Sign in to follow this  
pikohan

Hood: Mehbote Review That Nobody Asked For!

7 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,324 posts
11,342 battles

Had this on the backburner for a while... what better time to finish than when new CVs are out!

Enjoy or don't enjoy :cap_book:

Other mehbote reviews:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,324 posts
11,342 battles
19 hours ago, Iron_Dreaddnought said:

Deciding weather or not to get this ship, love it for the historical value, thank you for posting this!

Thanks mate!

I would add that after the 8.0 "buffs" I don't really feel much difference about her gunnery... don't yet have a good impression on how much the AA changed though.

[BIER]
[BIER]
Members
5 posts
3,689 battles

I find the Hood easy to handle and well armored, but overall pretty disappointing.  Dispersion, accuracy, and damage are terrible.  If I can't hit or kill what I'm shooting at, than it's useless.  IMO.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts

Her new shell performance makes hunting cruisers all the harder while not offering enough of an increase in damage output against battleships.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,324 posts
11,342 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 10:07 PM, TornadoADV said:

Her new shell performance makes hunting cruisers all the harder while not offering enough of an increase in damage output against battleships.

I was very meh on the change initially, but I think it might actually be better. I haven't been consciously doing anything different, but I had a string of really good games while playing for the Exeter missions this weekend, including a handful of dev strikes that I think were at least partially helped by the accuracy buff. I speculate that the long fuse is mostly detrimental against broadside cruisers at close range... if you keep some distance you get more benefit from the accuracy buff and less drawback from long fuse. 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this