Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Excuse_Maker

Ranked starts in 10 minutes!

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Who's jumping in? Not sure if my heart is ready for additional stress after reading all of the CV posts. What are you bringing to it? And please WG, whoever brings a Kitikaze to ranked, may they never receive a supercontainer again.

 

BTW, sleeper pick... RN LION

Edited by Excuse_Maker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[JMMAF]
Members
276 posts
5,186 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

Who's jumping in? Not sure if my heart is ready for additional stress after reading all of the CV posts. What are you bringing to it? And please WG, whoever brings a Kitikaze to ranked, may they never receive a supercontainer again.

Couldn't care less. This update has completely sapped any desire I have to play the game.   I wish all those who decide to go for it good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[-TKS-]
Members
530 posts
8,243 battles

I need ranked , just to get away from the cv crapshow .  It might make regular random battles better for a while . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[SYN]
Members
549 posts
2,639 battles
5 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Who's jumping in? Not sure if my heart is ready for additional stress after reading all of the CV posts. What are you bringing to it? And please WG, whoever brings a Kitikaze to ranked, may they never receive a supercontainer again.

Are you joining in? This ranked season will be interesting. Looking forward to it though!

Edited by Leopard_IX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
631 posts
11 battles
3 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Are you joining in? This ranked season will be interesting. Looking forward to it though!

I will, I have a horrible habit of going straight down to rank 5-8 and then hitting my skill wall and start playing the grinding game. I know with a certain number of games I could rank out but I usually nerd rage and quit around 150-170 games. maybe this Arms Race mode will change things somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[SYN]
Members
549 posts
2,639 battles
1 minute ago, Excuse_Maker said:

I will, I have a horrible habit of going straight down to rank 5-8 and then hitting my skill wall and start playing the grinding game. I know with a certain number of games I could rank out but I usually nerd rage and quit around 150-170 games. maybe this Arms Race mode will change things somehow.

Just checking, but you do know that it is tier 9?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
399
[WOLF2]
Members
1,279 posts
8,625 battles
2 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

I will, I have a horrible habit of going straight down to rank 5-8 and then hitting my skill wall and start playing the grinding game. I know with a certain number of games I could rank out but I usually nerd rage and quit around 150-170 games. maybe this Arms Race mode will change things somehow.

I need to grind my Alsace and Izumo towards T10.    Not sure how they'll fare in Ranked, but we'll see.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[SYN]
Members
549 posts
2,639 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

yes.

I was asking this because it seems you don't have any tier 9s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
0 posts
5 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

I need to grind my Alsace and Izumo towards T10.    Not sure how they'll fare in Ranked, but we'll see.   

Ha, I’m grinding the Izumo and FDG.

I’m actually enjoying the Izumo tho. Ugly as s**t but fun. 

Edited by CptRemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,153
[RLGN]
Members
10,347 posts
19,654 battles
17 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Who's jumping in? Not sure if my heart is ready for additional stress after reading all of the CV posts. What are you bringing to it? And please WG, whoever brings a Kitikaze to ranked, may they never receive a supercontainer again.

 

BTW, sleeper pick... RN LION

Why Kitakaze?

Season flag this time? At what rank?

In any case; interest is actually quite low; ‘Arms Race,’ = huge turn off, especially with Tier 9 and with this CV mess going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,380 posts
3,052 battles
22 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

BTW, sleeper pick... RN LION

Same here. Only planning on running my premium Bbs though. Even then, Musashi is on the bench until I see a considerable BB meta develop. Lion might be fantastic because you dont jave to switch ammo types to deal with DDs.

 

Basically Missouri and Mr Bart will be my starters, and Musashi and Lion for backup

Edited by _1204_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts
14,238 battles

Bringing

BBs- Jean B, Missouri and Musashi 

Cruisers - Ibuki, Kron, St Lou.  Trying to decide if I want to buy back Dom and Neptune...

DDs - Jutland, Yug, Fletcher, Chung Mu .. thinking of buying back Kitakaze, but would have to move Hug captain ( since IFHE captain requires heavy build) - would cost 450 doubloons to move back later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
483
[HELLS]
Members
2,099 posts
19,963 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Same here. Only planning on running my premium Bbs. Even then Musashi is on the bench until I see a considerable BB meta develop. Lion might be fantastic because you dont jave to switch ammo types to deal with DDs.

 

Basically Missouri and Mr Bart will be my starters, and Musashi and Lion for backup

''Monsieur Bart s'il vous plait''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,025 battles
22 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Couldn't care less. This update has completely sapped any desire I have to play the game.   I wish all those who decide to go for it good luck.

this patch is a legit competition to my other arcade fishing game such as bird of prey-WT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
483
[HELLS]
Members
2,099 posts
19,963 battles
2 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Bringing

BBs- Jean B, Missouri and Musashi 

Cruisers - Ibuki, Kron, St Lou.  Trying to decide if I want to buy back Dom and Neptune...

DDs - Jutland, Yug, Fletcher, Chung Mu .. thinking of buying back Kitakaze, but would have to move Hug captain ( since IFHE captain requires heavy build) - would cost 450 doubloons to move back later.

Do it now. All respecing is free and you might rank out before that ends...:cap_yes:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
540 posts
1,236 battles
6 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Do it now. All respecing is free and you might rank out before that ends...:cap_yes:

It's not free to switch captains from ship to ship though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
152 posts
7,530 battles

Already with the special upgrades, fully rigged with signals and with premium consumables:

HMS Lion, Kronshtadt, Dimitri Donskoi and HMS Jutland.

I might give a chance to USS Seattle, HMS Neptune and Musashi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
682
[A-I-M]
Members
1,681 posts
9,033 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

‘Arms Race,’ = huge turn off, especially with Tier 9 and with this CV mess going on.

Well, T9 excludes the CV mess from Ranked. There is that.

But, I regard the Arms Race mode as nonsensical, so my interest is likewise low.

I'll stay in Ranked this time as long as three conditions remain met:

1. Get enough steel to allow me to choose between Stalingrad and Bourgogne (already have enough for Stalingrad, only have to advance 1 Rank from start for enough for Bourgogne)

2. Remain successful and surprise myself and find it enjoyable

3. Continue to find it preferable to "CV Madness"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
0 posts
17 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

It's not free to switch captains from ship to ship though. 

Yes I do believe it is free to retrain captains, because I have been doing just that. Try it for yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,421 posts
68 battles

Let me preface this by saying I suck epically. However some people need a memo that you can't just hang at the rear. I guess everyone is in star saving mode? :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
540 posts
1,236 battles
23 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Yes I do believe it is free to retrain captains, because I have been doing just that. Try it for yourself!

You've switched captains from tech tree ships to other tech tree ships for free? If that's true, is definitely  interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
0 posts
5 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

You've switched captains from tech tree ships to other tech tree ships for free? If that's true, is definitely  interesting. 

I think we’re talking of the same thing here.

for example, last night I unlocked the FDG, so I took my Bismarck captain and fully retrained him on the FDG and it didn’t cost anything.

Edited by CptRemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×