You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bridder01

Zipangu....huh?

5 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Members
165 posts
14,592 battles

Hello, my name is Brian and I have just a quick question.  I come to the community because the wiki isn't being very helpful and I can't find the answer on the WoWs website.  The port of Zipangu……..where is it exactly?  I know it's Japan, but where IN Japan? lol  Is it Yokosuka?  Yokohama?  Kure?  Osaka?  Kyoto?  I really have no idea and I am very curious.  Can anyone help me solve the riddle of...….Zipangu? lol  Thanks for any help anyone can provide. :)

Happy hunting,

Brian (bridder01)

Members
1 post
2,914 battles

not completely sure but I believe it's nagasaki

Edited by nihl

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,323 posts

I believe it's based loosely on the port town of Fuji, due south of Mt. Fuji:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1424232,138.6903692,2749m/data=!3m1!1e3

The positions of the mountains and the overall shape of the port reflect this pretty closely

It's clearly a fictional port and designed to be entirely aesthetic, but Fuji, Shizuoka does match the most. We'd have to ask the art team in St. Petersberg for more solid info

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,155 posts
8,061 battles

It seems to be a fusion of Sasebo(the general shape of the port and the woody hills) and Yokosuka(the drydocks), with Mt. Fuji and Himeji Castle added to the background.

[90THD]
Members
165 posts
14,592 battles

Thanks for the feedback guys!!  I really appreciate it!  Whether it's real of fictionalized, it still looks cool :)  

Happy hunting, 

Brian (bridder01)