You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OppressorUnion

Thank you WG for Hood changes.

8 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
131 posts
7,066 battles

Thx you WG

I got the Hood in a crate and it was in my opinion not a very competint ship. Would of never bought her.

Now she is Amazing. Better shots better penetration she feel now like a better Kongo. 

But wait there's more, the 8.0 fix made her a good ship but the AA rework made her a great ship. Maybe even the best Tier 7 AA ship.

She has her weakness in mid range AA but the long range AA can put up as much flak at a tier x cruiser and with DFAA and fully spec she can hold her own against tier 8 cv.

So if you haven't played your Hood, this is the time to do so. The Hood is a blast to play now!

Edited by OppressorUnion
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,394 posts
3,390 battles

Agreed..  The AA suite is definitely nice.   I'm still sitting on the fence about the guns.   I need a few more rounds in it.  I did note some improvements against BBs last night but am expecting some drop against lightly armored vessels?  I'm going to reserve judgement until I get to try it a bit more?   

[WGA]
Administrator
1,471 posts
734 battles
7 minutes ago, OppressorUnion said:

Thx you WG

I got the Hood in a crate and it was in my opinion not a very competint ship. Would of never bought her.

Now she is Amazing. Better shots better penetration she feel now like a better Kongo. 

But wait there's more, the 8.0 fix made her a good ship but the AA rework made her a great ship. Maybe even the best Tier 7 AA ship.

She has her weakness in mid range AA but the long range AA can put up as much flak at a tier x cruiser and with DFAA and fully spec she can hold her own against tier 8 cv.

So if you haven't played your Hood, this is the time to do so. The Hood is a blast to play now!

I am glad you are liking the Hood. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,391 posts
19,676 battles

Hood was always a blast to play; but then I’ve always liked ships others seem to think are bad.

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
131 posts
7,066 battles
4 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Agreed..  The AA suite is definitely nice.   I'm still sitting on the fence about the guns.   I need a few more rounds in it.  I did note some improvements against BBs last night but am expecting some drop against lightly armored vessels?  I'm going to reserve judgement until I get to try it a bit more?   

BB pentraion is still a little wonky, but the grouping have been improved a lot and the penetration is in that sweet spot where I am consistently getting more citadels  on cruisers.  

Gun are improved the AA is just fun with +speed if you can hold the aircraft  in that long range AA sweet spot it's devastating.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,441 posts
5,491 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hood was always a blast to play; but then I’ve always liked ships others seem to think are bad.

Now that it's considered good, does it mean that you will start to play poorly with Hood and dislike it? :Smile-_tongue:

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,246 battles

The Hood is Actually a lot better ship. I wanted to like it since I first got it and the play was so bad that I ended up selling it, then I got it back in a Christmas crate. 

So last night I played it for the first time in a while, 19 point captain in it and the update has made this ship great. It is now like playing my Vanguard at tier 7.  I managed to sink a Nagato, and not 1 but 2 Musashi's in the same round! 

Great ship for tier 7 now!

[RLGN]
Members
10,391 posts
19,676 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Now that it's considered good, does it mean that you will start to play poorly with Hood and dislike it? :Smile-_tongue:

Who knows; but Vanguard also seems to get panned; Warspite driver jumped in cold turkey into Randoms with it and had a 109k win.

Instant good first impression.

Hood was similar. Good first game, and I’ve always liked it.