You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

Which to buy for a Pan-Asian trainer: Anshan or Huanghe?

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
674 posts
1,326 battles

I'm going to be starting the Pan-Asian line now that the event has started and I can earn a 10-point captain, so I need a trainer. My plan is to earn as many of the crates as I can from this weeks mission and hope that a ship drops, but if not, I'll purchase one of them. Either will cost about $10, as I need to buy another 1500 doubloons to get Anshan from the tech tree or buy the Huanghe for the $10 special in the shop.

Just wondering what people think of these ships. I enjoy playing both DD's and cruisers, so I'd be okay with either, but if one is better than the other, please let me know.

[O_O]
Members
5,099 posts
11,441 battles

I think both are decent.  Not bad, not great.  I would give the nod to Anshan for my style of play.  I think it is a bit easier to do well in Anshan than Huanghe, but YMMV.

[RLGN]
Members
10,384 posts
19,666 battles

Agree with previous posters.

PA line is all destroyers right now anyway, and Huang He is squishy with low dpm. The Perth smoke is nice, but can be niche.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,045 posts
6,164 battles

Huanghue, when played to its strengths,  is a fun ship.  USED to have the best AA for its tier - not sure now as it went down from an 81 rating when maxed to 51.

I call it the swiss army knife - if you don't mind the knives being a tad dull.

1. torp reload
  2. Commonwealth smoke
  3. decent enough guns
  4. AA

A support vessel, not a front line.  You will get pasted and lose 20K of HP in seconds if you don't watch your angles.

Its stats are some of the best at its tier.  

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,604 posts
5,723 battles

Anshan for sure. I like the Huang He, but the PA line is currently DD-centric. The Anshan has the added benefits of a 100% Free XP bonus baked into its camo, and of being a lot more straightforward to play than Huang He.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles

The tech-tree ships are all destroyers, bar Chengan, so Anshan is the better trainer.

You need to remember when using Anshan that her torpedoes CAN kill other destroyers, but the other pan-Asian destroyers (except for the premium T8 Lo Yang) CANNOT.

You will need to keep this in mind when firing torpedoes near your own destroyers. In the tech-tree ships, you can sometimes take what would otherwise be stupid risks; try the same thing in Anshan and you will be pink for quite a few battles thereafter. I wish the Anshan had an option for DWT for this reason.

Anshan is for obvious reasons similar to the Soviet Gnevny, of which she was a class member transferred to Communist China. Indeed, she even has an option to select 4km-range torpedoes, so you can get used to Gnevny's play style.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
674 posts
1,326 battles

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the advice.

The line being all DD's gives the Anshan the edge, but I was unaware of the extra Free XP bonus on the camo. That's a pretty good selling point, too.

[NVRDY]
Members
141 posts
10,596 battles

Huanghe is a dedicated dd hunter and AA battery, Anshan is a soviet style dd so not a real capper more of a harassment artist 🎨... I chose the Huanghe, I love being a dd hunter :Smile_playing: