Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mustangrde1

Not the product I purchased.

37 comments in this topic

[--O--]
Members
259 posts

I have been playing for 3 years, I came to World of Warships because I enjoy Naval Surface games, I did not and have not played WOT or WOWP as I do not enjoy either of those types of games.

I started out like most people playing for free to see what this game was about, I had an old pc that made it very difficult but still enjoyable. When I upgraded to a true gaming PC the game became more enjoyable and my skill level went way up and I felt comfortable in game.

So I purchased Premium and Premium camo’s 12 of them to be exact that is an investment of around $300.00 U.S. plus the Premium account another $200.00 and then all the doubloons and other etc, not to mention a gaming pc. This is a substantial investment into a product.

I learned my play style (what works best for me) and set my ships and captains up accordingly (both which takes time (time= money / investment). I did so because now I had a monetary investment in the product as well as the investment of time.

Then in one shot update all that (Time and Investment) was gone, I was forced by this new product to change all my captains and ships skills/modules. No let me repeat that NO other update ever forced me to do that. Many made me have to relearn strategy but NOT NOT have to completely rebuild everything I spent years learning and building.

I recently changed my Tv provider (i.e. cable well Dish-network) the reason was simple after 15+ years with them they decided to pull HBO and after the first month I had enough of not having it and started looking around and found that my actual internet provider had a better deal with many channels I had lost or been charged more for over the year, so I left them.

This game as I stated in a previous post is more like World of Warplanes – naval edition, than the product I purchased and the enjoyment from that product yesterday ceased was no where near where it has been for many reason listed throughout the many post since.

I have 40+ days left on my premium account and hope that Wargaming in those 40 days fixes so many things that went and are wrong with this update, I would also hope they would look at some other ways to compensate many people who feel like me, that they altered the product so much it is not the Product we Purchased. 

But, in roughly 40 days if things do not change I will simply as I did with my tv provider simply switch to someone else’s platform. I would regret it as I DID enjoy this product, but I did not change it wargaming did and did so with so many people/consumers saying “don’t do it it’s not ready”

Good luck to all, and here is to hoping the correct many of the issues.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

Members
703 posts
12,953 battles

I agree with what you are saying. I have stopped playing until they sort out this poo-poo show.

Once it gets sorted out I will look at the "finished" new product and make my decision about coming back.

I am not bitter about it. Like you I bought premium ships, time and crated at times, but when you factor in the hours of enjoyment the game gave me it really was cheap entertainment.

I don't want it to end, but like you I didn't sign up for Warplanes 3.0.

Members
63 posts
6,267 battles

I agree with you as I am in the the same "boat" (pun intended).

Honestly, I don't even know if here in America they can change a product to a point that it is not what it was before, or what the customers bought.  I too invested a bit too much money in it and I regret it a lot today when I see what I am stuck with.

Time will tell, but I don't know how long I will continue here.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,002 posts
4,596 battles

Personally I agree that in the end you end up with something you dont like at all. Staying away for a while is the more prudent move.

BUT keep in mind.

You aren't buying a product, rather a license to use said product. This means that it can be changed in any way, shape or form or even revoked if WG so wishes. 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
4 minutes ago, Charlie_The_Cat said:

I agree with you as I am in the the same "boat" (pun intended).

Honestly, I don't even know if here in America they can change a product to a point that it is not what it was before, or what the customers bought.  I too invested a bit too much money in it and I regret it a lot today when I see what I am stuck with.

Actually they can. With a global change/mechanics change they’re pretty much in the clear. And that’s exactly what this was. Also, our laws here in the US are a whole lot easier for WG to skirt around compared to the laws in the EU.

[H_]
Members
2,069 posts

I can't even get the 8.0 to actually load at the moment and our host has other things to do than help a customer out it seems.....

OP, to your point, so you are spot on.   I was on DC last night with friends and that was their first go at these changes.  Oh Boy, they are patient and have been in WoWs like you, invented in WoWs like you and, to be honest, I don't think they will leave until they PT runs out.....  When it does.......they will move on unless our host realize the magnitude of the errors.....

Of course, all of the players I know left WoTs two years ago.  Many of us have been predicting that our host was going to change WoWs into the WoTs arcade model and that the historic expectations, roles and tactics of the early 20th century weren't profitable enough in this FPS market place....  So, I can't play 8.0 yet, but I'm sure that I'm doing as all of my friends are doing:  waiting till the PT ends and then, we'll make a decision.

Members
63 posts
6,267 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Personally I agree that in the end you end up with something you dont like at all. Staying away for a while is the more prudent move.

BUT keep in mind.

You aren't buying a product, rather a license to use said product. This means that it can be changed in any way, shape or form or even revoked if WG so wishes. 

I am not sure about this.

