Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoS_Mud

Rockets planes are TOO accurate

202 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

56
[DETN8]
Members
38 posts
6,843 battles

It is beyond ridiculous that these "un-guided" rockets can make run after run after run on a DD with every rocket hitting every time on a maneuvering DD. Was this your intent wargaming???? They should be IN-ACCURATE, just like they are in REAL LIFE.

CV's should only have a realistic chance of hitting large battleships and Cruisers and get lucky every once in a while on a DD, not be able to snipe a DD run after run until its dead. The infinate rockets on CV planes and their STUPID accuracy is beyond rediculous.

  • Cool 21
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
466
[WOLF7]
Members
850 posts
3,756 battles

PILOTS/CAPTAINS ARE ACCURATE.  Planes have nothing to do with it. In my Gearing today i've gone against midway captains that cant hit the broad side of a barn and I've gone against midway captains that melt me with rockets.  As more CVs get more comfortable with the system the accuracy will get better.  God help us.

Edit:  that wasn't me the downvoted you.  I'm upvoting you now to balance you out OP.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
  • Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[JNPR]
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,512 battles

Yeah, I'm finding DD life hard with no planes shot down and endless incoming waves of aircraft.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[DETN8]
Members
38 posts
6,843 battles

This is now a completely different game, unfortunately I liked the old game and dislike the new one,....think it's time to take a break for a bit

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
142 posts
8,437 battles

I am a mostly DD player, but I took my remaining CV’s out to blow off the snowflakes and it definitely took a while to figure out the timing of attacks, especially the rockets.   After a few disasterous COOP games to test things out.  It seemed oddly easier to pound DD in Randoms.  I went from missing or 1 hit per salvo to getting 7-8 hits, half or more of which would be pens for a couple k per.  The ability of USN planes to reengage the same ship 2-3 times made a huge HP dent, especially on sneaking DD’s with no cover ships nearby.  

Havent ventured out in any DD’s yet, but it’s pretty clear, I am gonna have to get way better in DD’s to still contribute and have fun in that class of ships.

Some DD types are gonna be pressed into CV security details in order to keep the BB’s and big guns away from friendly CV’s.  Seems like the CV’s are more or less impervious to aerial attack now, so I’m guessing long range gunnery is gonna be the only think to blast them with.

It’s gonna take a hell of a lucky DD driver to sneak up on a camper CV now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles
6 hours ago, BoS_Mud said:

It is beyond ridiculous that these "un-guided" rockets can make run after run after run on a DD with every rocket hitting every time on a maneuvering DD. Was this your intent wargaming???? They should be IN-ACCURATE, just like they are in REAL LIFE.

In real life a DD would be dead receiving one or two shells from a BB, would you like that to be life real life too?  Or do you only want things to be like real life when it benefits you?

  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[DETN8]
Members
38 posts
6,843 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

In real life a DD would be dead receiving one or two shells from a BB, would you like that to be life real life too?  Or do you only want things to be like real life when it benefits you?

In real life, a BB wouldn't hit a DD. Thanks for your input though

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Halsey5341 said:

I agree. Plus I was not able to select AA target. Ctrl click was not working on any of my AA targets. 

:Smile_facepalm:

Read patch notes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles
10 minutes ago, BoS_Mud said:

In real life, a BB wouldn't hit a DD. Thanks for your input though

In real life BB's have hit DD's.  Regardless, real life has no relevance when you are talking about balance in a video game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,332 battles
16 minutes ago, BoS_Mud said:

In real life, a BB wouldn't hit a DD. Thanks for your input though

Look up Taffy 3 and rethink your position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,566 posts
9,746 battles
11 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

Look up Taffy 3 and rethink your position.

Valid example, although the DD's played a forlorn hope attack with no real support, and paid the price.  Brave men, but....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[GLF]
Members
844 posts
11,695 battles

My first game vs the new CVs in a full AA nicholas.  i got struck 4 times by strangely accurate unguided rockets and lost 3 sets of torp tubes in the first few minutes of battle.   If that was my kamikaze I'd have afk'd at that point.   I was able to run and gun down ryujo.  

Now admittedly I wasn't running the Slot 1 mod to protect my tubes (you always needed to protect your AA more for an AA build), but it was ultra rare in the past that you'd lose a tube during a match.  Now in 4 quick strikes, 75% of my tubes are gone?   Is the slot 1 torp tube protection just required now if you want to torp something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[SBS]
Members
3,981 posts
2,408 battles

The rockets planes should be removed.  CVs shouldn't have specialized tools to counter every ship.  DDs are extremely vulnerable to CV spotting alone, they should not also have a specialized weapon to then target DDs.  CVs need to be weak against something. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
101 posts
18 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The rockets planes should be removed.  CVs shouldn't have specialized tools to counter every ship.  DDs are extremely vulnerable to CV spotting alone, they should not also have a specialized weapon to then target DDs.  CVs need to be weak against something. 

