Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

its true , carriers are dumbed down

5 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
296 posts
7,220 battles

just played my first carrier game in the hosho under the new patch and as a carrier driver I was disgusted.

how do you get damage when  you only drop 2 bombs or  1 torpedo? that just only seem to scratch them .... if they hit.

how do  you get points and progress if you cant accrue damage?   1st game 2184 damage 29000 credits on premium, 2nd game 7290 damage, 35000 credits. 3rd game  9568 damage, 32891 credits and thats without expenses taken out.  If  your own team is crappy they just rush you and you just cant defend  yourself,  but before  you could.

how do you defend  your carrier when you have to use either the carrier or the planes,  and the bombs and torps (if they hit) do no real damage, rockets are just a joke.  At least in the past  you could steer your carrier away and set up a cross drop as a defensive fire. (carrier guns are useless)

its just every destroyers drivers dream come true with this dumbing down of carriers.

Not to mention flying one plane group at a time up once your done switching to another and flying it up (carriers are usually a stand off weapons platform to deliver from safety),  uses up valuable game positioning time.  Sure in a ship its different its just you, but if you have 3 squadrons to use, you should be able to manuever them all at once.  This sucks

they no longer have to fear or be skillfull at avoiding cross drops and any noobie destroyer captain can avoid only 2 torp drops in a run at them, why couldnt we get 4 torp drops in one run.?

I generally get 2 or 3 sinkings in a hosho, this time none and 2184 damage.

And the enemy AA even on tier 4 is extreme when in reality the AA  values shouldnt reflect that with the amount of damage done to planes at that tier and just chews up planes  like you loose all in each run even from DD's with no real capability for AA at that level.

This change is just pitiful and will be the death of CVs in WOW

This is no improvement , its an evolution to get people to move away from carriers so they can remove them and introduce .....  submarines ????

Edited by DevilD0g

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
296 posts
7,220 battles
5 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Yep it is (The AA is better though and I like it as a BB captain)

I bet  you do, its what  you have all been preying for, you dont have to worry anymore and can still drive in straight lines with no fear.

[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
707 posts
1,399 battles
1 minute ago, DevilD0g said:

I bet  you do, its what  you have all been preying for, you dont have to worry anymore and can still drive in straight lines with no fear.

I usually use German BB's as close in brawlers I can't snipe and I do use WASD hacks. The weird thing was today I don't know how many Clevelands I sank because they were driving in a straight line. I think half of the player base forgot how to play. It sure is puzzling

Members
27 posts
5,943 battles

Well I have played 3x battles with my hood.. rockets never fired once and only 3rd a/c kills to what I used to get not able to select a squad of bombers sux big time and defeats the purpose of her aa rockets..I want a refund WG!! guns are a little more accurate but I may park her up again

Sign in to follow this