If you buy something because it is marketed to do ABC, but somehow, the products is changes at some point to do DEF instead, I think there are some laws that protects against that.  Else, it would be too easy for anyone to come out with a 'wonderful' product, cash on all people sucked in' and then just leave and empty shell and be done with it.  I won't say this is fraud, but it threads very near it imo.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
6 minutes ago, Charlie_The_Cat said:

If you buy something because it is marketed to do ABC, but somehow, the products is changes at some point to do DEF instead, I think there are some laws that protects against that.  Else, it would be too easy for anyone to come out with a 'wonderful' product, cash on all people sucked in' and then just leave and empty shell and be done with it.  I won't say this is fraud, but it threads very near it imo.

If you actually read the agreement you had to accept in order to play this game, you’d know that you actually aren’t “buying/purchasing” anything. You’re paying for the license/right to use their product, ie the premium ships, premium time, etc. You’re not really buying them. You’re basically renting them for the duration of the game. Also in said agreement, it states WG reserves the right to alter it/them at their discretion as well as reserves the right to pull everything from your account if you violate their policies.

If more people would actually read the long agreements you’re forced to sign, they would know this.

So yes, they can change the product(s) at any time. They just refrain from doing so normally except for global/mechanics changes due to that basically being the only way they can do so in the EU.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[--O--]
Members
259 posts
2 minutes ago, Charlie_The_Cat said:

It is called "fraud" many levels and means.

As a business owner I have an attorney (side note): I hooked him on this game and we discussed this yesterday, something oddly gratifying about killing a lawyer lol)) 

He said a person could take this to court but two things (Is it worth it when you can move on AND remember the only one who makes money is the lawyers)

So unless someone wants to really push it and find out its moot and I doubt any here want to but hey i could be wrong and someone is board enough and has the money to throw away at a silly lawsuit.

[TBW]
Members
7,528 posts
13,808 battles

I have spent at least 3 grand on this game and it might be more like 4 grand. I have no regrets, it has kept me busy for 3 1/2 years of care taking my Granny.  If the CV rework is a flop all WG has to do is pull the plug on it. Check back in a week and things will be different than today, just because of the Meta. There is also the fact that WG could not fully test the rework in the PT, there will be changes I am sure. Don't get your tit in a wringer right away, people never like change until they get used to it.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
2 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

As a business owner I have an attorney (side note): I hooked him on this game and we discussed this yesterday, something oddly gratifying about killing a lawyer lol)) 

He said a person could take this to court but two things (Is it worth it when you can move on AND remember the only one who makes money is the lawyers)

So unless someone wants to really push it and find out its moot and I doubt any here want to but hey i could be wrong and someone is board enough and has the money to throw away at a silly lawsuit.

Read my above comment. You agreed when you accepted the agreement to play this game.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Members
63 posts
6,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

It won't be me for sure, but I would really enjoy and support anyone with the will, guts and money to go after them and slap them down for a really high fees for what they have done to their player base world wide in all their franchises.  Besides reworks that totally changes the game like this one, their unscrupulous manipulation of dynamic games element (which is too obvious for software developers to not noticed) is something that should be known too.  If only we could get the code of their games... truth would be known.

[--O--]
Members
259 posts
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

Read my above comment. You agreed when you accepted the agreement to play this game.

That does not stop people from trying, and I have seen some pretty stupid things tried for and they cost money to both sides.

I run a fishing charter service and fishing electronics education business and have had people try to sue me for "Not catching fish" yes people tried that and one Judge actually let it go to court. Obviously I won and received court cost back but lost time off water having to meet my attorney an time to go to court.

When I was a contractor I saw many many many stupid lawsuits even with very good contracts written. So do not ever think because you sign and accept certain terms you cannot be sued and if you do pray you get it dismissed because juries can be unpredictable and some just stupid.

Members
63 posts
6,267 battles
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

By the number of replies you do in all threads and defending WG almost all the time, you must be what everyone calls "a fan boy". :)

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
4 minutes ago, Charlie_The_Cat said:

By the number of replies you do in all threads and defending WG almost all the time, you must be what everyone calls "a fan boy". :)

I’m far from a fanboy and hardly defend WG all the time. Quite the opposite actually. I just find all the complaining to be very amusing though I hate seeing page 1 flooded with these posts and having other posts constantly pushed back because of it.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts
37 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

I have been playing for 3 years

So I purchased Premium and Premium camo’s 12 of them to be exact that is an investment of around $300.00 U.S. plus the Premium account another $200.00 and then all the doubloons and other etc, not to mention a gaming pc. This is a substantial investment into a product.

You purchased Premium time for your own convenience so that you could more easily move up the ship trees. You purchased perma-camo so that you could play your favorite high-tier ships while still making a profit. You purchased doubloons so that you could demount modules and respec captains, etc. Nobody forced you to do this and WG doesn't owe you anything more than they have already given you -- a game that you have obviously enjoyed enough to play for three years. And if you thing WG has to listen to you just because you bought a new PC ot play their game, well that's just funny.

Members
63 posts
6,267 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

You purchased Premium time for your own convenience so that you could more easily move up the ship trees. You purchased perma-camo so that you could play your favorite high-tier ships while still making a profit. You purchased doubloons so that you could demount modules and respec captains, etc. Nobody forced you to do this and WG doesn't owe you anything more than they have already given you -- a game that you have obviously enjoyed enough to play for three years. And if you thing WG has to listen to you just because you bought a new PC ot play their game, well that's just funny.

The problem is they listened to no one, and came up with these ideas that no one wanted either, or was mechanic that were heavily criticized by testers.  But all still made it to live.  IMO, that's a complete new game we have right now and all that any players invested in the game before could result in a class action if someone want to start one.

[--O--]
Members
259 posts
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Think you missed the entire point.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have spent at least 3 grand on this game and it might be more like 4 grand. I have no regrets, it has kept me busy for 3 1/2 years of care taking my Granny.  If the CV rework is a flop all WG has to do is pull the plug on it. Check back in a week and things will be different than today, just because of the Meta. There is also the fact that WG could not fully test the rework in the PT, there will be changes I am sure. Don't get your tit in a wringer right away, people never like change until they get used to it.

lols, I refuse to look at my spend. I'd rather not know what I have spent. It's much easier to ballpark it like I do when I got to Vegas. Even though I am out 2grand, I say well there were drinks and laughs and some food....so really I only lost $700

Members
6 posts
9,992 battles

I spent well over a grand in a year in this game, no real big deal to me.  But I will not spend one red cent in the garbage these worthless beta testers and broke community contributes have pushed out.  Wargaming,  you have listened to fanboys.... not the people who pay your bills.

• Cool 1

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
417 posts
9,412 battles

The problem is not a problem when you offer yourself a solution. Games change and evolve over time and the biggest changes are to the CV and some captain skills. It does not mean you are obsolete and have redo everything. If you instead looked at it from the glass half full perspective you will realize this is a great update and we all have to work through it but do so with a positive attitude. 

Members
488 posts

We pay to play the product as it currently stands, or we even play it for free. It gets patched, if we still like it we pay to play it more (or just play for free).  Along the way people might choose to pay money for extra advantages (credits, ships) because they like the game. Fine. 

If a patch changes a game so that we no longer like it, we can stop playing or just play for free   Others might decide they like it and start paying each month and invest money when before they didn’t like it  

in no way does a company owe anyone to make the game exactly how certain customer wants it   

That said it’s in their best interest to make it so it’s as popular as possible  

Secondly, in naval warfare there are carriers.  Carriers have planes. To pretend including carriers and their planes means this is now world of warplanes is silly at best. You don’t fly one plane around attacking other planes in FPS style with the ability to move in three dimensions.  That’s world of warplanes.  

I would give feedback on specifically what you don’t like, suggestions on how to improve it and maybe a large percentage of customers would agree. 

Until then your only choice is to accept the fact that you paid for countless hours of fun, for your money’s worth paying to have that fun, but that maybe the fun in this game is over for you. 

They will be making big tweaks as the test server could not provide all the information they needed coming out the gate with most ships being bots and not upgraded AI. Perhaps play some for free to see how that goes and perhaps you’ll come to like it. 

Best wishes. 

[--O--]
Members
259 posts
10 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

We pay to play the product as it currently stands, or we even play it for free. It gets patched, if we still like it we pay to play it more (or just play for free).  Along the way people might choose to pay money for extra advantages (credits, ships) because they like the game. Fine.  (Agree in part)

If a patch changes a game so that we no longer like it, we can stop playing or just play for free   Others might decide they like it and start paying each month and invest money when before they didn’t like it  (Agree in part) but currently I have money i.e premium time paid so its nto free at this point.

in no way does a company owe anyone to make the game exactly how certain customer wants it   (Never said or would say they do)

That said it’s in their best interest to make it so it’s as popular as possible  (Agree)

Secondly, in naval warfare there are carriers.  Carriers have planes. To pretend including carriers and their planes means this is now world of warplanes is silly at best. You don’t fly one plane around attacking other planes in FPS style with the ability to move in three dimensions.  That’s world of warplanes.  (has been from day 1, and player base could harm a team or help it. that was acceptable though not preferred and much had to do with the rts system, which needed work)

I would give feedback on specifically what you don’t like, suggestions on how to improve it and maybe a large percentage of customers would agree. (As many did and it fell on deaf ears or this update "at least the cv part of it" would not have gone forward)

Until then your only choice is to accept the fact that you paid for countless hours of fun, for your money’s worth paying to have that fun, but that maybe the fun in this game is over for you. (Agree and the point of my post)

They will be making big tweaks as the test server could not provide all the information they needed coming out the gate with most ships being bots and not upgraded AI. Perhaps play some for free to see how that goes and perhaps you’ll come to like it. (if they would allow premium to be on hold "i.e. not wasting it for everyone during this or loose credits for high tier then i and i think many would be more patient but im loosing all the above just taking a high tier ship out right now and loosing days)

Best wishes. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,508 posts
6,161 battles
1 hour ago, Charlie_The_Cat said:

Sorry.  That may be your opinion but it bears no relation to reality or the law.

Sign in to follow this