Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LtFire

Worst Update EVER! CV Cancer

21 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Members
8 posts
5,275 battles

After playing a few games hands down the worst update War Gaming has ever developed.  Took a semi broken style of play and totally ruined the rest of the game.  Not sure how long I will continue with the CV play in this state.  My personnel opinion is if someone wants to ply planes then go play world of war planes or war thunder.  2 cvs per match ends up being constant spotting and no counter play.   

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
3,873 posts
14,967 battles

Chill out that is only because its a new patch. Take a break and comeback in a few days... It does settle down.

Another guy with one post... Man they're late to the CV discussion...

Oh well get your popcorn ready :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by Navalpride33

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

Your experience has been different from mine.  Which has coloured my opinion differently.  The CV rework has been a great patch.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,028 posts
11,346 battles

Well I am enjoying it and am very optimistic for future adjustments.

My post from another thread:

So far so good, I played 8 games. 6 in tier 6 and 2 in tier 8. My win rate is 50% but it was a ruff start. 2 losses , 1 win, 2 losses, then 3 wins.

The planes seem to be very sensitive to tier. You really need to try and match up well with your targets. If you are in a tier 6 and get spanked by tier 8 AA you are in deep trouble, the opposite is true as well, if you are in tier 8 planes avoiding and surviving tier 6 AA is very easy.

Flack avoidance works just like the video from Notser demonstrates but he is better at it than I am. Was able to avoid about 75% of the flak. I do well on the way in but on the way out I am still learning. 

Damage totals in the first few battles was pathetic. Got consistently better as I went. 

Using the islands to hide your planes on the way in works great.

A bit of patience also goes a long way into making a good strike.

I still have tons to learn but it is very nice to want to be playing CV's, feels like a whole new portion of the game has opened up.

I only played one game in a non cv (Irian) in a tier 10 battle not specked for AA. A Midway focused me for much of the battle I took a lot of damage and only shot down 5 planes but he did not kill me. So pretty good for a tier 8 CA against tier 10 planes. One more attack from him would have got me. Feels like can pretty much play as normal. We will see more CV's but they do not have that first strike devastation anymore.

A lot more to learn. I will be able to play much more over the weekend. Great work WG!

Cheers.

President GIF

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, Excuse_Maker said:

See the source image

Don't drive angry...

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,395 posts
3,058 battles
28 minutes ago, LtFire said:

After playing a few games hands down the worst update War Gaming has ever developed.  Took a semi broken style of play and totally ruined the rest of the game.  Not sure how long I will continue with the CV play in this state.  My personnel opinion is if someone wants to ply planes then go play world of war planes or war thunder.  2 cvs per match ends up being constant spotting and no counter play.   

Yup, read it twice and see no suggestions for improvements, or even what you hate about it other than the loose use of the term broken

[SF-E]
Members
8 posts
5,275 battles

Well I was told to chill out and wait so I did, but still terrible update in my mind.  Still no counter play for constant spam of planes even nerfed that by reducing AA efficacy in groups.  Now It seems that only see 1 dd per side that is generally deleted with in the first 4 minutes unless they hide behind the fleet and do nothing.  Maybe a spotting mechanic could get tweaked like the radar giving the DD's a chance to take cover.  I'm not a huge dd player but feel they serve an important roll in the game unlike the CV's at this point.  Nothing more then a damage race with the opposing CV player.  Don't like what I have to say that's OK feel free to post your displeasure below.  Never posted much before because I was happy with the game as whole but still feels bad after the tweaks. There are more people frustrated with the game now then ever.  Still waiting for the fix to create real balance if there is one?

• Cool 1

[GREIF]
Members
235 posts
1,970 battles
3 minutes ago, LtFire said:

Well I was told to chill out and wait so I did, but still terrible update in my mind.  Still no counter play for constant spam of planes even nerfed that by reducing AA efficacy in groups.  Now It seems that only see 1 dd per side that is generally deleted with in the first 4 minutes unless they hide behind the fleet and do nothing.  Maybe a spotting mechanic could get tweaked like the radar giving the DD's a chance to take cover.  I'm not a huge dd player but feel they serve an important roll in the game unlike the CV's at this point.  Nothing more then a damage race with the opposing CV player.  Don't like what I have to say that's OK feel free to post your displeasure below.  Never posted much before because I was happy with the game as whole but still feels bad after the tweaks. There are more people frustrated with the game now then ever.  Still waiting for the fix to create real balance if there is one?

• Funny 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Chill out that is only because its a new patch. Take a break and comeback in a few days... It does settle down.

Another guy with one post... Man they're late to the CV discussion...

Oh well get your popcorn ready :Smile_popcorn:

Lol. Yeah. He's late to the hate filled whine festival. 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I guess he didn't want to miss it.  RU BBs will be the next whine-fest.  Already saw a thread that some RU BB is garbage...

Members
202 posts
364 battles
3 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

err...his original post was from January.   

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,384 posts
3,384 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

I guess he didn't want to miss it.  RU BBs will be the next whine-fest.  Already saw a thread that some RU BB is garbage...

And one posted 10 mins earlier that said they were stupid OP!     

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah. The RU BBs have some interesting characteristics. Get the popcorn. This should be entertaining!

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
725 posts
4,596 battles
2 minutes ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

err...his original post was from January.   

Ahh. My bad. Lol

[SEC_8]
Members
63 posts
16,437 battles

I personally LUV the new CV rework.

Turned me into a CV main.  Yes, i know, I'm mediocre at best I admit, but I still LUV it!

People need to chill.  Remember, it is still JUST A GAME.

Edited by Petrishnikov
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
3,873 posts
14,967 battles
4 hours ago, LtFire said:

Balance is over, adapt or get gud.

Ever sine patch 0.8.0.1 became live, its going to be a roller coaster ride from then on.

Now the CVs will die down, let the salt about or RU BB overlords begin. Shall we Dance the RU dance.

DA! Conrad.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SF-E]
Members
8 posts
5,275 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Balance is over, adapt or get gud.

Oh yeah like just "dodge" rocket planes or dive bombers as a dd or ca?  I guess I have not gotten "gud" enough.  Or blow my fighter and def aa to possibly take down one attack only to have the CV back over you in 15 to 20 seconds.  I have no salt about any of the ships in the game that can directly attack each other, RU BBs included.  There is always some counter play to them. My issue is and will always be with the mechanic that is broken.  This is my only means of communication to the game creators,  So before you start talking like a child and giving me some uninteligent comment that means nothing to anything that was said here why don't you just leave it to yourself.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
1,101 posts
7,028 battles

The only problems I see with the CV rework is that good players have adapted and bad players are playing worse than ever. BB, CA and DD players that are good at the game have adapted to dealing with the new CV even if they do not like it. Bad players are just getting beat up and slapped for extra measure by the CV and now just have no clue what to do. The skill gap between good and bad CV players is still there also. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,668 posts
4,468 battles
12 hours ago, Petrishnikov said:

I personally LUV the new CV rework.

Turned me into a CV main.  Yes, i know, I'm mediocre at best I admit, but I still LUV it!

People need to chill.  Remember, it is still JUST A GAME.

AYE. This very much.

You should win a virtual cookie for saying that. :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

087d17eb-500e-4b26-abd1-4f9ffa96a2c6.jpg.6c2ae946f3cbcf2ba79b32abb9ed2672.jpg

• Cool 1