You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
luckyhoho

To bring back one type of ship they killed two modes of play

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
702 posts
6,129 battles
1 hour ago, luckyhoho said:

RIP random battles and CO-OP

I'm liking Co-Op more now than I did before , it's more challenging , you can actually lose now if you don't dial back the aggression a little bit . I like having more meat on the table with the extra BB's and I like not having to chase a bot CV to the edge of the map at end game . I'm staying the hell outta randoms till things settle down some .

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles

Funny,  my random battles went fine. Huh.  And my co-op battles went fine as well.  Okay one was extremely close but otherwise...

[PNG]
Members
4,565 posts
11,980 battles

I think random battles are fine. Been trying all my ships and have had a very good night playing. Even my dds have been fun having aircraft chase me trying to sink me. Just have to use the rudder more and turn into the attacks. I took out a cv with my Tash and my shima I did a 100K plus battle with it despite two cvs per battle. Its not as bad as you think.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,369 battles
10 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

I'm liking Co-Op more now than I did before , it's more challenging , you can actually lose now if you don't dial back the aggression a little bit . I like having more meat on the table with the extra BB's and I like not having to chase a bot CV to the edge of the map at end game . I'm staying the hell outta randoms till things settle down some .

An unintended side effect of the cv rework has made co-op more of a challenge, and I am not sure that is a bad thing. With the human captained carriers nerfed, AA boosted, and the computer AI controlling the new AA feature, human cvs are struggling. Since there is no bot carrier in play and it is replaced with a BB, there are more bot guns aimed at the human ships. Normally a carrier can take out BBs quite easily, especially in PvE but now it is no sure thing. The other human players are struggling to carry the load that has been placed on them. You are correct, you can not be as aggressive as you used to. Should be lots of fun, can not wait to get stuck into it.

[WOLF6]
Members
702 posts
6,129 battles
10 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

An unintended side effect of the cv rework has made co-op more of a challenge, and I am not sure that is a bad thing. With the human captained carriers nerfed, AA boosted, and the computer AI controlling the new AA feature, human cvs are struggling. Since there is no bot carrier in play and it is replaced with a BB, there are more bot guns aimed at the human ships. Normally a carrier can take out BBs quite easily, especially in PvE but now it is no sure thing. The other human players are struggling to carry the load that has been placed on them. You are correct, you can not be as aggressive as you used to. Should be lots of fun, can not wait to get stuck into it.

CV players are gonna have to be more of a team player now to survive in Co-op , I worked quite well with an Enterprise player in my Iowa last night . He helped me on the flanks when facing two or more BB's and I covered his butt when the bots went for him . Played 3 games together and had a blast . The other CV players that tried to farm as usual got fed to the bots , seems the AI has changed a bit , I saw the bots really going after the CV's last night . The regular players need to exercise more caution at the beginning of a game now in PVE instead of hit w 4 times and kill'm all . I like it .

Edited by retic1959

[YORHA]
Members
4,138 posts
7,147 battles

Took out Texas (for the first time in a long time) and Helena last night and had a blast (literally).  Players were stupidly timid which made map control easy.

I made a point of sailing my Texas away from other ships to attract the CVs attention.  Nom, nom, nom.

And every time Helena spotted a BB...

fire-breathing-dragon-gif-8.gif

Looking forward to tonight.

Edited by JCC45

Members
467 posts

Yesterday in Co-op tier V the tier IV CVs had biplanes. With two extra BBs on the bot side made it "interesting ". But it seemed later that the bot BBs were not being as agressive as usual. Maybe they have changed the AI to help the noob CV players, some of which are new. They were definitely struggling. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,916 battles
13 hours ago, luckyhoho said:

RIP random battles and CO-OP

youre still here? ok cool i guess

Edited by tcbaker777