TheURLGuy

Lunar New Year in World of Warships

31 comments in this topic

[QCN]
Members
72 posts
4,846 battles

Maybe ... if the game could work for everyone, wich is CLEARLY not since the last 24h

• Cool 1

[AFW-]
Members
105 posts
5,148 battles

I might go for the bundles if they included Premium containers but OH HELL NO to the crappy low yield regular LNY containers! They call it betting but I don't see WG telling use the odds of getting each of those items! I did the last 3 bundles and got screwed having only 1 ship drop. On top of that the Irain is just a Kutuzov with no smoke or Defensive AA! 

PS  I see they changed the bundles from the NLY to Premium LNY, There BAD I guess.

Included Premium Containers, OK I will try my luck? 

15x Premium LNY containers: Premium Time-24 days, Free XP-80k, Camo Lunar Warrior-3 Asian Lantern-9  Type 59-6, Doubloons-750 Ship Camo-Huanghe, Lo Yang, Anshan.

9x Premium LNY containers: Premium Time-, Free XP-40k, Camo Lunar Warrior-48, Mosaic-3 Doubloons-750, Ship Camo Irain, Ship Drop Irain +10pt Commander

3x Premium LNY containers:  Free XP-20k, Camo Lunar Warrior-24, Doubloons 11,500 (Ship Double) Yeh! Flag, 10pt Capt Quan Rong

FINALLY had one of these pay-off! Net 13,664 Doubloons!  THX WG       WHEW HOO

Edited by dabears494

[WGA]
Administrator
1,427 posts
709 battles
9 minutes ago, dabears494 said:

I might go for the bundles if they included Premium containers but OH HELL NO to the crappy low yield regular LNY containers! They call it betting but I don't see WG telling use the odds of getting each of those items! I did the last 3 bundles and got screwed having only 1 ship drop. On top of that the Irain is just a Kutuzov with no smoke or Defensive AA! Oh you did give us a suicide torp reload. 

All the containers in the Arsenal are the "Premium Lunar Containers". 

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
226 posts
5,024 battles

happy lunar new year!

and the festival in fact last until the first full moon from the first new moon

but I am happy to have one celebration

• Cool 1

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
289 posts
4,139 battles

I grabbed the premium containers.. the new permanent camo's look great. I didn't earn Irian before the third set but that's ok, I really wanted that ship. It'll be interesting trying to adapt to it.. I took it into co-op to try out the torps and reload booster and sure enough at one point I could see four sets of five deep water torps streaming out in front of my ship. She feels a bit sluggish even with the rudder upgrade but I do enjoy peculiar ships. It'll keep the games interesting.

The missions will provide a few more chances at the last of the perma camo's I didn't get (I don't think I got Loyang's as of yet).  And it looks like you can earn a few of the really nice bonus previous themed camo's as well. 

[STARZ]
Privateers
1,311 posts
20,006 battles

Will there be any permanent camouflage for research ships? :cap_yes:

55e438d0-2557-11e9-9615-d89d6715223c_120

according to the web they are only for premium :fish_glass:

[-K_P-]
Members
182 posts
2,459 battles

Does the Lunar Warrior Camo appear differently based on the navy or is only compatable with 4 ships? You show Montana, Izumo, Kurfurst and Conqueror with different camos in the last section.

image.thumb.png.d1d1cd1074a50931620b9e4e3b56e63f.png

Beta Testers
93 posts
8,323 battles

ok i blew 8888 doubloons on the first "boxed set"

summary - 2 perm camos for ships that most people dont have ( ie unusable ) (2box), 16 days premium time (2box), 60k free xps (3box), 36 lunar camos (3box), 18 type 59 camos (3box), 6 spring sky camos (2box).... my take about $50 in doubloons nets me about $35 in camos and time... so i am screwed out of $15 and have two camos for ships that i dont have.

And the wording "choice between xps premium time doubloons" is NOT a choice... you DO NOT PICK what you want... there is NO CHOICE so this is flatly a misrepresentation of what that option is...  I did NOT get a choice to pick for the 3 lots of 20k xps nor for the 2 lots of premium time..

SIGH... so if i get boxed set TWO then i will be out over 17,000 doubloons....   ( anyone else for feed back ????? )

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
93 posts
8,323 battles

Ok so i suffered from a massive head injury falling down the stairs and upon coming back to consciousness i hit BUY again

ok 2nd bundle - ok 9 more boxes and WOW a camo for a ship i dont have either...

2 lots 750 doubloons,  1 lot 20k xps,  36 lunar warrior camos, anshan camo not needed either, 1 lot asia lanter camo, 1 lot spring sky camo.

so this "deal is even crappier" spend another $50 in doubloons to get back 1500, two perm camos i CANNOT USE ( have ALL 4 camos now that i CANNOT USE ), and about $15 in camos

So now i am down about $100 and NOT ONE SHIP after 24 boxes.   anyone think the final 3 boxes of box set 3 will give any ships ????

so far this "set" is a total train wreck.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
93 posts
8,323 battles

ok my head injury came back an i forgot how much i felt screwed over from the above two other boxes so i did it again,,, 

ok so now out over 25,000 doubloons and i have ONE ship.... i won theee.... errr no i didnt win it i bought it the IRIAN it COMES with box set 3...

so what did i get fro this last investment ( ie spend over $150 in doubloons now )

1 lot of 3 lantern camos

1 lot 20k xps

1 lot 6 type 59 camos

so this is now 15 + 9 + 3 boxes = 27 boxes ( NOT ONE SHIP of the 4 offered NOT A FREAKIN ONE )

SO the chances to win a ship appear in my case to be 0% as no incidences out of 27 tries is quite bad.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
591 posts
16,671 battles

We got a Year of the Rooster flag 2 years ago, a Year of the Dog flag last year, why no Year of the Pig flag this year?

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

We got a Year of the Rooster flag 2 years ago, a Year of the Dog flag last year, why no Year of the Pig flag this year?

Because they did a Year of the Pig Patch.

[CRF]
Members
256 posts
5,785 battles
54 minutes ago, totensburntcorpse said:

ok my head injury came back an i forgot how much i felt screwed over from the above two other boxes so i did it again,,, 

ok so now out over 25,000 doubloons and i have ONE ship.... i won theee.... errr no i didnt win it i bought it the IRIAN it COMES with box set 3...

so what did i get fro this last investment ( ie spend over $150 in doubloons now )

1 lot of 3 lantern camos

1 lot 20k xps

1 lot 6 type 59 camos

so this is now 15 + 9 + 3 boxes = 27 boxes ( NOT ONE SHIP of the 4 offered NOT A FREAKIN ONE )

SO the chances to win a ship appear in my case to be 0% as no incidences out of 27 tries is quite bad.

You REALLY need to get a single story house, my friend!  It's a crap shoot for sure.  Little White Mouse posted her purchases, using doubloons gifted to her by her subs, so she spent nothing out of pocket of her own $$.  She ended up spending a total of roughly 7200 doubloons as she received the Perm camos in the first purchase, got doubloons back in the second purchase because she received the Irian perm camo in the first purchase, and also got the cruiser itself in a crate in the second purchase, so when she bought the third bundle, was immediately reimbursed doubloons for the cruiser.  Link is here: http://shipcomrade.com/?p=2491

If one already has the three other ships in port, the odds increase ever so slightly of cutting down the doubloon cost, but everyone's pull is going to be different.  Very much on the fence on whether I buy even one of these - i think i would rather keep my stash of doubloons for turning premium ship exp into free exp and work towards getting the ALASKA whenever it comes out...at least I KNOW what I am getting.

• Funny 1

Members
7 posts

Nice looking ships, but after the 24mill credit grind surprise the last mission put me through, pretty sure I and others are to sick of long grinds in short times. Earning these ships is not a viable option for an average player with job and family obligations, really not feeling the love in these events anymore just wishing they end. The main issue I had was the last directives seemed possible to complete and so invested time and effort and then boom 24mill credit grind requiring me to grind out two new nations for it, makes a man regret the time already invested when they kick you in the teeth like that.    :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
295 posts
8,277 battles
8 hours ago, Nicholas123454321 said:

WHERE IS THE USS ALASKA SCREW THE NEW YEAR WE WANT THE USS ALASKA 

Speak for yourself, not everyone wants an Alaska.

[RET]
Members
8 posts
7,240 battles

I purchased the lunar new year bundles in the proscribed order. I already had the 3 premium ships Loyang Anshan and Huanghe and received Irian with the 3rd bundle as expected. I did receive the 4 permanent lunar new year camouflages for these ships and they are in my inventory. However, they do not appear in the Exterior/Camouflages folder in game so I cannot select and use them. How can I correct this problem and use the new camouflages? 

Irian camouflages folder.PNG

[WGA]
Administrator
1,427 posts
709 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 8:48 AM, blakenet said:

Maybe ... if the game could work for everyone, wich is CLEARLY not since the last 24h

Hello Captain,

Please submit a ticket to support with what the problem is. 

Thanks!

[WGA]
Administrator
1,427 posts
709 battles
20 minutes ago, Meadowhawk509 said:

I purchased the lunar new year bundles in the proscribed order. I already had the 3 premium ships Loyang Anshan and Huanghe and received Irian with the 3rd bundle as expected. I did receive the 4 permanent lunar new year camouflages for these ships and they are in my inventory. However, they do not appear in the Exterior/Camouflages folder in game so I cannot select and use them. How can I correct this problem and use the new camouflages? 

Irian camouflages folder.PNG

Hello Captain,

You received all 4 permanent Lunar New Years Camos? If they are not showing up please submit a ticket and explain the issue. 

Please give support all the information they will need to help you.

[RDS-A]
Members
30 posts
26,702 battles

Bought the thirty-eight featured "Lunar New Year 2019 Premium containers"...not a single ship! WOW and not in a good way. :(

Alpha Tester
2,244 posts
38 minutes ago, Meadowhawk509 said:

Check the filter gear icon on the bottom right corner. Make sure you don't have "Decorative" under "Special ships" hidden.

• Cool 1