You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

Doomsday has come and gone and the game is still here

9 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,798 posts
12,232 battles

Okay so yesterday came and went.  The game is still here and I am still hearing the same complaints.  

1.  DDs complaining about perma spotting and rockets.  Good CV drivers are probably going to concentrate on you as you are the biggest threat to them, and the CVs job of spotting and attacking you has not changed.  Good CV drivers are going to try to work together.

2.  Guys complaining about the CV not supporting them, welp, it is a bit tougher now with only one squadron in the air and at T4, I thought it was silly people asking for fighter support when the CVs don't have it to run over there and just drop.

3.  If it is a multiple CV game, group AA is better...  Like when the CV had a hanger limit we have a limit to the number of fighters we can deploy.  

4.  CVs are probably going to have to move up some so lend AA to their teams at time.  So it is going to be able getting in a good spot on the map.  Something new to do, but more difficult as driving the CV has been taken out of the hands of the player, cause WeeGee feels we can't handle more than 1 thing at a time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,886 posts
5,856 battles

You can drive your CV use the auto nav you can position with out having to focus on it. The game seems more realistic with air groups harassing ships while in battle. Great upgrade feels like we pulled back from all this fantasy stuff and got back to war fighting.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,397 posts
5,989 battles
17 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Okay so yesterday came and went.  The game is still here and I am still hearing the same complaints.  

1.  DDs complaining about perma spotting and rockets.  Good CV drivers are probably going to concentrate on you as you are the biggest threat to them, and the CVs job of spotting and attacking you has not changed.  Good CV drivers are going to try to work together.

2.  Guys complaining about the CV not supporting them, welp, it is a bit tougher now with only one squadron in the air and at T4, I thought it was silly people asking for fighter support when the CVs don't have it to run over there and just drop.

3.  If it is a multiple CV game, group AA is better...  Like when the CV had a hanger limit we have a limit to the number of fighters we can deploy.  

4.  CVs are probably going to have to move up some so lend AA to their teams at time.  So it is going to be able getting in a good spot on the map.  Something new to do, but more difficult as driving the CV has been taken out of the hands of the player, cause WeeGee feels we can't handle more than 1 thing at a time.

I didn't understand the reasoning behind having to recall planes to manually maneuver the ship.  Something about using your weapon system and moving at the same time.  I guess that makes sense if all the other ships weren't allowed to move while firing their guns.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,666 posts
15,133 battles
18 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I didn't understand the reasoning behind having to recall planes to manually maneuver the ship.  Something about using your weapon system and moving at the same time.  I guess that makes sense if all the other ships weren't allowed to move while firing their guns.

You can maneuver your ship while squadrons are in the air using Map mode. Click M then set a course for autopilot.

I am not sure I like having the consumables use taken out of my hands. If you get set on fire by rocket attack and you see a wave of torp bombers coming you might want to wait before hitting the damage control to put out not only the current fires but the possible flooding. From what I have seen in PT (not a lot of play), the computer hits DC on your first fire. Not good.

[DPG]
Members
1,397 posts
5,989 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

You can maneuver your ship while squadrons are in the air using Map mode. Click M then set a course for autopilot.

I am not sure I like having the consumables use taken out of my hands. If you get set on fire by rocket attack and you see a wave of torp bombers coming you might want to wait before hitting the damage control to put out not only the current fires but the possible flooding. From what I have seen in PT (not a lot of play), the computer hits DC on your first fire. Not good.

I know you can use auto-pilot and you could use auto pilot before, but you could also manually control your CV while squadrons were in the air.  I believe they drastically reduced fire and flooding times for CVs so you shouldn't be left too long without DCP.

[REVY]
Members
1,260 posts
8,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Everyone forgets the autopilot..... That's like the first thing I do is set up a course and speed. As planes return, I check the mini map and adjust course accordingly.

I agree. I hadn't realized it, but the ship was auto-repairing without my input. On the plus side (i suppose), planes continue to land and take-off while on fire.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,666 posts
15,133 battles
7 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Everyone forgets the autopilot..... That's like the first thing I do is set up a course and speed. As planes return, I check the mini map and adjust course accordingly.

I agree. I hadn't realized it, but the ship was auto-repairing without my input. On the plus side (i suppose), planes continue to land and take-off while on fire.

I never noticed that aircraft can take off when CV is on fire. I just checked and the captain skill that allowed it pre-8.0 is no longer available. That is a nice "buff". Still, I think the jury is still out on the computer managing CV DC.

[P2W]
Members
235 posts
9,067 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I never noticed that aircraft can take off when CV is on fire. I just checked and the captain skill that allowed it pre-8.0 is no longer available. That is a nice "buff". Still, I think the jury is still out on the computer managing CV DC.

If planes can use the burning deck of a CV I feel that they should at least start off trailing flames. As I have yet to be able to load the game I have no first-person experience with any of this, but it does sound like the game is pretty seriously different than it was prior to the patch. 

[TBW]
Members
7,527 posts
13,808 battles
Just now, KaptainNemo_1 said:

If planes can use the burning deck of a CV I feel that they should at least start off trailing flames. As I have yet to be able to load the game I have no first-person experience with any of this, but it does sound like the game is pretty seriously different than it was prior to the patch. 

I think the big difference is that there are a lot of people using CV's. From what I have been seeing, not a lot of people like them (playing them that is) and when the fervor wears down it will be more normal once again.  The introduction of new ships or missions generally upset the meta for a time. I personally don't think the CV's are as fun as the three other ship types, still. There will be changes, it is a work in progress after all.

• Cool 1