Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hydra_360ci

Freaking, Win10 auto log-off....

10 comments in this topic

[TX]
Members
369 posts
4,992 battles

This 18gig update is taking forever to download, because Win10 won't let it.

Randomly, Win10 somehow ends up in sleep mode and logged out. This in turn closes everything that is running in the background and foreground, including any downloads from any third party programs. The kicker is that I have my Power settings set to never sleep, with the hard drives set to never turn off (display is set to turn off after an hour,  but I've tried disabling that, too; and Win10 still logs itself out.).  Also, have the screensaver checkbox unchecked that says: On resume, display logon screen.

I don't get it, and it's driving me crazy.

Yesterday, had the PC on for this update... and the update never started because Win 10 was logged out.
Today when I woke up.... found my PC logged off, yet again. And found that the Download stopped at 80%. 
At work, now....

Guess, I'll find out if it finally finished, later today....

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts

Check your router's settings and make sure that upload speeds are not capped. If they are, increase them to the max that your ISP allows you. Also, make sure that the game is downloading and uploading at the maximum speed of your connection. Conversely, you can go to the WOWS settings tab and uncheck the box that allows for uploading to other computers to decrease server time. Either should speed the game update.

As for Windows, it will generally do what it wants to unless you know all its ins and outs setting-wise. It's much easier to just reboot your computer periodically to let updates finish. Usually, major updates occur on Tuesday.

[TX]
Members
369 posts
4,992 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Check your router's settings and make sure that upload speeds are not capped. If they are, increase them to the max that your ISP allows you. Also, make sure that the game is downloading and uploading at the maximum speed of your connection. Conversely, you can go to the WOWS settings tab and uncheck the box that allows for uploading to other computers to decrease server time. Either should speed the game update.

As for Windows, it will generally do what it wants to unless you know all its ins and outs setting-wise. It's much easier to just reboot your computer periodically to let updates finish. Usually, major updates occur on Tuesday.

Download/upload speeds aren't the problem, the problem is that whenever Windows 10 goes to the lock screen all the process in the Windows Account get closed. And even though I have Windows 10 set up to not go into the lock screen.... it still does.

My download speeds themselves are slow, because I'm on Spectrum's cheapest plan. $25 a month, while using my own modem.... (it used to be $19 a month, before Spectrum bought out Time Warner).
Typically, I get a download of about a Gig an hour.
WoW's ping is 30-40, typically, though.

30 minutes ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

Make sure the Hibernate setting is off as well.

Yeah...  that's not on.

[GSKUL]
Members
71 posts
1,412 battles

Try this and see if it helps...

1. Click on the windows icon
  2. Type regedit
  3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
  4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
  5. Double click on Attributes
  6. Enter number 2.
  7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings)
  8. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to unlimited, or whatever you want it to be.
  • Cool 1

[TX]
Members
369 posts
4,992 battles

Come home from work and I'm greeted with some sort of error message about the update.... Didn't read it just okayed it... and now I get the pleasure of redownloading the 18gig update all over again.

I  really wanna kick something right now!!!!!!

[GT99]
Members
571 posts
7,535 battles

Windows 10 can be screwy with power management. I have mine set up to sleep after so long and blah blah blah. It never worked for a while no matter what I changed. Then all of a sudden one day it started working as it should without me changing anything. I love Microsoft. Sorry to hear about having the download bork though. That sucks.

[TX]
Members
369 posts
4,992 battles

Well... damn.... This game refuses to update.

Now gives me some error about the update files and to try again later.... And when I retry, it starts the update at about the half way mark on the progress bar. and 10 minutes later it just gives me the same error all over again. One of those torrent files must be corrupt.... but which one. And why did it get corrupt to begin with. 

Guess this is gonna be redownload #3.... At this rate, I'm gonna miss the chance of getting that special Pan-asia captain. Not to mention taking advantage of the free Premium time during this weekend....  Why is this game so huge, anyways.... What is it?  like 60GB's?

Might have to lug this PC to my parents house to use their faster connection. Update will be about a 2 hour download at their house instead of the 12 hours it's taking me. Have a feeling it's the constant auto logging off that's corrupting this download for me....

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[KRAK]
Members
2,408 posts
16,521 battles
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, Hydra_360ci said:

Download/upload speeds aren't the problem, the problem is that whenever Windows 10 goes to the lock screen all the process in the Windows Account get closed. And even though I have Windows 10 set up to not go into the lock screen.... it still does.

My download speeds themselves are slow, because I'm on Spectrum's cheapest plan. $25 a month, while using my own modem.... (it used to be $19 a month, before Spectrum bought out Time Warner).
Typically, I get a download of about a Gig an hour.
WoW's ping is 30-40, typically, though.

Yeah...  that's not on.

I run Win/10 and never have this issue. Something in your Windows settings is set wrong.

Sign in to follow this