You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nyrat26

Opinions of CV Rework: Garbage

15 comments in this topic

[CWD]
Members
1 post
3,946 battles

Currently, the CV rework has been nothing but a complete waste of time and money. My list of complaints is extensive and there is not much to redeem or even warrant the new changes.

1) No one asked for this rework. Not a single person wanted this change.

2) The balancing for CVs is completely garbage.

2a) Aerial attacks do not do nearly enough damage to be worth the effort of playing CV. The arsenal of the attack aircraft are not nearly powerful enough to do anything to support the team other than simply annoying the enemy.

2b) Ship AA is completely overpowered. It is ridiculous that an entire squadron can be destroyed within seconds. There's no way to get an attack off without losing half a squadron and draining the on-deck aircraft, further reducing the amount of damage a CV can output.

3) The 'infinite' amount of planes is not infinite. The restoration time is unbelievably long to even call your amount of planes infinite. If you run out of planes trying to get an attack off, you're screwed because it takes half the game to build up enough planes to get another attack off.

4) Your ability to help the team has been reduced substantially. If you are needed to spot, you sacrifice doing damage (what little you will do in the first place). If you want to attack ships, you can't spot for someone that may need it on the other side of the map.

5) Not being able to control your CV while flying aircraft. I can't count how many times my carrier has been caught up in rocks or completely out of position because I'm too focused on trying to get past flak. Autopilot isn't amazing when you need to get somewhere specific.

War-gaming, are you trying to kill your game? It sure is working if you are. 

• Cool 7
  • Angry 1

[WOLF8]
Members
377 posts
7,270 battles

Hey, maybe they'll put an old Atari 2600 joystick into the premium shop.  That'd feel right at home with how refined the aircraft controls are.  It would likely be an improvement.

• Cool 2

Members
7 posts
1,487 battles

I used to main CVs. i even voiced my opinons on the test server. Now we have this horrible mess on the live servers. Please rescind this CV travesty while there are still CV players.

• Cool 1

[-CPC-]
Members
23 posts
3,266 battles

I agree, an unwanted update that makes the cv's almost unplayable.

While flying, your carrier is defenseless. While in map mode your planes fly blindly.

The planes get shot down instantly as soon as you get close to a target.

Meanwhile while in "attack" mode, suddenly your carrier is being hit. So you either hit F and go back to your boat, or take the hit and hope you get at least a couple hits.

There's just no easy way to focus on the planes and the boat at the same time.    

I guess they're trying to integrate world of warplanes into world of warships.

You should have the choice of overhead like the old gameplay or the new interface. I'll bet everyone would play the old way.

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
1 hour ago, MikeLWX said:

Hey, maybe they'll put an old Atari 2600 joystick into the premium shop.  That'd feel right at home with how refined the aircraft controls are.  It would likely be an improvement.

or ....a console... just sayin....

[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
713 posts
1,409 battles
3 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

or ....a console... just sayin....

The Nintendo Switch????

*after saying that shutters and goes somewhere to hide*

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
57 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

The Nintendo Switch????

*after saying that shutters and goes somewhere to hide*

Maybe in some kind of X box type thingy, to keep it tidy, X-actly. :Smile_trollface:

(boards elevator to take him 2000 feet underground till the fallout settles.)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
127 posts
3,321 battles
2 hours ago, Hi_Bill said:

You should have the choice of overhead like the old gameplay or the new interface. I'll bet everyone would play the old way.

Of course they would. Losing entire squadrons instantly isnt fun, being completely unable to reliably protect yourself isnt fun, input lag on a system that requires precision isnt fun.

Carriers are burning trash now. What a disgrace.

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
710 battles

I think they "said" there was an testing server for CV rework test. How the hell did they come up with this piece of crap? Do they use Google AI for testing or what? I want to know what did those testing player did during the testing.

• Cool 1

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
1,915 battles

Rocket planes are good for spotting.  That's about the only thing CVs are good at now.  Damage is minimal even on torps, and accuracy and ability to fire with precision are so bad that hitting anything reliably is nearly impossible.

I think they've actually on the right track, it just feels like it's about 70% complete at this point. 

Edited by Professor_Jumbo

[CANUK]
Members
2 posts
2,422 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 1:02 AM, Nyrat26 said:

3) The 'infinite' amount of planes is not infinite. The restoration time is unbelievably long to even call your amount of planes infinite. If you run out of planes trying to get an attack off, you're screwed because it takes half the game to build up enough planes to get another attack off.

Me, this person and many others would disagree 

60b6ca1c4fcdb0388ef033a2fbd9b3f0.png

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
428 posts
3,694 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 4:02 PM, Nyrat26 said:

Currently, the CV rework has been nothing but a complete waste of time and money. My list of complaints is extensive and there is not much to redeem or even warrant the new changes.

1) No one asked for this rework. Not a single person wanted this change.

2) The balancing for CVs is completely garbage.

2a) Aerial attacks do not do nearly enough damage to be worth the effort of playing CV. The arsenal of the attack aircraft are not nearly powerful enough to do anything to support the team other than simply annoying the enemy.

2b) Ship AA is completely overpowered. It is ridiculous that an entire squadron can be destroyed within seconds. There's no way to get an attack off without losing half a squadron and draining the on-deck aircraft, further reducing the amount of damage a CV can output.

4) Your ability to help the team has been reduced substantially. If you are needed to spot, you sacrifice doing damage (what little you will do in the first place). If you want to attack ships, you can't spot for someone that may need it on the other side of the map.

5) Not being able to control your CV while flying aircraft. I can't count how many times my carrier has been caught up in rocks or completely out of position because I'm too focused on trying to get past flak. Autopilot isn't amazing when you need to get somewhere specific.

War-gaming, are you trying to kill your game? It sure is working if you are. 

Whats that?............ Your CV is no longer OP and can't do everything anymore?...... lol

Only thing I will agree with is that AA takes no skill to use all you do is set one sector and maneuver to keep the planes in that zone. Defensive AA needs to be rebuilt so it requires some thought not just brain dead push button win. Plus tiers 6 and 8 CVs either need to be limited to only 1 tier higher battles or have a built in perk that boosts the health of the planes so they can deal with 2 tier higher AA which is insane atm.

[WPP]
Members
102 posts
18,159 battles

Talked to my retired Navy uncle years ago and read many books to pass the time at sea and this is what I remember: rockets were used for land based attacks (like bunkers on Okinawa) during WW-2. Rockets against ships was later on in the 50's. Get info from Navy Archives. Listening to CV drivers and they all complain and it seems they are always low man on the scoreboard. And what I really hate seeing is the BOTs (COOP) don't match team CV, they get a BB instead. So all the folks who built up good AA ships or bought into them have gotten screwed. Really, lets have a redo and survey current CV owners in a survey. Talley it up and I think you will find the problems that need addressing.

[CIWS]
Members
6 posts

I don't have a cv because they are cancer. I have Cruisers. Since this downgrade my flight time is like 1 minute. I can't fight all these attacks.

Every time warships gives an update they always make a line too weak to play.

I'm really sick of this [edited]!

I used to play tanks, but when I was 1 shot killed 5 times in a row, I quit.

Here, I played 21 games before I had 1 win. The match maker sucks! Don't even tell me I have to play harder. I finish in the top half of the team. 1 person does NOT make  team.

Everything sucks since the upgrade that I'm ready to quit!