Yes, the ship has been in development for an extended period of time, but WoWs has changed a lot since the development of the Alaska was started. So, why not wait until July for something that meets our expectations? We have a lot of new features and fixes to get used to between now and then. Plus having expectations for a July release also gives LittleWhiteMouse more time to put together her detailed review of the final release of the Alaska.

However, I must admit that I do have concerns that the additional time could be used by Sub_Octavian to once again raise the FXP price for the Alaska above the current 1 million FXP that the price was inflated to during 2018. Let's all hope that he elects not to raise the price higher!

[WORX]
Members
3,844 posts
14,947 battles

The Alaska, will debut for the 4th of July holiday... Its not that far... Its just around the corner

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,572 posts
32,653 battles

Is it Soon yet?

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
779 posts
2,015 battles
2 hours ago, Radar_X said:

You know... this is a HILARIOUS statement given that you guys just released an ENTIRE UPDATE that still needed more testing...

Lets put this in perspective for you, Radar:

Alaska is a single ship, with limited influence on the games overall balance and health. You are holding her back because she needs "a bit more testing".

The CV Rework is a complete overhaul of a major gameplay system. You were unwilling to hold that back, even though it too needed a bit more testing.

Do you now see how silly your statement is? Lets leave aside the fact the WG has declared Alaska ready atleast once and its seems like even your own CCs and SuperTesters think the ship is ready for prime time right now, given rumblings Ive seen. 

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,563 battles

Why dont we just adopt WG's logic on why the CV rework needed to be pushed into the Live Client. 

If the Alaska needs more testing, then just drop it into the Live and get some "real" data...

...should be simple no?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles
21 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

Is it Soon yet?

Patton 5150 - loved your statement.  LOL!   Another individual stated ready by Christmas - YEP - next Christmas - one is always coming around!  Quick - get your shopping done NOW!  Only 11 months to go!  LOL.  Good one guys, good one.