Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hypomanic

Goodbye World of Warships

75 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[TBB]
Members
7 posts
9,730 battles

Hello Captains,

I am writing here in forums for the first, and the last time as I am leaving the game. I have enjoyed playing this game, and the company of you fellow Captains since January 2018, so, thank you all. However, I believe 8.0 changed this game in a very negative way for me. It is now, I fell, all about firing guns. I use to love making use of my concealment and make plays, which is no longer possible.

Cheers,

Captain-X

  • Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
480
[WOLF7]
Members
864 posts
3,808 battles

Good luck to you.  Cant blame anyone for leaving at this point.  This is not the game we signed up for 1,2,3 years ago.  You're probably not alone.  I've only played a few games today as a DD and it was such a mess I cant really even process where the game goes from here.  

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
9 minutes ago, MIT700 said:

Hello Captains,

I am writing here in forums for the first, and the last time as I am leaving the game. I have enjoyed playing this game, and the company of you fellow Captains since January 2018, so, thank you all. However, I believe 8.0 changed this game in a very negative way for me. It is now, I fell, all about firing guns. I use to love making use of my concealment and make plays, which is no longer possible.

Cheers,

Captain-X

You do realize that the queue is currently overloaded with the new thing and will drop off to lesser level making concealment more useful once again.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

The crazy continues. "things have changed and I don't like, so I'm taking my ball and going home" after a whole 15 hours, too funny

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
[WOLFA]
Members
632 posts
4,357 battles

I completely understand OP. All the best to you.

 

To WG: THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE ABSOLUTE WORST PATCH I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN A GAME BEFORE.

              CV'S HAVE RUINED THIS GAME AND YOUR WALLETS ARE GOING TO HURT BECAUSE OF IT.

  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
Just now, Capt_h2o said:

The crazy continues. "things have changed and I don't like, so I'm taking my ball and going home" after a whole 15 hours, too funny

We knew it was coming.  Its actually not as bad as I was expecting,  to be honest.

One of the funniest things to me is that according to the forums,  AA is both brokenly OP and brokenly bad.  Its like Schrodinger's AA.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
Just now, Palladia said:

We knew it was coming.  Its actually not as bad as I was expecting,  to be honest.

One of the funniest things to me is that according to the forums,  AA is both brokenly OP and brokenly bad.  Its like Schrodinger's AA.

 

I think aa is too strong, going to try a lower tier and see if it is different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,230 battles

I think its more than that. CV's just have far too much impact on games.  I would bet that most games the better CV player will win, despite what the rest of the team does.  Think about this.

 

Carriers have unlimited planes, They can YOLO with no consequence.

Carriers have planes for every situation (bombers, rockets, torps)

Carriers can instantly recall

AA has been nerfed so ships cant effectively defend themselves. (tested many games in AA spec cruisers with no luck)

They can launch multiple attacks in rapid succession on the same sortie. Repair party cant keep up.

Multiple CV's can be in each battle now.  ITs nothing but chaos and insanity. Planes are so dominant now that you are more worried about them then you are ships and you find yourself frequently out of position dodging air attacks so you cant even angle your armor.

The game is increasing rewarding campers and people who play passive sitting back. Constant spotting is making it a target rich environment for them.

You are FORCED to have your commanders AA specced if you even want the remotest chance of winning or survival. 

 

THE ONLY POSITIVE.... planes no longer spot torps.  /golfclap

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,949
[KNMSU]
Members
5,682 posts
5,818 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You do realize that the queue is currently overloaded with the new thing and will drop off to lesser level making concealment more useful once again.

You do realize that every day the game is mired in this inscrutable mess, it does disproportionate and irreparable harm, right? WoWP got the way it is because Wargaming stuck their heads in the sand, refused to listen to the testers/live players, and people walked away. They're never coming back.

Don't act like it can't happen here, too. This development team has made some controversial decisions over the years, but they've always kept things from going totally overboard. This patch seems to mark the end of that trend. And if drastic action isn't taken, I'm pretty certain that nobody will care 3-4 months down the road when the next 'big fix' is ready for primetime.

If I were whispering on the development team's ear, my advice would be simple: roll back 8.0, don't announce or even set a guaranteed release date, and aggressively attack these massive issues on the test server.

Continuing to ask the live base to beta test this barf bag of a patch is pretty much hoisting a white flag for WoWs' future.

Edited by Battleship_AndreaDoria
  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
15 posts
4,672 battles

The CV overload will end... weeks after the UK CV's have been introduced. And the overload will be back every time a new CV is introduced. When new DD's, CA's, or BB's are introduced, they don't completely eliminate stealth as a game mechanic like CV's. What about WG pushing Submarines? The CV disaster doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I think aa is too strong, going to try a lower tier and see if it is different

It is absolutely too strong right now,  and all one has to do to realize this is play a CV.  Not that I expect most of the people screaming about AA being too weak to do that.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
Just now, Palladia said:

We knew it was coming.  Its actually not as bad as I was expecting,  to be honest.

One of the funniest things to me is that according to the forums,  AA is both brokenly OP and brokenly bad.  Its like Schrodinger's AA.

I think that at least part of the complaint from the people that are complaining about AA being bad is from people expecting AA to work like it did before as a giant had swatting the planes out of the sky where now it is more of a DOT whenever a plane is in the AA bubble. The people complaining that AA is overpowered are addressing the up tier scaling of the planes where almost any tier 8 will vaporize a tier 6 CV's planes which goes back to the previous system but in spades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,544
[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts

Take a break for a couples for the queue to settle down and look to see what balancing changes come.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,310 posts
14,457 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You do realize that the queue is currently overloaded with the new thing and will drop off to lesser level making concealment more useful once again.

