You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kaigun_Chusa

50% WR in Co-op? Seriously?

82 comments in this topic

[MM_]
Members
38 posts

Two totally useless CV on green team, two extra bot BB on red team. Nice balance.

WG wants to have people more accepting/less hateful of CV? This is not the way to do it.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[CLG-5]
Members
97 posts

I thought I was the only one who noticed. 1 CV, fine. 2? That's just stupid.

I am playing T1/T2 only for the next week, because even T3 are getting sucked into CV auto-fail matches.

• Cool 5

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles

The 2 CVs are there to learn the game and since its a new mechanism they will take some time. Even if they were decently good enough they still can't carry yoloing Co-op players because of the lack of alpha damage. If you think you are good, try playing a CV once and experience it for yourself. Meta has changed in CO-OP too, learn to live with it as it's going to stay that way for quite sometime. 

• Cool 6
  • Angry 1

[2347]
Members
307 posts
6,631 battles

I've been a (nearly) useless CV in Co-Op all day long, because I'm just trying to learn. It sucks, I know, but there aren't a lot of other options available to complete CV incompetents like me.  I actually lost a Co-Op game today for the first time in 6 months, I bet. It was weirdly depressing, and only afterwards did I realize that as the last player alive, I could have just left the battle and taken a draw. Unless WG nerfed that as well.

• Cool 6

[USCG]
Members
370 posts
14,613 battles
9 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

The 2 CVs are there to learn the game and since its a new mechanism they will take some time. Even if they were decently good enough they still can't carry yoloing Co-op players because of the lack of alpha damage. If you think you are good, try playing a CV once and experience it for yourself. Meta has changed in CO-OP too, learn to live with it as it's going to stay that way for quite sometime. 

Here...here!  I too was one of those horrible new CV drivers trying to figure out the new format.  I warned my team at the start of the match that I would be horrible but still managed to receive a, "Yeah, you suck!" from a co-op teammate.  Gotta love WOW chat...

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
1 minute ago, cgbosn4 said:

Here...here!  I too was one of those horrible new CV drivers trying to figure out the new format.  I warned my team at the start of the match that I would be horrible but still managed to receive a, "Yeah, you suck!" from a co-op teammate.  Gotta love WOW chat...

One of these Unicum co-op players asked me to stop playing CV. He said that one should know multi tasking to play CVs and I am a noob flying just one squadron  ;p

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
715 posts

It took me about 10 matchs to get my footing with the CV rework of those I lost a whole 2 games.  Several matchs i was in people complained about being down 2 ships because "our cv will be useless"  I just told them we will see how useless I am.   First squadron i launched got 10 torp hits in 3 drops, ended the game well over 140k dmg with my Kaga.   The new rework is feast or famine, you either get lucky dodging flak and get off decent drops or you lose entire squadrons in 1 hit.  I had one game after I started averaging about 95k dmg a match where i got 22k dmg.

Every squadron I launched that game got vaporized in 1 hit and it wasnt even a T10 game.   The enemy AA either seems decent or it just obliterates your planes in an instant.   I think i lost 10 flights of planes that game almost as fast as I could launch them, and that was targeting solo enemy, switching enemy targets, everything I could do to stop getting vaped.   After that one game I went on to have multiple good 100K+ dmg games with 25-35 torp hits each.

I now have I think about 30-40 games played with CV in 8.0.   AA is broken, the way it works just DOESNT work it does look pretty though.  A flak burst should punish a CV but completely killing the entire squadron in 1 hit?.... thats a bit much.  I lost planes slower flying into a DM with DF running pre 8.0 then what some of this AA is doing when it instagibs a squadron.  I rather they slow down plane refresh, up the dmg on torp/divebomb/pen on rockets, up some plane durability, put AA defense back the way it was where your ship actually defended itself not just 'got lucky' with a flak hit.

Edited by JToney3449

[2347]
Members
307 posts
6,631 battles

My games were typically friendly for the most part and “Thank God I’m not the only human!” was a frequent sentiment in chat.

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles

Good, I'm glad they were ruining your game instead of a proper random game.
Bravo to the "useless CV" learning the ropes vs bots after a major rework. The nerve.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,902 posts
9,673 battles

Aside from my own CV loss in co-op in my Saipan (wanted that 200 steel) the extra bot BB that fills the slot of the red team is great, more to farm.

I actually enjoy the CV's on my team, gotta learn somewhere, and I'm loving that the red team has no CV so my dd can roam freely and farm the bb's :Smile_trollface:

It can be a little uneasy when it's just 3 humans and one is in a CV right now, but you just play a little more cautiously and you still wreck the bots.

[USCC2]
Members
4,772 posts

It will be the training room....then Co-op for me.

I just ask those in CoOp to understand it is something new for many. I don't want to ruin the games of those that play Co-op, they are valid members of the WoWs community and their games should be as enjoyable as anyone else's - whatever mode! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,902 posts
9,673 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It will be the training room....then Co-op for me.

I just ask those in CoOp to understand it is something new for many. I don't want to ruin the games of those that play Co-op, they are valid members of the WoWs community and their games should be as enjoyable as anyone else's - whatever mode! :Smile_honoring:

Absolutely play in co-op! you're not going to ruin anyone's game, I welcome all the new CV players there, have at it man!

And if you ever need a div mate, I'm down. 

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,040 posts
6,136 battles

For the random people in here telling co-op players to suck it up.

