Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Learn from mistakes - WoWP

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
765 posts
6,354 battles

WG needs to learn from its mistakes with World of Warplanes and act quick to undo what they've done.  If those that remember World of Warplanes in the early days it wasn't great population, but WG decided a massive rework of @ patch 1.5 population reduced overnight by 80%+...and continued to steadily decline.  Even though WG would go on to fix some of the issues, the players that took a "break" from the game ended up never coming back.

Most players I know are now taking a break from World of Warships...as am I.  I'm not uninstalling, but I feel dumb for spending all the $ recently on this game and wish I didn't.  Who knows how many will come back, but if WG is smart they will roll this back ASAP.  My money isn't on  WG being "smart".

[PVE]
Members
830 posts
11,181 battles

And all the forum trolls saying "just give it a try" will literally be going down with the ship. 

Edited by Rabbitt81

[HINON]
Members
10,770 posts

Most of the players I have talked to in person are letting the balancing take place and look forward to the tweaks and changes in the coming months to create a better balance. There isn't going to be some rollback to the old days of OP, highly influential CVs. Play some ranked when it starts up as no CVs will be present. Take a short break and check back in the balancing. The panic expressed by some is overdone and unjustified. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Most of the players I have talked to in person are letting the balancing take place and look forward to the tweaks and changes in the coming months to create a better balance. There isn't going to be some rollback to the old days of OP, highly influential CVs. Play some ranked when it starts up as no CVs will be present. Take a short break and check back in the balancing. The panic expressed by some is overdone and unjustified. 

Personally my complaint isn't that the carriers are OP or too weak. It isn't that AA is too strong or too weak. You are right, these are balancing issues and will/should be worked out. We were warned that this would occur and should be patient with these things. What I hate is the new style of carrier play. It isn't interesting, it isn't intuitive, and it is HARDER than the system that it replaced. Whomever thought this would close the skill gap in carrier play is delusional or just stupid. Good players will still do well, bad players will still suck, and those that master the new gameplay will dominate everyone else just like they always have. It is a fail. I doubt they will go back to RTS now, they have too much invested and no one likes to be proven wrong. It is why I dumped my carriers, I know that as a class, I am done with them with this new style of play.

I do think the OP has a good point, WoWP is on life support and probably not long for the world. What Wargaming has done to WoWS is liable to start us down the same path.

[KP]
Members
81 posts
8,289 battles

I havent had a chance to play the new update as of yet, Im actually looking forward to giving it a try. On a side note and this goes for all F2P games if you really want change you "speak" with your wallet dont buy anything for a while:Smile_coin:

Sign in to follow this