Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

The one thing about CVs that did not change...

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,124 posts
14,555 battles

What would that be you might ask?

It's the satisfaction a DD driver gets after breaking into the backfield to spread fear and panic among not just 1 or 2 but now up to 3CVs. Yesterday I had a game in my Kamikaze full of said satisfaction. It was the Ring map Domination mode and each team had 2 Hosho and 1 Langley. Two of the red CVs, a Hosho and the Langley, were sitting still behind an island and the 2nd Hosho was a little way off in open water. I knew where they were because our planes had spotted them earlier.

They knew were I was because a couple of them tried to drop bombs on me while I was in the process of sinking a CA and taking my second Cap. When I finished what I was doing I was still a good 15km from the 2 CVs "hiding" behind the island. The speed boost quickly took care of that distance and the new mechanic were CV drivers can either control planes or ships but not both meant that the CVs had barely started to move when I got close enough to set off their secondaries. Torps took care of the Langley while HE set the Hosho on fire. Accurate long range gun fire did take me out but not before a couple of glorious minutes were CV captains were crapping their pants and other red ships were ignoring green team mates to aim at me.

Two Caps and 2 kills put me on the top of the winning teams' leader board but I wonder what my base XP would have been if the game could measure and reward such things as spreading fear, panic and confusion onto the red team.

• Funny 1

Members
703 posts
12,951 battles

Those types of success will be few and far between for DD players moving forward. You will be perma spotted and plane/gunned down unless you cower in back with the BBs.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
2 hours ago, Prothall said:

Those types of success will be few and far between for DD players moving forward. You will be perma spotted and plane/gunned down unless you cower in back with the BBs.

Only if you do it wrong.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
2 hours ago, Prothall said:

how do you get perma spotted when the CV has 1 squad at a time? Unless you talking about multiple CVs, which wont be the case for long.

Members
703 posts
12,951 battles
9 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

how do you get perma spotted when the CV has 1 squad at a time? Unless you talking about multiple CVs, which wont be the case for long.

God I hope you are right.

3 CVs is just too much.

Limit them to 1 per side and a DD still has a chance to be sneaky.

Sign in to follow this