You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Please for the love of God, put a timer on the effing F key

81 comments in this topic

[SAA]
Members
134 posts
2,578 battles

CV's being able to spit out attack planes literally faster than than Missouri spits out 16" salvos is not natural, historically accurate, or balanced in any possible way or view.

Was in a DD this morning and snuck my way though with clear sailing of 12km to the CV... but along the way had to deal with no less than 10 (probably more) in the 90 seconds it took to close to gun range.  That's an attack every 10 seconds or basically dodge, speed up, slow down, turn, shoot a salvo and then do all over again.  Worse is the closer I got the the more frequent the attacks got to the point that the torpedos from the last attack are still running with me and the CV has already Effed key, took off, and launched more torps.  That is just crazy.

There has to be some kind of timer or way to keep CV from launching planes FASTER than BB's can launch shells. 

WG put a lot of work into the CV rework so for  better or worse it's here to stay, but together with some kind of spotting tweak, this is the number 1 change that needs to be made.  One quick top of the head thought would be something like no more than 3 launches in 90 seconds to keep the attack spamming in check.

WG please do something before the F key becomes the Esc key.

PS.  I am not spending any money in premium shop until something is done to address this issue.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 10

[O_O]
Members
5,087 posts
11,440 battles

I do agree that under the circumstances you describe, a CV can pump out attack planes and with multiple runs per attack, can keep an attacking destroyer dodging so much that he can barely advance on the carrier.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,436 posts
723 battles

Dear Captains,

Thank you for your feedback on this.

We are constantly watching and reading what the community is liking/disliking.

• Cool 4

[ONE]
Members
287 posts
13,134 battles
3 minutes ago, iKami said:

We are constantly watching and reading what the community is liking/disliking.

But are you doing anything about the problems reported?   This latest update appears as if it were never tested before release.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[NCBL]
Members
56 posts
8,277 battles
4 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

But are you doing anything about the problems reported?   This latest update appears as if it were never tested before release.

I went to give you a "cool" but WG suddenly developed emoji problems :Smile-_tongue:

Members
13 posts
4,788 battles

Damage wise the planes aren't causing enough damage to bbs if they stick together. Almost every battle I have been able to avoid or destroy planes that come near me because of other players AA. I do agree though that a short time limit may help in terms of avoiding cvs planes being a little overwhelming at times. Nothing too extreme though.

[EQRN]
Members
997 posts
11,204 battles
12 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

Most of the pre 8.0 cc videos I’ve seen were against mainly bots.  WG can tune for bots, but that’s not terribly helpful for human players and that’s what we’re seeing now.  I suppose people will say it’s WGs fault not enough players took part on PTS...

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,797 posts
12,232 battles
39 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

CV's being able to spit out attack planes literally faster than than Missouri spits out 16" salvos is not natural, historically accurate, or balanced in any possible way or view.

Was in a DD this morning and snuck my way though with clear sailing of 12km to the CV... but along the way had to deal with no less than 10 (probably more) in the 90 seconds it took to close to gun range.  That's an attack every 10 seconds or basically dodge, speed up, slow down, turn, shoot a salvo and then do all over again.  Worse is the closer I got the the more frequent the attacks got to the point that the torpedos from the last attack are still running with me and the CV has already Effed key, took off, and launched more torps.  That is just crazy.

There has to be some kind of timer or way to keep CV from launching planes FASTER than BB's can launch shells. 

WG put a lot of work into the CV rework so for  better or worse it's here to stay, but together with some kind of spotting tweak, this is the number 1 change that needs to be made.  One quick top of the head thought would be something like no more than 3 launches in 90 seconds to keep the attack spamming in check.

WG please do something before the F key becomes the Esc key.

PS.  I am not spending any money in premium shop until something is done to address this issue.

People demanded something be done...  RTS was more historically accurate than the Rework launching more than 1 squadron and attacking with more than 1 .  Also it is about the planes on deck ready to go and it depends on that Tier your playing.  The lower the tier the faster they cycle.  Also this is incomplete.  There will be adjustments to come.  So I would be patient about it.

Edited by GrimmeReaper

Members
2,336 posts
1,271 battles

They would need to up the damage output of the planes if they introduce a delay upon f-key use, IMO.

CVs have nowhere near BB damage output per salvo now.

• Cool 1

Members
924 posts

Imho, F key should not exist or have a 1min CD on all planes.  Pick your planes and use them till they are out.  F key shouldn't be used to bait DFAA.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Cool 3

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
19 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

What the OP isn't saying is that while yes, the CV could throw out more torp planes very quickly, those squadrons had very few planes in them.  So if the CV is launching one after the other, there are likely very few planes, one or two, maybe three, to make an attack with.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,040 posts
6,136 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

What the OP isn't saying is that while yes, the CV could throw out more torp planes very quickly, those squadrons had very few planes in them.  So if the CV is launching one after the other, there are likely very few planes, one or two, maybe three, to make an attack with.

One plane or many....still gotta dodge.

The "clear run in because their planes are occupied" thing against CV's is gone.  I'm OK with that as this is more realistic.  But, WG may want to up the AA capability to be able to offer some deterrent to those 2-3 planes at a time.

