Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Romic

10 games +8 karma good CVs get rewarded

27 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles

CV is definitely going to be a new main for me! 10 games in averaging about 118k damage at t10 not bad for starting out the rework. But I am also up 8 karma overall. That is the big shocker. People seem to really appreciate CVs a lit more now. Definitely a great change over all 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WDS]
Members
1,633 posts
8,423 battles
19 minutes ago, Romic said:

CV is definitely going to be a new main for me! 10 games in averaging about 118k damage at t10 not bad for starting out the rework. But I am also up 8 karma overall. That is the big shocker. People seem to really appreciate CVs a lit more now. Definitely a great change over all 

That's nice to hear. I thought the rework was mostly really good lots of new things graphics look great good luck .

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
21,318 battles

Never enjoyed all that multi tasking in the old version also was the reason I never played all my CVs . But started yesterday with the new CVs version . now I'm glad I kept all my CVs . I feel much more involved in the game now and enjoying the graphics , flaks , hitting ships and getting hit in return 

Beta Testers
101 posts
41 minutes ago, Romic said:

Yeah. But did you notice if you were in the top 5 of your team?

Big issues ive seen is the damage reduction to CVS alpha, has made it really hard to get good rewards like xp and silver. I have yet to see a CV since 8.0 make it above 6 place on the battle report after a match. And with the removal of odd tiers they increased the required so for the next ship.

Just food for thought. Look for it on your next battle and you'll see it.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
22 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

hitting ships and getting hit in return 

It's a lot more visceral. Three days ago, it was "Oh dear, another little tick-mark has disappeared from above this icon." Now you have to watch them smoke and burn.  All that's missing is the sound-effects of the agonized screams over the radio as the crews suffer and die, but I'm not sure we want to go there.

11 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Big issues ive seen is the damage reduction to CVS alpha

Agree, and I am by no means the world's best CV player. I do see potential for improvement, though.  I think damage done per strike probably needs to be tweaked upwards a bit, but before they do this, WG probably wants to give everyone most of this patch to get acquainted with the attack methods. Not everyone went on the PTS; not everyone is going to be ready to deliver good damage every time. When they are, buffing CV damage might have unwelcome effects if it is not done properly and carefully.

While I think it's probably a good thing that a single carrier can no longer cross-torp or group-AP-bomb a battleship and blast the begeezuz out of it from untouched full health, it would seem that devastating strikes are potentially a thing of the past for CV drivers (unless they get lucky and also cause a detonation), and that probably isn't right.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
21,318 battles

I'm sure that all in due time WG will be fine tuning and adjusting the new CV upgrades , not too concerned it will take a little time to get the data in for all those small adjustments here and there ……...  

Beta Testers
101 posts

I just hope they do take a look at helping CVS get the same match rewards as other players. If they have to tweak damage or just make CVS get a booster ever match, long as it gets fixed.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

Congratz on your wins and glad you are enjoying it.  Let us know what you feel is working well. 

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
45 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Big issues ive seen is the damage reduction to CVS alpha, has made it really hard to get good rewards like xp and silver. I have yet to see a CV since 8.0 make it above 6 place on the battle report after a match. And with the removal of odd tiers they increased the required so for the next ship.

Actually I have been top on my team 3 of those 10 games and top 6 for 8 of 10. So yes I have been doing consistantly well overall. Best game so far was 221k damage and averaging 118k after 10 games. Only going up! 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,590 posts

I too believe in fairy tales....:Smile_trollface:

And what OP appears to be saying is, the CV's are just as OP as before in the right hands......problem solved?:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,017 posts
11,330 battles

Wow nice work what tier where you playing?

My experience so far:

So far so good, I played 8 games. 6 in tier 6 and 2 in tier 8. My win rate is 50% but it was a ruff start. 2 losses , 1 win, 2 losses, then 3 wins.

The planes seem to be very sensitive to tier. You really need to try and match up well with your targets. If you are in a tier 6 and get spanked by tier 8 AA you are in deep trouble, the opposite is true as well, if you are in tier 8 planes avoiding and surviving tier 6 AA is very easy.

