You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xeg0r

Why no dedicated hotkeys to assign AA sectors?

14 comments in this topic

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
42 posts
7,969 battles

What is the reasoning behind NOT having a hot key to assign a sector, instead requiring user to open a modal using a key then use the MOUSE to assign sector?
Why is this different from every other interactive element in this game - have option of mouse click or hotkey e.g. the quick command menu.

Why didn't they allow hotkeys for AA sector assignment e.g. < for port, > for starboard and / for neutral.

Such a basic oversight IMO.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,215 posts
8,973 battles

Sounds like a question (and a good one) for the developers ... Developer's Corner maybe?

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
42 posts
7,969 battles

Hesitant to repost as last time I double posted to move to a more appropriate location I got lambasted - also, how DO I post to dev corner?

Edited by xeg0r

[KNMSU]
Members
5,574 posts
5,756 battles

Sorry, but you well know that they can't talk about this shovel-ready project while all the hard work is going on. And, of course, the best way to build skyscrapers in this town is without plans, and while people are already living in them...

51GWwseW-0L._AC_SY400_.jpg

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles

I don't get the point of sectors, most play I've seen it's planes hit on side bank and hit other side. Just a silly chore imo.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles

Still trying to figure out why this wasn't an automated thing instead of something that a player has to fiddle with in combat. Make it a skill or something and let us "control +click" on the planes like it used to be so we can go back to playing the game and not spend so much time worrying about aircraft. Whoever designed the new mechanic is out of touch with what the players are looking for in a game. Forcing the players to micromanage AA defense seems silly when you are busy trying to avoid their attacks, avoid enemy fire, and shoot at the other ships. Just a pointless and unnecessary inclusion in the game.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,215 posts
8,973 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Still trying to figure out why this wasn't an automated thing instead of something that a player has to fiddle with in combat. Make it a skill or something and let us "control +click" on the planes like it used to be so we can go back to playing the game and not spend so much time worrying about aircraft. Whoever designed the new mechanic is out of touch with what the players are looking for in a game. Forcing the players to micromanage AA defense seems silly when you are busy trying to avoid their attacks, avoid enemy fire, and shoot at the other ships. Just a pointless and unnecessary inclusion in the game.

Already decided I'm not taking the time to mess with it ... more worried about who's looking at my broadside.  Not sure what was "wrong" with the previous AA setup.  Anyway time to call it a night ... been a long day and my brain has become saturated with ... 

Edited by DocWalker

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree. CVs have been reduced to mindless plane spam and everyone else has to carry the additional burden of CVs now being "action oriented". Especially taking into account how plane squadrons can attack multiple times in short succession, this is a disproportionate strain on other ship captains.

Edited by Tentakkel

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles

To introduce inefficiency and error into play.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
1 minute ago, _Caliph_ said:

To introduce inefficiency and error into play.

That probably is the truth Caliph.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles
25 minutes ago, xeg0r said:

What is the reasoning behind NOT having a hot key to assign a sector, instead requiring user to open a modal using a key then use the MOUSE to assign sector?
Why is this different from every other interactive element in this game - have option of mouse click or hotkey e.g. the quick command menu.

Why didn't they allow hotkeys for AA sector assignment e.g. < for port, > for starboard and / for neutral.

Such a basic oversight IMO.

I guess it could be made even simpler. All you really need is one key to toggle between the two sides. The current mouse-based input seems inexplicably clunky.

• Cool 1

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That probably is the truth Caliph.

I think so. It's the same with CV movement restrictions.

Edited by _Caliph_

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
42 posts
7,969 battles

Isn't the delay in changing AA sectors enough without introducing additional  error and frustration via inefficient keystrokes.

I mean if they just want to introduce inefficiency and error, why no make repairs a mini-game while we are at it? Use the mouse to hose down the ship to put out the fires (plz oh plz don't do this!)?