What are you even talking about CVS are weak to every other ship class. NO guns no way to hide and no way to run. If the CV is bothering you then sink it. That simple. Not like the CV can alpha strike you anymore it takes like 4 wings and no as to try to sink a ship now.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[SBS]
Members
3,981 posts
2,408 battles
1 minute ago, lucifier said:

What are you even talking about CVS are weak to every other ship class. NO guns no way to hide and no way to run. If the CV is bothering you then sink it. That simple. Not like the CV can alpha strike you anymore it takes like 4 wings and no as to try to sink a ship now.

And what is the survival rate of CVs?  What is the kill/death ratio?  Yeah, they are only weak to attack in theory, not in practice.  My point stands, remove the rocket planes.  If CVs want to target DDs they need to be able to hit them with DB or TB.  Or, they can spot them and have their team shoot at them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
101 posts
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

And what is the survival rate of CVs?  What is the kill/death ratio?  Yeah, they are only weak to attack in theory, not in practice.  My point stands, remove the rocket planes.  If CVs want to target DDs they need to be able to hit them with DB or TB.  Or, they can spot them and have their team shoot at them.

No problem then remove torps from DDs and we can have a nice cup of tea.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[SBS]
Members
3,981 posts
2,408 battles
4 minutes ago, lucifier said:

No problem then remove torps from DDs and we can have a nice cup of tea.

One of us is talking about balance, and one isn't.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
101 posts
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

One of us is talking about balance, and one isn't.

Yeah but you forgot FAIR and EVEN balance. Not let's nerf them and buff me DD wine and cheese standard speel.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
8 minutes ago, lucifier said:

No problem then remove torps from DDs and we can have a nice cup of tea.

I will take that trade all day long.  Where do I sign up?  Not like torp boats are remotely playable with the rocket spam lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,108
[NG-NL]
Members
5,774 posts
9,443 battles

Silly complaint. Rockets have low damage and fire chance, it takes multiple passes to do serious damage to a DD.

Plus, having done it from CV side, I can tell you that CR AA escort is a real problem. It takes me around 50ish seconds (in Midway/Haku) to do all my rocket passes on the DD. Know how much plane damage I can take in that time from a single CR? Even without any AA spec, I easily lose at least half the flight if linger.

2 DDs together, even shimas, are a real threat even to buffed Midway fighters.

The only issue--which WG will probably ignore--is that the AA is random which plane it targets, so it may hit the attacking planes who then escape instead of the ones that wait until 3rd or 4th pass to attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,851
[SBS]
Members
3,981 posts
2,408 battles
23 minutes ago, lucifier said:

Yeah but you forgot FAIR and EVEN balance. Not let's nerf them and buff me DD wine and cheese standard speel.

Again, I'm talking about balance, you are being vindictive. 

I'll say this, DDs are really at spotting other ships and remaining safely undetected.  Now let's give DDs torps that are super easy to hit the targets with, 80% hit rate.  You see a problem?  Torps are the least reliable weapons in the game for a reason.  Its to balance the lower risk of using them. 

The threat aircraft pose to DDs is already great just with spotting alone.  Giving them specialized weapons on top of that is too much.  Until you actually address the point being raised I'm done discussing this with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
101 posts
6 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Again, I'm talking about balance, you are being vindictive. 

I'll say this, DDs are really at spotting other ships and remaining safely undetected.  Now let's give DDs torps that are super easy to hit the targets with, 80% hit rate.  You see a problem?  Torps are the least reliable weapons in the game for a reason.  Its to balance the lower risk of using them. 

The threat aircraft pose to DDs is already great just with spotting alone.  Giving them specialized weapons on top of that is too much.  Until you actually address the point being raised I'm done discussing this with you.

That's because ITS NOT a ISSUE.

Every had to learn how to dodge torps......learn how to dodge planes.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
910 posts
6,170 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Halsey5341 said:

I agree. Plus I was not able to select AA target. Ctrl click was not working on any of my AA targets. 

They are doing zone AA but I'm not impressed probably good with the AA comsumable on American DD's but DD's are woefully under protected from CV players who are any good. Seems like the RNG is nil now.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×