Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

New CVs are better for the game

9 comments in this topic

Members
2,443 posts
9,116 battles

With bunch of CVs in all games it does feel like the world would be better without them, it’s true. But I will still take these new CVs over the old ones.  Sure, one CV can make one DD life miserable.  But have you forgotten what the old CV could do?  I remember being able to perma spot two DDs while having strike squadrons on the third one.  I remember cross dropping Des Moines and getting away with it.  I remember taking BBs out in one strike.  I am willing to wait to see the dust settle, my bet is that most of players will move away from CVs to play more rewarding classes with time, and things will get better.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,405 posts
3,058 battles

People demand change, then are angry when it comes. One of the many funny things about today's society. Everybody wants it done their way, yet dont have the courage to lead. Metas will change, tweaks will be made, and we will have plenty of useless unproductive complaints for weeks to come. I will have my downvotes at the ready

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,260 posts
3,176 battles
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

People demand change, then are angry when it comes. One of the many funny things about today's society. Everybody wants it done their way, yet dont have the courage to lead. Metas will change, tweaks will be made, and we will have plenty of useless unproductive complaints for weeks to come. I will have my downvotes at the ready

People demanded improvement, we were given total chance instead, and that total change is making the game worse.

Personally, I won't play anything but the new CVs right now.   Surface ships feel unplayable when you're spotted ALL GAME LONG and if you leave your teammates even a little you become a sitting duck for any CV player just to attack you over and over.    Every single game I'm watching both teams just cluster up in the back of the map, because they know if they push, the enemy CV will strike them repeatedly.

I was optimistic for this, but after 1 night, I think its awful.    When ships that are suppose to specialize in AA cannot stop even a single attack by themselves (even with DFAA!), what the point of using them?     I got attacked 3 times by dive bombers, while driving an Atlanta, using DFAA...3 times!   And after that, he came back with Torps...but my DFAA was still on cool down, easy kill.    Where was I?  Capping B behind an island, capped it, but died.    Absolutely pointless to play anything but the broken CVs right now.

Edited by Zenn3k

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,481 posts
21,338 battles

Never played CVs before all of them were collecting dust. Started yesterday what a enjoyment keeping my CVs now and going to play them much more often until I get good at it. Very happy with the upgrade now I feel more involved now and a lot less of that Multi-task nonsense [edited], gone for good ! ! ! !

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,230 battles
14 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I disagree entirely.  People in general I found do not like Carriers.  Most games prior to this patch when you ended up in a game with a CV, you would see people gripe before the game even started.   Speaking personally, I would be happy if they removed carriers from the game entirely. We had a really good balance of Rock Paper Scissors before.  Now its Rock, Paper Scissors NUKE.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,231 posts
19 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

With bunch of CVs in all games it does feel like the world would be better without them, it’s true. But I will still take these new CVs over the old ones.  Sure, one CV can make one DD life miserable.  But have you forgotten what the old CV could do?  I remember being able to perma spot two DDs while having strike squadrons on the third one.  I remember cross dropping Des Moines and getting away with it.  I remember taking BBs out in one strike.  I am willing to wait to see the dust settle, my bet is that most of players will move away from CVs to play more rewarding classes with time, and things will get better.

Hear, hear!

A voice of reason in the darkness.

People keep saying that the DD game is dead - because perma spotting. They keep forgetting about the MULTIPLE squadrons that CVs used to have that could harass ALL the enemy DDs at the same time. 

They just can't seem to wrap their heads around the concept that the CV is now simply a Light Cruiser with very good radar. If a DD was focused by one spam ship (Atlanta, Minotaur, etc.) shooting shells at it with radar, it would be in the same situation.

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

The new CV play is fun, I am enjoying it to an extent.  BUT, it wasn't ready for release.  AA and bomb/rocket/torp damage is horribly balanced atm. 

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
2,988 battles

I like the mechanics, though I think damage and AA might need a second look. The TB do so little damage. They lost a little too much bite if you ask me. I'm not talking 10k per torp, I'm saying more than 1.6k or whatever the current figure is. And I'm not sure if it's just oversaturation of AA spec'd ships or what, but the AA is blistering.

It's a good start, but there is definitely room for improvement.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Everybody wants it done their way, yet dont have the courage to lead.

It's as much the case that everyone wants to dictate terms, nobody wants to wear the responsibility for the consequences those terms bring about. 

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

I will have my downvotes at the ready

DOWNVOTES PREEEEEEEEEEEEE-SENT! :Smile_trollface:

Some of what I've seen posted in the last couple of days makes me want to type things that would get me thrown off the forums.  I don't mind rational analyses of what people have found sucky so far, and I agree to some extent with a fair bit of it, e.g....

32 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

I think damage and AA might need a second look

(and I think they'll get a second look once WG has full data across all the live servers)

but a lot of the rest is exactly as you have described it:

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

useless unproductive complaints

The less of that, the better.

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this