Imagine if you played a random game right now where your opponents got a BB on their side instead of a CV.   You'd be livid about imbalance.

My issue is its obvious that 2 bot BB's  as against 2 Bot CV's is imbalancing games that are designed to be quicker mostly wins that yield less in resources.  

If the average win rate is going to stay like this and be 60%,  and thus only 20% more then random, then the yield in resources for a win should increase.

(Thankfully, it won't stay that way because there is no way that many people are going to stick it out with CV's.)

The happy medium here would be to either keep it to 1 CV per co op game

or

make it so the second real player CV  is faced with a cruiser.

• Cool 2

[TCNNA]
Members
848 posts
15,251 battles

In co-op having 2 BB more as enemy, playing ad as DD,.....is good. Just ambush them behind islands. They will come for you:cap_like:

Edited by Mikebello

[WOLFC]
Members
1,040 posts
6,136 battles
11 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

In co-op having 2 BB more as enemy, playing ad as DD,.....is good. Just ambush them behind islands. They will come for you:cap_like:

Asashio in co op FTW -  the bot BB's dance but the DD's are  yolo stupid.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles

It will take a couple of days for us co-op players to get familiar with the new changes and get back in the rhythm of things to start spanking the bots again. The CV rework and concealment nerf has had the unintended consequence of making PvE a bit more a challenge. This is not necessarily a bad thing but just takes some getting used to. The problem is that AA got a boost, carrier damage has gotten nerfed, and the computer AI controls the bot's AA far more effectively than a human. Add to that many players are learning/relearning carrier play and there will be problems. Carriers can not be reliably counted on to counter BBs now. Since there is no bot carrier in a match, they are given an extra BB for every human carrier and this is where it gets sticky. The other players have to step it up and carry the extra load while facing more bot guns. We need to play less aggressively and like Mikebello said, lay in wait when possible.

As a co-op player I welcome everyone to my favorite mode of play. Come play your ships with us and help blast the bots. If you have a particularly poor AA ship you want to play, PvE is the place to be since there are no bot carriers. Things are a bit more hectic and at times frantic, than normal so the players are a bit more terse,  but still a friendly bunch.  

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 6

Members
152 posts
7,530 battles

So, you were there, too, OP? I might be one of the useless CVs in that game. I was in a Shokaku in Gorgon camo or in a Lexington.
I could say that I'm shocked by how bad CV now suck, but I already had a glimpse of today in the PTS. However, it hurts to see your once proud t8 CVs, that would spread terror in a BB when they saw the double torp squads open for a cross-torping or when the AP bombers approached (I will miss RTS CVs :sigh:).

Now, in co-op, even if I could score hits in every strike, my damage wasn't much of a difference and my team lost the match to bots... not once, or twice (and, yes, I'm ashamed of telling that). I'm glad I could somehow collect the snowflakes and can now set my CVs aside for some time and decide what will be their fate.

[TCNNA]
Members
848 posts
15,251 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

As a co-op player I welcome everyone to my favorite mode of play. Come play your ships with us and help blast the bots. If you have a particularly poor AA ship you want to play, PvE is the place to be since there are no bot carriers. Things are a bit more hectic and at times frantic, than normal so the players are a bit more terse than normal but still a friendly bunch.  

this^^^^^

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles

Every time I played a CV yesterday in co-op, it was basically me and another CV player and ALL bots on our team.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1

[TCNNA]
Members
848 posts
15,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Brooklin82 said:

So, you were there, too, OP? I might be one of the useless CVs in that game. 

There's not useless people in co-op. (Other then volunteer afk)  cv player must just learn new way. 

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
26 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Yeah thats exactly I was thinking. All the games I played it was clear the CVs were still struggling to get a handle on how to make things work. Me.......oh look all the extra damage to farm for my little CA lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,050 posts

I have a 100% win rate last night -- had to get rid of a few snowflakes on my 4 steel and 4 coal rewards. ... I practiced for TWO HOURS in a training room to learn the mechanics... ... I see here in the forums the hyena trolls at work.. "yeah.. go right into a game !! Hahahahaha.." DON'T DO IT. Use the Training room. Practice attacking stationary, unarmed bots.. Learn the controls and reflexes. It's more fun when you know what buttons to press.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 2

[USCG]
Members
370 posts
14,613 battles

I normally do a co-op match for my first battle of the day to get my 250 xp. Took my Chappy out and with only one CV on our side (bots got a N. Carolina) it was a rather challenging match compared to the normal “mow them down” co-op battle. Picked up over 100k damage in my Chappy and something like 600 xp. I’ll take it...

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
1,902 posts
9,673 battles
1 minute ago, cgbosn4 said:

I normally do a co-op match for my first battle of the day to get my 250 xp. Took my Chappy out and with only one CV on our side (bots got a N. Carolina) it was a rather challenging match compared to the normal “mow them down” co-op battle. Picked up over 100k damage in my Chappy and something like 600 xp. I’ll take it...

Yep, it's a little more challenging now, but for some players, like myself, that's a good thing, the others who are complaining it's too hard now just need to put on the man pants and help out rather than be carried. 

Let loose the down votes! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,298 battles

I've witnessed the same yahoos raging against CV players in co-op. Fortunately I have enough self-control to not TK the nimrods who are toxic towards people adjusting to this major change. My patience, however, is wearing thin. CV players need support and encouragement, not boneheaded comments.

• Cool 3