Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KaiserinaLiz1

My 2 Cents : Patch 8.0

3 comments in this topic

[HAP-F]
Members
40 posts
3,799 battles

Well after playing most of today, I can say that I really do not like the new patch. Here are my pros and cons on this new so called rework.

PROS

1. I like the ease of controlling the carrier like a regular ship instead of having to look down on her going to the point I want her to go.

2. I also like to see the planes that I control fly over the battlefield, It looks cool in some way.

CONS

Well I do not know where to begin. I liked the multi tasking of before due to being able to mass attack multiple targets as well as to control fighters to maintain air supremacy. Further more the AA from targets were not on steroids like they are now. All my planes get shot down more easier than before and they seem to be made out of paper. Also getting ordinance hits were better before, I only managed to get 1 torpedo hit in 2 of the 5 matches I used my carrier in. As for the AA buff in the other ships, I did  see a marked decrease on my performances in Battleships. I did not try any Cruisers or Destroyers but If my game performance in BB's were bad then they might be worse, and reading some of the rants on the forum. I would not be the first. I also do not like how the Co-op Matchmaker is set up. Having 2 carriers in the 8 on the human side and BB's/CA's and DD's only on the bot side seems like setting up the human team for failure even before the match begins. Also in those 2 co-op matches that I did today. It seemed it was either the carriers had to carry the match of the few other human players to carry it. In both matches the human side had at least 3 bots on the team. In random it seems the strategies and tactics of the past is now obsolete due to the nerfs of the various AA on ships and as well as the whole carrier lines. Most of my matches had the team huddling together just to have that AA umbrella. That tactic helped in one way but dis-advantaged the team in more ways than I can list here.

SOLUTION

Well I would love to go back to how everything was before this nightmare came to our shores. However I would like them to try to combine the 2 pros that I listed into the old way of playing carriers. However I do not think the developers will even restore the old way and make us have to live with this. This change reminds me of the change that Star Trek Online did in October of 2016 with their new lighting scheme that took out the thing that made me want to play that game more. When they killed the Risa Sunset and sunrises I cut back on playing that game to only when new stuff comes out and hardly ever like before. I feel that I might be doing the same with this game, But I do plan on trying to learn the new game style.

Also the strategy in randoms will possibly require that a BB/CA/DD hang back and guard the Carriers to make sure that they do not get killed and also to give them some firepower to fend off anyone who feels bold enough to rush after the carriers. Anyway that is my two cents on the new patch.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,384 posts
19,666 battles

I'm either too dumb to recognize subtle differences in ships; or those are differences which make no difference...

All my skills are the same, (what point is there to taking anything but the CV skills.)

All the modules are the same, (within the tier imposed limits on how many modules you can have...)

How I play is no different than how I did in the CV betas, and the PTs, the only real difference is dodging flak.

Despite 'getting better' at the new mechanics, nothing so far has happened to convince me that carrier battles are anything but repetitive and outright dull.

'Pretty graphics' are a very poor selling point to me; I'll go watch my History Channel 'Dogfights" DVDs if I want pretty graphics.

Dodging flack is a pointlessly annoying pita. Not so much that I don't want to have to do so, than it's just monotonously tedious, to often little apparent benefit.

In one battle; ONE,  so far, I wound up with 62 secondary hits on a Bismark from a Shokaku, and burned it to death with a fire. That alone, was the only thing interesting or even remotely exciting that has happened so far.

Here to stay or not; 'it'll get balanced/fixed over a few patches!' or not; I still don't like it.

(edit)

Oh, and I forgot; the inability to score any meaningful damage without being some kind of savant instant Experten, doesn't help any.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Members
19 posts
1 hour ago, KaiserinaLiz1 said:

Also the strategy in randoms will possibly require that a BB/CA/DD hang back and guard the Carriers to make sure that they do not get killed and also to give them some firepower to fend off anyone who feels bold enough to rush after the carriers. Anyway that is my two cents on the new patch.

Pretty sure nobody wants play a game built around  "Save the CV" except the CV.

Sign in to follow this