Exact reason I've not started a thread on how the game sucks thread.

Most people do not understand it is going to take 2 to 3 patches to balance aircraft and ships AA.

....

I do believe AFT needs to extend the AA range, as before. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I think that at least part of the complaint from the people that are complaining about AA being bad is from people expecting AA to work like it did before as a giant had swatting the planes out of the sky where now it is more of a DOT whenever a plane is in the AA bubble. The people complaining that AA is overpowered are addressing the up tier scaling of the planes where almost any tier 8 will vaporize a tier 6 CV's planes which goes back to the previous system but in spades.

Its not just up tiers,  though. Same tier is pretty nasty too,  with T8 and up being a particular nightmare.  I absolutely expect up tiers to work against you,  the tiers are there for a reason.  

But I do agree about people expecting it to work like before.  People aren't used to the idea of planes being able to escape without being destroyed and without dropping,  they aren't used to killing so few planes due to both the above and there being fewer planes,  and people are used to just left clicking on a squadron and watching it melt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[SOV]
Members
4 posts
10,567 battles
10 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

ITo WG: THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE ABSOLUTE WORST PATCH I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN A GAME BEFORE.

              CV'S HAVE RUINED THIS GAME AND YOUR WALLETS ARE GOING TO HURT BECAUSE OF IT.

Still not worse than Trammel in Ultima Online, that was by far the worst patch ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[NAB]
Members
416 posts
9,218 battles

I hope people stop playing CVs altogether, because this game feels like a cheap arcade shooter now.  I only played two games today, but I am going to logoff and walk away for the night. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,949
[KNMSU]
Members
5,682 posts
5,818 battles
Just now, Palladia said:

Its not just up tiers,  though. Same tier is pretty nasty too,  with T8 and up being a particular nightmare.  I absolutely expect up tiers to work against you,  the tiers are there for a reason.  

But I do agree about people expecting it to work like before.  People aren't used to the idea of planes being able to escape without being destroyed and without dropping,  they aren't used to killing so few planes due to both the above and there being fewer planes,  and people are used to just left clicking on a squadron and watching it melt. 

What game were you playing? Aside from a few exceedingly limited AA-heavy ships that you couldn't fly over, carrier planes prior to 8.0 were fairly robust... unless, of course, the CV was playing like a fool.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[WURST]
Members
1 post
1,373 battles

I joined the forums so I could say that this patch is so bad that words cannot describe it. I regret purchasing a year of premium because I don't think I'm going to use it.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,821
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
3 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

You do realize that every day the game is mired in this inscrutable mess, it does disproportionate and irreparable harm, right? WoWP got the way it is because Wargaming stuck their heads in the sand, refused to listen to the testers/live players, and people walked away. They're never coming back.

Don't act like it can't happen here, too. This development team has made some controversial decisions over the years, but they've always kept things from going totally overboard. This patch seems to mark the end of that trend. And if drastic action isn't taken, I'm pretty certain that nobody will care 3-4 months down the road when the next 'big fix' is ready for primetime.

If I were whispering on the development team's ear, my advice would be simple: roll back 8.0, don't announce or even set a guaranteed release date, and aggressively attack these massive issues on the test server.

Continuing to ask the live base to beta test this barf bag of a patch is pretty much hoisting a white flag for WoWs' future.

Introduce a new DD line and you are stumbling over DD's everywhere you look. Introduce a new cruiser line and the DD's are constantly dodging the new cruisers. BB's are really the only ship type that when in over abundance in the queue doesn't impact DD's being stealthy.

1 minute ago, Palladia said:

Its not just up tiers,  though. Same tier is pretty nasty too,  with T8 and up being a particular nightmare.  I absolutely expect up tiers to work against you,  the tiers are there for a reason.  

But I do agree about people expecting it to work like before.  People aren't used to the idea of planes being able to escape without being destroyed and without dropping,  they aren't used to killing so few planes due to both the above and there being fewer planes,  and people are used to just left clicking on a squadron and watching it melt. 

What I noticed is getting within the AA bubble of multiple ships, even a DD plus something else is deadly but catch almost anything out alone and you can have your way with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
31 minutes ago, MIT700 said:

Hello Captains,

I am writing here in forums for the first, and the last time as I am leaving the game. I have enjoyed playing this game, and the company of you fellow Captains since January 2018, so, thank you all. However, I believe 8.0 changed this game in a very negative way for me. It is now, I fell, all about firing guns. I use to love making use of my concealment and make plays, which is no longer possible.

Cheers,

Captain-X

If you're going to leave after less than 24 hours after a change, then I guess you should probably find that elusive game that never changes anything, lest you have to leave that, too.  Good luck wherever you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[SIDE]
Members
2,239 posts
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You do realize that the queue is currently overloaded with the new thing and will drop off to lesser level making concealment more useful once again.

Sometimes you just gotta let them go...

Not gonna waste a second trying to talk some drama queens out of quitting a game they have hundreds of hours invested in after 1 day of a new patch. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
480
[WOLF7]
Members
864 posts
3,808 battles

Weird that this turned into an AA thread when OP has an issue with the spotting/concealment mechanic. 

The danger to DDs today was mildly from CV rockets unless you have a CV driver that is already very good with the new system then they are much more dangerous.

Much more danger comes from other surface ships that the planes are spotting for.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
Members
94 posts
11,414 battles

I'm very surprised that WG would introduce such a comprehensive change to the game this long after its been out. Shocking actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×