Edited by Anonymous50

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,952 posts

F is required just in case you have the wrong plane type out.  I am not sure if it's a huge amount of abuse as not sacrificing planes on AA is a thing. 

CVs don't exist to feed AA spec players XP from shooting down planes.  It's bad enough their ordinance has an optimistic 40-50% damage reduction in torpedoes and pretty much every kind of hit.  I guess just don't get baited so easily or make sure your group takes turn with the def fire.  WG probably will tweak it some but dunno, they have the stats.

• Cool 1

[SMI-2]
[SMI-2]
Members
7 posts
1,112 battles

This update is just totally a disaster for most of us that only play Tier 6-7-8. Why does WG not want to talk about the Nerf they did to AA on specific cruisers, I did not buy Premium Cruisers with my money that had advertised and shown AA in the ships specific columns to have WG nerf them now with this update, to me it is false advertising as far as I am concern, I want the ship and the AA advertised by your web site not a nerfed down version of it.

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
439 posts
8,055 battles
30 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They would need to up the damage output of the planes if they introduce a delay upon f-key use, IMO.

CVs have nowhere near BB damage output per salvo now.

BB shells don't spot for other ships either, nor do BBs shells get to change targets after being launched.

• Cool 2

Members
104 posts
5,009 battles

It's amazing to see people say they need to up the AA defense when my main complaint is the AA defense is way over powered.  Not saying your wrong to think it, just amazed.

Given that, AA needs to be nerfed.  Something needs to be done about ships together.  Something needs to be done about being a lower tier CV in a higher tier match. A sole ship shouldn't be able to wipe out a full squadron before it can launch a rocket/torp/bomb (hence the traveling together problem).

I think plane spotting needs to be nerfed.  I think we are changing how the game plays out

When playing CV whether great match or terrible match I don't feel involved in the battle at all.  I don't feel like I can really affect the outcome of the match (I realize this was part of the point but I think it went too far)

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles
1 hour ago, 6thGuards said:

We've been very publicly promoting a number of PT updates which addressed the CV rework.  While this is only the second day, we have been gathering your concerns and sending them to the team.  Everyone is watching intently and adjustments will be made over time. 

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

We've been very publicly promoting a number of PT updates which addressed the CV rework.  While this is only the second day, we have been gathering your concerns and sending them to the team.  Everyone is watching intently and adjustments will be made over time. 

To add to this: WG has already stated that the next couple of patches will contain tweaks to the CV rework.  I doubt the mechanics will change, but the numbers will.

Beta Testers
101 posts
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Was in a DD this morning

First thing wrong with this post. Seems like all DD main players are screaming bloody murder about anything CV releated with out trying the new play of a cv.

[FORM]
Members
535 posts
5,788 battles

I definitely hope there's some tweaking to it and soon. As someone who played a good bit of the PT and is enjoying the new CV setup, I think it what it might benefit from most of all is to significantly reduce the number of attack planes at the start. The ability to put out two full waves of these pretty quickly has a HUGE impact on DDs (and when aimed well, can really put the DDs in a terrible hole at the start.)

I do think that we're witnessing a re-balance of the Meta, and that's all fine and good... but the pendulum on how important DDs are at the beginning and working on capping is much further out of the balance of what I think is smart.

FWIW, a thought to all DDs players out there, especially higher tiers... don't rush to the cap with the current setup. Take your time getting there and stick with supportive AA cover!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,361 posts
5,448 battles
56 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I suppose people will say it’s WGs fault not enough players took part on PTS...

I find the incentive not nearly enough to spend time playing on the test server.  My account languishes while I test their product for very little in return.

My last day on the test server was when I got a supercontainer that contained 14 days of premium for the test server account.  They are rare enough and I didn't even get to keep what I got.  

WG, if you want folks on your test server, incentivize them properly. 

[NMKJT]
Members
3,699 posts

I have to say this is premature. CVs right now are underperforming. They don't need a nerf right now.

Once they are balanced and holding their own at that point, maybe. The squadrons still have to fly across the map to hit so they can't spam you. A delay is baked in already

But too early for this

• Cool 1

[WOTNT]
[WOTNT]
Members
5 posts
7,372 battles

So the OPs complaint is that a CV shouldn't be able to launch a new squadron the instant it's currently deployed squadron has expended ordnance. I agree, that's annoying as hell. But that is also completely taking that CV out of the fight until your personal struggle is resolved. Along with the fact that if he recycles through his squadrons at a high rate he's eventually going to run out of planes.

Now, those who do not feel as I do have allready looked at my stats, seen I'm a potato, and chosen to disregard me. But the fact that I'm a potato proves my point. I took out several DDs yesterday and honestly had better success than usual. Make sure you have your air detection circle turned on your minimap and use it. It will guide you through safely if you use it.

In conclusion, I feel that most of the complaints we're going to hear at first are just going to be people resisting the drastic meta change this has brought about. Hopefully WeeGee will make good use of the NON hysterical input and the data mined over the next couple of weeks and make small tweeks from here on out. Meanwhile the player base must adapt, or not.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Did the OP die, did he get the kill? Did he expect the CV to be totally helpless like before? What tier? So many variables.

• Cool 1