You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

There is a simple reason WG did the CV rework.

27 comments in this topic

Members
909 posts

I can promise you it was not to rebalance CV. It was to make it so CV could be played on console. The way it was would have been impossible to do on console. The console market is much larger now than the PC market and the chance to make cash there is huge. I am sure WG did not want to make two different types of CV. One for PC and one for console. That would have required more developers and more cash spent. If WG losses players from PC over this i am sure they will more than make up for it with the console players. Many of you may not like it, but WG is a company and they are out to make cash. I am sure WG knew they would lose players over this and weighed the numbers and decided to go forward. All the complaining and threats to quit the game are not going to change their mind. The CV rework is here and here to stay and now it is up to you to either stay or go. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

Except the CV rework was being worked on before the console was even a thing in their minds.  I doubt that the console was the major deciding factor, though it could have played a part.

Members
909 posts
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

Except the CV rework was being worked on before the console was even a thing in their minds.  I doubt that the console was the major deciding factor, though it could have played a part.

Just because WG did not say anything about console does not mean they did not have ideas of going that way. They had plans of console way before we knew about it i can promise you that. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,101 posts
7,028 battles
1 minute ago, SteelClaw said:

Just because WG did not say anything about console does not mean they did not have ideas of going that way. They had plans of console way before we knew about it i can promise you that. 

100% correct!

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
Just now, SteelClaw said:

No, you can't promise me anything of the sort because you do not know that.  It was always a possibility, of course.  But WG's view was also that the CVs needed to be reworked to make for a better balance.

Making the CVs rework viable for both PC and console would obviously become the plan, but that does not mean that the rework was always intended to be so.  It would be logical, but it doesn't mean that's how it happened.

[WORX]
Members
3,873 posts
14,967 battles

PC WOWS operate on different servers then the console peasants. Console players are playing on they're own server for which we will never face them as PC WOWS players. 

Your argument makes sense to you but... Its not an argument that is valid.

[YARRR]
Members
629 posts
4,955 battles

Well then, let the console kiddies have their aerial twitch shooter, and drop CVs from the PC version.  The majority of players on PC want a naval gunnery based game. Make it so.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,028 posts
11,346 battles

Or maybe it is because the class was dead.

• Funny 1

Members
1,101 posts
7,028 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

No, you can't promise me anything of the sort because you do not know that.  It was always a possibility, of course.  But WG's view was also that the CVs needed to be reworked to make for a better balance.

Making the CVs rework viable for both PC and console would obviously become the plan, but that does not mean that the rework was always intended to be so.  It would be logical, but it doesn't mean that's how it happened.

2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

PC WOWS operate on different servers then the console peasants. Console players are playing on they're own server for which we will never face them as PC WOWS players. 

Your argument makes sense to you but... Its not an argument that is valid.

I can though because I have heard from the horses mouth that it was one of the reasons. They said it right in one of the live dev chats a awhile back. 

Edited by USMC2145

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, USMC2145 said:

I can though because I have heard from the horses mouth that is was one of the reasons. They said it right in one of the live dev chats a awhile back. 

Yeah, and which year was the year of the carrier?  Devs said that too.  Devs have said a lot of things.  You got a link and a name for that chat? :P

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,499 posts
15,415 battles

@SteelClaw @Gasboy the CV rework was requested long ago most vociferously by those who do not want CVs in the game at all and those who victims of well executed combined strikes. The need to adapt them for console controllers provided them the excuse to force this less than palatable sorry excuse upon us! 

Members
1,101 posts
7,028 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

Yeah, and which year was the year of the carrier?  Devs said that too.  Devs have said a lot of things.  You got a link and a name for that chat? :P

It was like two months ago. As the OP said either deal with it or leave. I am not going to get in a back and forth argument over this.  

[LEGIT]
Members
383 posts
13,979 battles

He's half-right. The other reason was to dumb down the boats and turn them into BBs with planes instead of rounds. The average WoWs player wasn't talented enough to handle CVs. Now any idiot can play them.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
13 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

I can promise you it was not to rebalance CV. It was to make it so CV could be played on console. The way it was would have been impossible to do on console. The console market is much larger now than the PC market and the chance to make cash there is huge. I am sure WG did not want to make two different types of CV. One for PC and one for console. That would have required more developers and more cash spent. If WG losses players from PC over this i am sure they will more than make up for it with the console players. Many of you may not like it, but WG is a company and they are out to make cash. I am sure WG knew they would lose players over this and weighed the numbers and decided to go forward. All the complaining and threats to quit the game are not going to change their mind. The CV rework is here and here to stay and now it is up to you to either stay or go. 

Well, this may or may not be the case, but something had to be done about the point-and-click RTS nature of the old CV play.  That had no business being in the game in the first place.

[LEGIT]
Members
383 posts
13,979 battles
Just now, USMC2145 said:

It was like two months ago. As the OP said either deal with it or leave. I am not going to get in a back and forth argument over this.  

People like you crack me up. You let a company force things down your throat and gladly shell out your $$ to them. Well, enjoy. Personally I am done.

[WORX]
Members
3,873 posts
14,967 battles
2 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

I can though because I have heard from the horses mouth that it was one of the reasons. They said it right in one of the live dev chats a awhile back. 

Think of it like this, Console Dept. WOWS Dept.  Two different dept. They dont interact with each other and one was started BEFORE the other... THe CV rework itself is about 3 yrs in the making, Console Dept came about a year and half ago. 

The CV Rework was a player request. Now hat is done, I can only say "be careful what you ask for, you may not like what you get in return".

That is the summery as to what happen. WOWS listened to the players... Now that its released. WOWS is dealing with the EMO GF, yikes.

[FORM]
Members
413 posts
7,579 battles

The CV-rework is here to stay. Some love it and some hate it, but one thing is for sure....... it is not going away.

[FORM]
Members
413 posts
7,579 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Think of it like this, Console Dept. WOWS Dept.  Two different dept. They dont interact with each other and one was started BEFORE the other... THe CV rework itself is about 3 yrs in the making, Console Dept came about a year and half ago. 

The CV Rework was a player request. Now hat is done, I can only say "be careful what you ask for, you may not like what you get in return".

That is the summery as to what happen. WOWS listened to the players... Now that its released. WOWS is dealing with the EMO GF, yikes.

No they are the same department. When Flamu and Jingles went to WG HQ that was brought up. The person working on the CV rework was doing it for both PC and console. 

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

I swear everytime I have to read this console theory, knowing how horribly misinformed it is, I know I've just been robbed of moments of my life I can never get back. 

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
413 posts
7,579 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

I swear everytime I have to read this console theory, knowing how horribly misinformed it is, I know I've just been robbed of moments of my life I can never get back. 

They are not misinformed. WG has said it themselves that they did it for a few reasons and console is one and one the other reasons was CV was played so little over the fact it took so much skill. 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,395 posts
3,058 battles
27 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

Oops! Somebody didnt read the staff posts. Radar said something about it yesterday, how it makes zero sense for such a large company to test something for a completley different platform on one of it's most successful games. I'll try to find it and edit it in, but I'm not gonna go digging. You can do that if you really need to see it

Edit:

I think it's important to reiterate that the CV Rework was not designed for use within the upcoming console version of World of Warship Legends.  It doesn't make sense for the company to take such an expensive and risky undertaking for a product that has no market presence yes. We understand it's change and if you were after that RTS style of gameplay, we also understand.  We appreciate the fact you've tried it and hope you'll reconsider in the future. 

-RadarX

Edited by _1204_

Members
352 posts
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Oops! Somebody didnt read the staff posts. Radar said something about it yesterday, how it makes zero sense for such a large company to test something for a completley different platform on one of it's most successful games. I'll try to find it and edit it in, but I'm not gonna go digging. You can do that if you really need to see it

Edit:

I think it's important to reiterate that the CV Rework was not designed for use within the upcoming console version of World of Warship Legends.  It doesn't make sense for the company to take such an expensive and risky undertaking for a product that has no market presence yes. We understand it's change and if you were after that RTS style of gameplay, we also understand.  We appreciate the fact you've tried it and hope you'll reconsider in the future. 

-RadarX

Maybe he did, but I remember a bit back that one of the EU devs brought up that the CV had to be redone for console and it may effect PC play. So this could be where all the CV reworked for console started. 

[FORM]
Members
413 posts
7,579 battles

Ok, i am fully willing to admit when i am wrong. I was wrong and here is proof.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles

I have a feeling that the rework won't be as good on console as everyone thinks.

Anyone here play both versions( rework and legends)  that can actually offer an informed opinion?