Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Good job WG

6 comments in this topic

[WDS]
Members
1,634 posts
8,423 battles

Just played  6 games in tier 8 Mass graphics look great  AA works great with the new 25% on the side you pick . Not sure if the CVs don't need a little help ,  love that you cant get a DEV strike by a Midway anymore but seems like you don't have to worry  that much about CVs I think they might need some help . Otherwise good job on graphics and the rework is nice . CVs are not OP sick of people crying about the end of the game if anything they need a little love .

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
712 posts
1,409 battles

I liked it what it the fuss all about this apocalypse attitude is pathetic. IT AIN'T THAT BAD PEOPLE....  The world isn't falling apart the game is not broken it is all not that bad.

image.jpeg.8dae8e3c1c6687f64ce32b57de06fea7.jpeg

478075789_WarningSalt.thumb.jpg.43c5ad3438c43daa767bc556ace2eece.jpg

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts

I think there is now only one ship type that can single strike another off the map. CVs have arrived and most seem happy as CAs have there AA which is the way it should be, BBs seem to have good protection to (can't have them having to rely on another ship type lol :Smile_trollface:)

As you say, that leaves the CV looking a little less impactual than I would have thought they should be. It also leaves them looking for easier pray......yep, watch out DDs lol.

One CC that plays a lot of DDs made the comment that he believed WG have balanced it wrong and CVs will not do a great deal of damage and DDs will not have that fun and engaging play - so in trying to fix one type, they've broken 2. Personally I think we need to wait a couple of months and I'm sure CV players will improve too. It could also be that DDs were always meant to end up in this position as well (working as intended) - a more of a clan war role of pure support.

I look forward to giving the CVs a go; but I think it will be my BBs I take out most lol. :Smile_honoring:

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,485 posts
8,156 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I think there is now only one ship type that can single strike another off the map. CVs have arrived and most seem happy as CAs have there AA which is the way it should be, BBs seem to have good protection to (can't have them having to rely on another ship type lol :Smile_trollface:)

As you say, that leaves the CV looking a little less impactual than I would have thought they should be. It also leaves them looking for easier pray......yep, watch out DDs lol.

One CC that plays a lot of DDs made the comment that he believed WG have balanced it wrong and CVs will not do a great deal of damage and DDs will not have that fun and engaging play - so in trying to fix one type, they've broken 2. Personally I think we need to wait a couple of months and I'm sure CV players will improve too. It could also be that DDs were always meant to end up in this position as well (working as intended) - a more of a clan war role of pure support.

I look forward to giving the CVs a go; but I think it will be my BBs I take out most lol. :Smile_honoring:

Every ship type can dev strike if they're good enough and their target is clueless enough, for CVs if they stack drops. Really the best part of the rework is bombing takes actual skill now, no more manual dropping stacked squadrons on hopeless BBs or auto dropping dive bombers for insane damage.

Edited by NeoRussia

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts
32 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Every ship type can dev strike if they're good enough and their target is clueless enough, for CVs if they stack drops. Really the best part of the rework is bombing takes actual skill now, no more manual dropping stacked squadrons on hopeless BBs or auto dropping dive bombers for insane damage.

Apologies, of course a DD can wipe out a BB if that BB has less than 10000 and wanders into a torp, or  around 1000 HP or less HP if the DD wants to dev strike with rounds lol.

I should have said wipe a ship that has a good portion of their HP left with one volley.

Anyway, I am sure others will also say anything is possible, and not look towards the evidence available, but rather their passion/ship type favourite. Thank you.

Totally agree that CV play can only get better (well, you'd think lol); that's why I mentioned waiting a couple of months to see how the change affects the game. :Smile_honoring:

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

It aint as bad for real ships as I thought it would be. The only problem that I had were when the 2 CVs ganged up with rocket Fighters on my 'lil 'ol DD. However, Sims is pretty good at bug zapping and dodging so it wasn't as bad as it would've been with a weak AA DD like T-61 or Blyskawica.

Edited by ReddNekk

Sign in to follow this