Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
A_Horde_of_Sharks

The problem with CV cycle flooding

4 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
333 posts
3,181 battles

The new CV rework seemed to have some unintended consequences manifest that seem rarely talked about.  One i'm starting to notice more, and more.  It doesn't seem to have a name, so I'm just going to call it "cycle flooding" 

This is when a CV will send in torpedo bombers and attempt to land one torpedo on the bow or stern with the hopes of causing flooding.  The carrier will wait for few seconds forcing the victim to repair the damage, then they return a few seconds later to deliver more torpedoes.  This ensures permanent flooding with very little effort.  This is detrimental because it is an almost guaranteed death in most situations since the damage control has a much longer cool-down; all in exchange for a minimum of two torpedo hits. 

It seems fairly frustrating on the receiving end of this. I'm curious if others have noticed if the rework has some other exploits that may not have been fully discussed...

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

There are proposed flooding changes on the way.

Makes me wonder if the next thing they tackle is making cruisers less likely to be one-shot.  That in itself would make it more strategic than the current poke your nose out and die at high tiers.

Beta Testers
66 posts

I have yet to get my TBs to survive long enough to make two attack runs let alone spread out flooding.  And I haven't recieved the same either.  

I doubt this will be a serious problem especially with flooding damage being nerfed by ~80%.

Sign in to follow this