Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

A Bribe

7 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles

I logged in this morning and had a container along with this message

image.png.607b43a112c52973103fc42015e5f3b9.png

The container had 24hrs Premium time

I was taking a wait and see attitude towards the CV rework and will continue to do so. After one day of it, I'm not impressed.  I sucked at CVs and I didn't think that could get worse, but it did.  I expected the new interface to be easier, and while it is in some respects I have these observations:

- CV play is boring.  And I expected it to get better with some practice.  It did not.  I certainly haven't spent much time with the CVs, I got better with each play but it also became more meh at the same time

- The controls while similar to ships, are difficult to navigate.  Maybe some sensitivity adjustments may help but I don't know yet

- I share most of the other observations already made so I won't repeat them, just note that I have much of the same feelings about the change

- I'm not thrilled with the prospect of respecing my commanders.  I'm not going to do much of that now but I expect I may need to clear most of them prior to the free respec expiring.  I don't want to do this but I think I might have to in order to respect them at a later date once the full impact of the changes are known.  I may not need to.  I just don't know.

Only one day in, I'm not excited to get in the game and play.  It's affected many of the ships that I enjoy playing and I don't know if I can get past that.  I hope so.  I enjoyed the game and I want to continue playing.  I'm going to play as much as I can through this weekend and see how I feel then.  I know that the gameplay with change with time as people adjust to the new CVs and the impact to the rest of the game.  Time will tell but I'm not ready to give up without giving it a chance.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,384 posts
19,666 battles

Like you said, getting better with each game, but ‘dull’ and ‘boring’ seem applicable adjectives.

Already had several 19 point carrier drivers after three years...

Respec results in all their skills being the same; IJN or USN, I can’t imagine RN or KM or Frenchies or Italians would be any different; why would they be?

While there are slight variations in ship modules, (armor for attack, torpedoe or bomber planes for example,) those are minor, effectively all my carrier modules are the same. A player is supposed to take ship boosting modules over aircraft modules for something they barely control anyway?

Such ‘sameness’ isn’t exactly a promoter of excitement; 

[A_51]
Members
832 posts
18,654 battles

As with the cable companies, you only get some love from WG when you go away.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
675 posts
1,326 battles

Was that a Twitch container? It looks like the popup that comes with them. If so, I didn't know they had premium time in them. Just been getting credits, consumables & a few flags in mine.

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Was that a Twitch container? It looks like the popup that comes with them. If so, I didn't know they had premium time in them. Just been getting credits, consumables & a few flags in mine.

I did have two containers this morning.  A Twitch and what looked like a New Years container.  The latter had the Premium time.

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Respec results in all their skills being the same; IJN or USN, I can’t imagine RN or KM or Frenchies or Italians would be any different; why would they be?

I hope so, but I just don't know.  And going through my 180 ships to decide on what I need to do is both tedious and fraught with the unknown.  I've come to my current specs from reading the forum, wiki, Div mate suggestions and my own personal experience.  I no longer have that wealth of information to fall back on.  It may turn out to be simple and less of a chore than I think at the moment.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,787 posts
2,718 battles

Man, I am taking today off from the game (not patch 8.0 related).

Crate waiting for me tomorrow?

Sign in to follow this