Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
joshua011

Irian thoughts?

6 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,062 battles

With all those CV treads, what do you all think of the Irian? How does it compare to the Kutuzov? Chapayev?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles

Kutuzov is a better ship. Irian is a lot like Chapayev, without the radar but with better torps. She's a solid, reliable CL without much in the way of extra shine. A work horse, not a show pony.

The best PACL in the game, but that's not saying much.

<Edit> Mouse is working on her review as we speak.

[TRW]
Beta Testers
102 posts
14,529 battles

I have it, it is team dependent but the 13km deep water torps are a unique weapon system that can catch red ships out, also good AA. Its fun but without a heal or smoke , brittle.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,045 posts
6,164 battles

A support cruiser that pretty much follows Huanghe in terms of play style when not using smoke.   Long guns that can hurt, long torps that can whack,  AA that brings down planes.    Jack of all trades - master of none.  But suffers from the same "3 shots and your dead" syndrome.

The torps instead of the smoke is the trade off that will have to make people think.  Last night's meta was not the best place to judge by any means

[-K-]
Members
6,270 posts
10,490 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

The best PACL in the game, but that's not saying much.

Played a few games in Huanghe recently, and while she's no superstar, she did surprise me quite a bit.  Perhaps my expectations were so low that they weren't tough to exceed, but she performed pretty solidly with good concealment and pretty reliable guns (with IFHE).  I'm sure most will prefer Irian over Huanghe when given the choice, but the latter has its own little cult following for a pretty good reason.  She'll surprise many a red player if they underestimate her.

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Keep in mind that we are so saturated with ships it's hard to create new ships that stand out but are not OP (that's my opinion). I've played four games in her and really like it, the 13.5k DW torps are a nice addition. IFHE captain build can be shared with Huanghe so that's a plus if you have both. 

I doubt anyone will say this is a must have, but I will play this more than several other premiums I have in port collecting rust.

Sign in to follow this