Flack avoidance works just like the video from Notser demonstrates but he is better at it than I am. Was able to avoid about 75% of the flak. I do well on the way in but on the way out I am still learning. 

Damage totals in the first few battles was pathetic. Got consistently better as I went. 

Using the islands to hide your planes on the way in works great.

A bit of patience also goes a long way into making a good strike.

I still have tons to learn but it is very nice to want to be playing CV's, feels like a whole new portion of the game has opened up.

I only played one game in a non cv (Irian) in a tier 10 battle not specked for AA. A Midway focused me for much of the battle I took a lot of damage and only shot down 5 planes but he did not kill me. So pretty good for a tier 8 CA against tier 10 planes. One more attack from him would have got me. Feels like can pretty much play as normal. We will see more CV's but they do not have that first strike devastation anymore.

A lot more to learn. I will be able to play much more over the weekend. Great work WG!

Cheers.

President GIF

Beta Testers
101 posts
38 minutes ago, Romic said:

Actually I have been top on my team 3 of those 10 games and top 6 for 8 of 10. So yes I have been doing consistantly well overall. Best game so far was 221k damage and averaging 118k after 10 games. Only going up! 

You run ijn or usn at t10?

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
26 minutes ago, lucifier said:

You run ijn or usn at t10?

Ijn at t10. I tested both in the pts and closed testing and just found that the ijn fit my playstyle more. I will still be grinding the USN line in the future but I am loving the IJN right now. 

Beta Testers
101 posts

NNow I understand why you get that high damage and match rewards. Hope it is as for all players after a few weeks

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

While I think it's probably a good thing that a single carrier can no longer cross-torp or group-AP-bomb a battleship and blast the begeezuz out of it from untouched full health, it would seem that devastating strikes are potentially a thing of the past for CV drivers (unless they get lucky and also cause a detonation), and that probably isn't right.

IJN can still cross torp and AP bomb BBs what are you talking about? 

Cross torping can be done easily by dropping torps from behind the BB then flying over and around to get your 2nd side drop. The first set acts as a corral while the 2nd set is intended for damage 

AP bombing is actually decently easy if you target at the right time and drop while your planes are in the dive straight down not entering or exiting the dive. Double citadels are still more than possible on any ship. They are actually easier than the pre rework bombs if you do it right. 

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
3 minutes ago, lucifier said:

NNow I understand why you get that high damage and match rewards. Hope it is as for all players after a few weeks

I'm not saying it's easy to get those numbers as you still have to be very mindful of a large number of things but it is possible. Micromanaging planes is still very much a thing just in a different way. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
2 minutes ago, Romic said:

IJN can still cross torp and AP bomb BBs what are you talking about? 

They can no longer simultaneously attack from two directions, and there is no more of this thing where a Graf Zeppelin stacks three AP bomber squadrons in a manual drop and wipes battleships off the map in one hit.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
2 hours ago, lucifier said:

Call it conspiracy theory if you want, but, it's a helluva lot easier for WG to buff things (like CV damage) after it's come out a bit underpowered and the first flurry of screaming gets over with.  If they do it in the other direction (bring out OP and nerf) gets a lot more noise involved.

• Cool 1

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I too believe in fairy tales....:Smile_trollface:

And what OP appears to be saying is, the CV's are just as OP as before in the right hands......problem solved?:cap_hmm:

CVs currently have more potential than previous as far as I can tell. My 221k game very easily could have been a 350k game with a couple tweaks to my aim which will come with practice.

The "problem" with CVs is how do you balance something where average players are struggling to hit 100k but great players can easily hit 175- 200k+ on a semi regular basis. That has yet to be seen.

The high skill cap is still there just different 

[UEFN]
Members
853 posts
15,967 battles
3 hours ago, Romic said:

Reported.

• Funny 2

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
54 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They can no longer simultaneously attack from two directions, and there is no more of this thing where a Graf Zeppelin stacks three AP bomber squadrons in a manual drop and wipes battleships off the map in one hit.

