You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

Everyone is annoyed and it needs to be resolved

90 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles

CV players hate how quickly their planes die. My Saipan feels useless now cause even dodging and weaving T10 planes are getting swatted out of the sky regularly by T8 AA....I'll be advising everyone against buying premium CVs going forward at this rate.

But regular ship players are annoyed cause how CVs can regularly be spotting them and how it is making the game passive and static.

How about we add some kind of cool down on being able to launch planes so there isn't always a squad overhead and also increase their durability so they don't die the instant they get in range

Edited by LubzinNJ
  • Cool 3

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
6 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

CV players hate how quickly their planes die. My Saipan feels useless now cause even dodging and weaving T10 planes are getting swatted out of the sky regularly by T8 AA....I'll be advising everyone against buying premium CVs going forward at this rate.

But regular ship players are annoyed cause how CVs can regularly be spotting them and how it is making the game passive and static.

How about we add some kind of cool down on being able to launch planes so there isn't always a squad overhead and also increase their durability so they don't die the instant they get in range

There's a bit of imbalance with how the flak clouds work at higher tiers.  From T8+, ships can put 6-12 flak bursts in the air at long range before any upgrades.  This is creating walls of flak that planes just can't get through without suffering heavy losses.  I expect we'll see some tweaks to the flak damage output in the coming weeks.

CV spotting is honestly far more limited now than it was pre-rework.  CVs don't have multiple squadrons in the air at once, so they can't spot multiple points on the map while simultaneously taking off large chunks of health from surface ships.

There is a cooldown on the planes.  CVs have a limited number that can be on the flight deck at one time.  Whenever they lose a plane, there's a cooldown before a new one is readied.  If CV players are careful and don't take heavy losses, it's possible for them to keep enough reserves ready to get a new squadron in the air.  Play carelessly and lose most of your planes, and you're stuck waiting multiple minutes just to get a full squadron back.  This is pretty big compared to the old CVs where a single squadron only took as long as what now takes just one or two individual planes.

• Cool 1

[FLAGG]
Members
89 posts
6,937 battles

How about just one CV per side to start? I think that may help with spotting.  I dunno, I don't play CV,  just get to experience them all the time now.  

It seems like the AA is all or nothing.

• Cool 4

[YORHA]
Members
4,137 posts
7,140 battles

6 minutes ago, dzilla77 said:

Don't speak for me please.  I am not annoyed.

Second that.

Plus this is exactly what WG said they wanted/needed.  They need as many people as possible playing both CVs and artillery ships so they  can gather usable data to start balancing things.

People need to calm the **** down and let things proceed.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 6

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
5 minutes ago, Deno said:

There's a bit of imbalance with how the flak clouds work at higher tiers.  From T8+, ships can put 6-12 flak bursts in the air at long range before any upgrades.  This is creating walls of flak that planes just can't get through without suffering heavy losses.  I expect we'll see some tweaks to the flak damage output in the coming weeks.

CV spotting is honestly far more limited now than it was pre-rework.  CVs don't have multiple squadrons in the air at once, so they can't spot multiple points on the map while simultaneously taking off large chunks of health from surface ships.

There is a cooldown on the planes.  CVs have a limited number that can be on the flight deck at one time.  Whenever they lose a plane, there's a cooldown before a new one is readied.  If CV players are careful and don't take heavy losses, it's possible for them to keep enough reserves ready to get a new squadron in the air.  Play carelessly and lose most of your planes, and you're stuck waiting multiple minutes just to get a full squadron back.  This is pretty big compared to the old CVs where a single squadron only took as long as what now takes just one or two individual planes.

Even at T6 it seems stupid strong at times. But definitely at T8 going against even a single ship you lock into an attack run and you can't really move that much, especially for American planes, and you're getting 1 attack run at best, sometimes none.

3 minutes ago, AshySlashyAshySlashy said:

How about just one CV per side to start? I think that may help with spotting.  I dunno, I don't play CV,  just get to experience them all the time now.  

It seems like the AA is all or nothing.

1 CV per side is the end goal I think but because there is always a spam of ppl playing a new ship line when it comes out there are so many ppl trying to play CV if they didn't increase CV per side ppl tryng to play CV would have been locked in perpetual MM

3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Second that.

Plus this is exactly what WG said they wanted/needed.  They need as many people as possible playing both CVs and artillery ships so they  can gather usable data to start balancing things.

People need to calm the **** down and let things proceed.

And that is what I'm doing here, giving them feedback.

9 minutes ago, dzilla77 said:

Don't speak for me please.  I am not annoyed.

Sorry, the "everyone" was a bit strong. I forgot how the slightest mistake in explaining a point of view on this forum can lead to this kind of feedback.

• Boring 2

Members
668 posts
8,850 battles

It's quite obvious you have yet to play a cruiser, or especially a DD since this rework. Otherwise you would never say that about CV spotting. Oh and by the way, this rework that you are so "exclusive" at just went live today, so you can get off your exclusive high horse.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
1 minute ago, Braize said:

It's quite obvious you have yet to play a cruiser, or especially a DD since this rework. Otherwise you would never say that about CV spotting. Oh and by the way, this rework that you are so "exclusive" at just went live today, so you can get off your exclusive high horse.

Get off your high horse about the exclusivity, he was giving direct feedback to my comments about playing CVs and his exclusive comment that has you so outraged was about how his point of view is coming from playing CVs alone.

[90THB]
Members
1,232 posts
9,858 battles

Braise may have an abrasive style here but imo he is correct.

[NSEW]
Members
1,086 posts
11 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

With respect. WG may have intentionally wanted or needed it so. However, using the marketing phrase of "so we can gather usable data...". I have switched off. Anyone in the sector/trade would know that it's Public Relations 101, week 2. Especially, when it was used in the very same manner in the past.

