Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Flamu must HATE CV Rework more than U!

24 comments in this topic

Members
949 posts

Seriously take a second in between your howlings of treachery and pain to think of those who made videos, wrote extensive reviews and spent time on the Wiki.

Almost all now is worthless.

My favorite YouTube warrior Flamu now has to redo his entire collection of videos. The video is of essentially an old ship. The Captain perks, recommendations for consumables and even whether it is a good ship or a bad boat may have changed. 

A sizable slice of income is now doubtful. 

Update 8.0 may annoy you. But at least your business did not just tank! 

Also,    FLAMU, Little White Mouse, Notser, Soup Nazi, I Chase Banking....

GET TO WORK....I got a limited time for free Captain respec and I don’t know what to do!!!!

o

• Funny 2

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

All you have to do is reset all your captains and only retrain a few that you play until they inevitably change things again.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
1 minute ago, mrh308 said:

All you have to do is reset all your captains and only retrain a few that you play until they inevitably change things again.

This.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,018 posts
2,470 battles

Flamu is the best CC in my opinion. I have learned to much from his videos and regulary watch him on twitch to learn more.

Members
1,999 posts
78 battles
13 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Seriously take a second in between your howlings of treachery and pain to think of those who made videos, wrote extensive reviews and spent time on the Wiki.

My favorite YouTube warrior Flamu now has to redo his entire collection of videos. The video is of essentially an old ship. The Captain perks, recommendations for consumables and even whether it is a good ship or a bad boat may have changed. 

GET TO WORK....I got a limited time for free Captain respec and I don’t know what to do!!!!

o

And who do you think you are that you can boss them around?

Members
949 posts

Please someone, anyone I need a FULL report on Tier 9 ships for Ranked Arms Race. 

Which ship is now God tier, Bottom Tier.

What ships would Flamu like to see on his team? 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts
14 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

most of youtube revenue is gained from the first few weeks

by having new content to post about, this actually gains people like him extra revenue.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
11 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

The carriers, yes. They will all have to be redone. 

With regard to the surface ships and their interactions with other surface ships, I think you are grossly overstating the case. 

Only time will tell how the aircraft-ship interaction works out. But the last major change to the skill tree, removing five-point skills and shifting other stuff around (e.g. BFT to 3 points, making Situational Awareness inbuilt) was an even more "obsoleting" change to many early vids on many ships.

Members
949 posts
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

And who do you think you are that you can boss them around?

I dare not infer that I can “Boss” them around.

This is a plea to the Great ones....we need them to come down from Mount Olympus and bestow upon us their vast knowledge.

I also have compromising pics of Notser...

Members
631 posts
11 battles
15 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

o

I agree. Get to work guys. 

My father once told me, son, you are not very bright, you must ask tons of questions. It's your best option. I always cherished his loving words.

Lemme haz the info!

[TARK]
Members
2,380 posts
1,277 battles

Dude, think for yourself.

You dont NEED the CCs to tell you what ships may or may not be good. You've reached tier 9, you should be highly experienced at the game...

• Funny 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You dont NEED the CCs to tell you what ships may or may not be good. You've reached tier 9, you should be highly experienced at the game...

True, but many times they might bring to light an idea that I hadn't though of. Watching Farrezeleth (sp?) yesterday on a CV captains build prompted and idea I overlooked. Personally I like using the youtubers builds and tweak from there.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

^^ So much this.

"Guys, get to work and tell me how to think!!"  :fish_nerv:

Good grief.

Members
949 posts
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Dear Sir,

I will have you know that it costs time and money to have my Office Assistant grind out ships and trees so I have all the BBs and most DD’s in Tier 10. How will she know what consumables or Kapitan perks to get me?

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[TARK]
Members
2,380 posts
1,277 battles
1 minute ago, Excuse_Maker said:

True, but many times they might bring to light an idea that I hadn't though of. Watching Farrezeleth (sp?) yesterday on a CV captains build prompted and idea I overlooked. Personally I like using the youtubers builds and tweak from there.

This is true. And I have no doubt that the CCs are hard at work generating content.

But still, we all have our own brains and our own ability to think things through.

I've personally changed the meta of an online game scenario in the past. You can do it too if you find something that works.

Beta Testers
101 posts
26 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

o

Isn't this a opportunity for them to make more content and more videos? Buy giving them easy to talk about topics..aka all the changes and new tactics.

I would think that they would be thrilled.

[WORX]
Members
3,873 posts
14,967 battles

I have the opposite opinion...

Every CC who went to the CC pow-wow in the mother land Russia, hyped the CV rework. Now that its released. Its like hyping coal as if it was gold. I dont remember one CC who had the first opportunity to play the rework, gave one bad comment about the CV rework. 

All I can say is "you reap what you sow" It is what it is.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But still, we all have our own brains and our own ability to think things through.

I don't, mine is on loan.

See the source image

[W-A-W]
Members
4 posts
7,196 battles

This is the worst update ever, some social worker intervention nonsense going on here!

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
47 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Don't kid yourself, we've all invested time and money in this game 

Videos are always going to have a shelf life and may require editing to remain relevant … ask yourself why people would go back to look at an old video and you have relevance

No, the videos are about SHIPS - it's the people who OWN the ships who are invested - duh :)

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
30 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Isn't this a opportunity for them to make more content and more videos? Buy giving them easy to talk about topics..aka all the changes and new tactics.

I would think that they would be thrilled.

You are correct - their job security is very safe 

Unless everyone quits :)

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have the opposite opinion...

Every CC who went to the CC pow-wow in the mother land Russia, hyped the CV rework. Now that its released. Its like hyping coal as if it was gold. I dont remember one CC who had the first opportunity to play the rework, gave one bad comment about the CV rework. 

All I can say is "you reap what you sow" It is what it is. 

Most industry insiders (this applies to any industry) are usually selling, being sold or apologizing for that industry

Now, all you have to do is figure out which CC are:

1) Sellers

2) Got Sold 

3) Apologists

If one happens to be all of the above, I would not look to them for advice :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[AR15]
Members
28 posts
8,552 battles
43 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Dear Sir,

I will have you know that it costs time and money to have my Office Assistant grind out ships and trees so I have all the BBs and most DD’s in Tier 10. How will she know what consumables or Kapitan perks to get me?

Rofl, the only thing I've laughed at since I woke up yesterday, well done Sir!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this