Pretty sure that was part of the point in how it was reworked lol alpha damage was making it less fun for anyone who wasnt the CV

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,476 posts
10,575 battles

As a non CV player (though I did try out Saipan in bot land to get a feel for what can be done) I felt like I was constantly under air attack, playing the PE in a T8 battle (that wasn't fun) and being focused by the T8 CV.  PE has decent AA, shot down like 7 planes, took about 50% damage from the CV...ran and he left me alone.  Same with other games...not getting focused per se, but feeling like I was close to being attacked, almost all the time...the speed of the planes, the ability to launch multiple attacks keeps the non CV players on their toes...Also it seems that the CVs are doing same amount of damage per game, based on skill, but its coming in dribbles rather than a flood.  In some ways with a squadron able to make multiple attacks I believe the CVs again will be OP in the hands of those that develop the skills...even MORE so than before.   Two torp hits...no big deal on a BB, but its flooding...fix the flood?  Oh he's coming around again...will he hit me?  Fix flood and get hit again and flood again...now this is were the CV players will rule, and they can come around AGAIN!   Dive bombing...set a fire...fix or not to fix?  With old system....you got to fix and then wait for the torpedo planes to show again, if they even bothered to seek you out.   Sure AA is shooting down MORE planes, but when there unlimited planes, not sure this is a good thing.  I think there is going to be a lot more AA spec ships over time.

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
22 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

As a non CV player (though I did try out Saipan in bot land to get a feel for what can be done) I felt like I was constantly under air attack, playing the PE in a T8 battle (that wasn't fun) and being focused by the T8 CV.  PE has decent AA, shot down like 7 planes, took about 50% damage from the CV...ran and he left me alone.  Same with other games...not getting focused per se, but feeling like I was close to being attacked, almost all the time...the speed of the planes, the ability to launch multiple attacks keeps the non CV players on their toes...Also it seems that the CVs are doing same amount of damage per game, based on skill, but its coming in dribbles rather than a flood.  In some ways with a squadron able to make multiple attacks I believe the CVs again will be OP in the hands of those that develop the skills...even MORE so than before.   Two torp hits...no big deal on a BB, but its flooding...fix the flood?  Oh he's coming around again...will he hit me?  Fix flood and get hit again and flood again...now this is were the CV players will rule, and they can come around AGAIN!   Dive bombing...set a fire...fix or not to fix?  With old system....you got to fix and then wait for the torpedo planes to show again, if they even bothered to seek you out.   Sure AA is shooting down MORE planes, but when there unlimited planes, not sure this is a good thing.  I think there is going to be a lot more AA spec ships over time.

Honestly I might have been that CV. I have done that to a few PEFs and blatantly abused a NC that was all alone in the same fashion. 

CVs prey on ships that are out of position or alone. They are easy targets and a single ship's AA is a small threat compared to larger groups of ships. So as a result the lone ship is the easy target. No different than wolves in the wild. They take the easy kill. 

So how do you deal with that? Be at least within a block of an allied ship or 2. Making a drop on a ship a CV has to fly over and across into those other ships and it increases the risk to them. So depending on what other targets are available you may not be the easiest if your other side is covered by a strong AA. 

Spec into the 2 extra flak bursts.... that actually makes a huge difference when I am picking targets as a CV. Too much flak and I will get out no matter what the target is. Planes are valuable to a CV and risking losing a bunch to flak is not worth it to a good CV player. 

[-TXT-]
Members
172 posts
9,724 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, lucifier said:

I am definitely making top 5 ... I can even beat the high score on the winning team when I lose :P 

shot-19.02.01_21.23.25-0124.jpg

shot-19.02.01_21.23.29-0222.jpg

Beta Testers
101 posts
8 hours ago, Romic said:

I am definitely making top 5 ... I can even beat the high score on the winning team when I lose :P 

shot-19.02.01_21.23.25-0124.jpg

shot-19.02.01_21.23.29-0222.jpg

Yeah seems t10 is ok on making a decent win rewards. It's t4-t6 that's losing bank cant get any decent rewards so or silver.😢

Sign in to follow this