I'd like to give Wargaming the benefit of the doubt. After all, I do like the game so far. It fits my needs as of yet.

As for Wargaming not allowing us to change regions (for the hundreds/thousands of us that have various accounts) 3 years on is rather silly.

[O_O]
Members
5,084 posts
11,435 battles

I actually think this was a good change.

1. CV's can no longer vision control the game with multiple squadrons
  2. CV's can no longer cross-drop on a target and delete them, with no counter by the target
  3. CV's can no longer dominate a game like no other ship type (with a good CV captain, of course)
  4. The new flying/attacking UI is actually pretty fun to play.  A lot more immersive than the old top-down RTS format.
  5. The new visuals for flak puffs and smoking planes is cool.

That being said, I still think it needs work.  It can be very tough to keep planes alive long enough to even approach a target.  I have only played Tiers 4 and 6, but I have had real difficulty doing any real damage.  Even in Co-op, I can't attack a cruiser hunting me down enough to kill him before he burns me down slowly.

I have played T8 games (albeit not with a CV), but how are CV's at T8?  Are they suffering the same damage issues, or are they over performing compared to their T4 and 6 kin?

I think this re-work is on the right track...it just needs a bit of tweaking.  As said above, let's bring our concerns/issues up, but let's not lose our minds over it.  It will get better.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
4 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

As for Wargaming not allowing us to change regions (for the hundreds/thousands of us that have various accounts) 3 years on is rather silly.

They would have to completely overhaul the game economy across the different server regions to do that, as well as their stores.  On top of that certain regions have had massive discount sales on things such as premium time or doubloons, so anyone who purchased those in that specific region would have benefited more than someone in another region who was not given access to those sales.

[INTEL]
Members
10,003 posts
28,121 battles
16 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

1 CV per side is the end goal I think but because there is always a spam of ppl playing a new ship line when it comes out there are so many ppl trying to play CV if they didn't increase CV per side ppl tryng to play CV would have been locked in perpetual MM

No, the devs have said their goal is three per side. You think they suck now for fodderbotes? Just wait. 

• Cool 1

[RE]
[RE]
Members
81 posts
2,714 battles

I think this patch is definitely headed in the right direction for CV play. Yes there need to be tweaks, but overall I like it.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

If you are losing Saipans incredibly tough planes to t8 AA... then you are playing wrong.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,627 posts
8,390 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

I'm not annoyed at all  . Didn't see static play although I didn't start playing till 10:00 last night . Maybe by then people realized the CVs weren't going to wreak them . I played 6 games and had 2 Cvs in each match I loved it . The new Graphics were great the the new AA simple to switch sides easy to use . If anything I think the CVs might need help but you know theses CV players are just going to get better in the next few weeks so you have to wait and see. I had fun last night really enjoyed all the AA pouring out of the ships the flack and planes in the sky made it feel like a serious battle was going on . 

[YORHA]
Members
4,137 posts
7,140 battles
1 hour ago, Braize said:

Lol, yeah, fanbois say this same thing in beta phases. "oh just calm down, they will fix it, it will be fine, its only beta etc etc etc." Well, just like fanbois have been for years, prepare for disappointment.

I'm also curious as to why you want people to "calm the **** down." When something is clearly broken, unfun, or unbalanced, you would rather people just kept quiet about it? You really didn't think this through, did ya?

Because it is only the first day of what will be a very long process.  The few "voices" showing up here, on either side, represent a tiny fraction of a percentage of the overall player base.

But continue to call people who you don;t agree with names.  It increases your credibility immensely.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,373 posts
3,365 battles

I won't say I am annoyed,      Play was a mess last night for sure...  I enjoyed trying the CVs live,  But found trying to play surface ships very distracting at first..  As the night rolled on I realized two things...  1st was, if I just started playing the ship like I always did, and stopped over stressing about planes. I quickly found that it was still the same game with some different mechanics..  I was going to get hit by some CVs, but they really didn't hurt very much or at times even have enough effect to worry about.  I think in the 8 or so surface ship battles I played I got sunk  by a CV once.    Lastly..  and this was especially true in higher tier games I had to get used to being visible more.  That was the biggest difference I saw.  This was due to there being 2 CVs in a game which above tier 8 I had become accustomed to rarely even seeing one.    This is something I think a lot of players are waking up to quickly.   Previous to rework, T4-T6, 2 CV per side were not even rare... happened quite often really.   Above T7...  CVs were almost an anomaly and concealment dominated the meta due to it.   High tier play for sure is where the biggest change in Meta is going to occur due to planes actually being in the air.... Couple that with almost no counter play between the CVs.. yea, they are spending all their time chasing Surface ships around spotting everything around them.   Game will change there for sure....  Needs some balancing for sure..    if WG's goal was to get more players to try CVs I think this will do that.   Question I suppose, is will players like it as much when the Meta gets lined out?            

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

CVs are never going to be balanced. Players are never going to be happy with CVs spotting and striking them wihtout any chance to fight back. CV players are never going to be happy in not being able to dmaage other ships.

If you make AA too strong, CV players are going to complain. If you make AA too weak, other players are going to complain. 

The core issue with CVs vs DDs/cruisers/BBs is exactly how they work. They can strike/spot ships out of long range, and there is nothing other ships can do about that. This is never going to be balanced. 

• Cool 5

[SPM]
Members
22 posts
2 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

Im not annoyed. Speak for yourself!

[WOLF5]
Members
758 posts
8,678 battles

. . i broke the dam......  i mean i`m  not annoyed either . First time ever i actually wanna try the cvs myself.... If only there were no 60 Cvs waiting in queue at tier 4.....