You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pyun

Carriers Overpowered+Underpowered Texas Useless

32 comments in this topic

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

Edit: Found out its primarily due to the Heavy tier differences. Lower tier carriers can't touch higher tier ships while higher tier carriers absolute shat on lower tier ships. 

Me and my friends in a division versus tier 6 planes. I was in a cruiser(belfast), one friend was in a American Destroyer(Mahan), and finally one American battleship(Colorado). We were all 1 tier higher than the carriers. However, there was nothing we could do from the onslaught of planes. Our dd gets Bombed on the first pass, and finally torpedoed despite me providing AA to help. The Colorado gets Torpedoed and bombed with no chance to evade. 

They also spotted my friend's destroyer the entire time. There was nothing we could do from getting permaspotted by these planes.

I bought the Tier 5 Texas hearing so many good things about the AA suite. Absolute garbage. Planes were doing 2nd passes on me. Commander on the Texas was AA Spec'ed too(11 commander points). 

So im asking for Wargaming to please Nerf these things or get rid of them from the game. They need to also buff the Texas. Its so cancerous seeing 2 carriers in every single game and how the rework made them so easy to play.  Carrier players literally third person control the plane to precision drop on slow boats.

Edited by Pyun
  • Cool 2

[PLPT]
[PLPT]
Members
78 posts
9,978 battles
4 minutes ago, Pyun said:

Me and my friends in a division versus tier 6 planes. I was in a cruiser(belfast), one friend was in a American Destroyer(Mahan), and finally one American battleship(Colorado). We were all 1 tier higher than the carriers. However, there was nothing we could do from the onslaught of planes. Our dd gets Bombed on the first pass, and finally torpedoed despite me providing AA to help. The Colorado gets Torpedoed and bombed with no chance to evade. 

They also spotted my friend's destroyer the entire time. There was nothing we could do from getting permaspotted by these planes.

I bought the Tier 5 Texas hearing so many good things about the AA suite. Absolute garbage. Planes were doing 2nd passes on me. Commander on the Texas was AA Spec'ed too(11 commander points). 

So im asking for Wargaming to please Nerf these things or get rid of them from the game. They need to also buff the Texas. Its so cancerous seeing 2 carriers in every single game and how the rework made them so easy to play.  Carrier players literally third person control the plane to precision drop on slow boats.

lol you are playing a different game then the rest of the community

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,535 posts
4,679 battles

meanwhile planes are getting shot out of the sky like they were made of paper. Try playing cv before you start complaining. Those cvs are just lucky that they could make a 2nd run, meanwhile in tier 10 matchs planes can't even make it past the first run(let alone get any hits). And you want them nerf? gtfo

• Cool 5

[TBW]
Members
7,558 posts
13,814 battles
5 minutes ago, Pyun said:

Torp planes can launch before they hit the middle aura and then can evade. You are pressing the Tilde ~ (the button left of the 1) and choosing which side of the ship you want your AA to concentrate on, right?

[WOLF5]
Members
2,152 posts
2,822 battles

The TX seems to have gotten hit really hard. My guess is that it has to do with the gun caliber. But yeah, the AA is a joke now. It's the selling point of the ship, they need to fix it.

That said, if you try playing CVs you'll see that they are very underpowered now. A successful strike is pathetic. I think you need to remember what CVs were before this.

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

This Texas was a premium dedicated to AA yet I can barely shoot down a single one of these planes. Carrier gameplay is so braindead. Fly at ships that have weak aa, Go into Grand Theft Auto mode to drive by torp/bomb/rocket pod them.

[TBW]
Members
7,558 posts
13,814 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

It's the selling point of the ship,

I think the Texas is the most given away for free premium ship in the game, that wasn't a prize ship. They gave it away on Twitch and on Steam and even the Tank event that I went to in Minnesota.

20170715_200331.thumb.jpg.5c4670da80f3e77fcd2aecbac4a46c88.jpg

20170715_200055.thumb.jpg.647f1f92fd74c393c6531f97d3d929af.jpg

20170715_190517.thumb.jpg.37795a11016a3132f8fccb63b4be7219.jpg

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

In the meantime, I was able to take out 58 planes at T10 in a Worcester without taking damage. I think aa needs to be nerfed, fun times today. 

I'll take my Texas out for a run on day 2 and see what it's like

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

Its funny. Im playing games with my friend who is a carrier player and he is complaining that the durability of the planes to the tier is way too drastic. In that same game, while he was getting rekt in his underpowered/undertiered planes, my texas and I were getting rekt by the enemies overpowered planes. 

AND Holy Cow: 

The Texas: GARBAGE

SLOW at 20.1 knts 

TERRIBLE DISPERSION on the guns

Unmaneuverable

Edited by Pyun

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
27 minutes ago, Pyun said:

Are you used no AA module, auxiliary Armaments protection module, BFT, and AFT on the Texas?

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Are you used no AA module, auxiliary Armaments protection module, BFT, and AFT on the Texas?

I used AA Module

Auxillary Armaments protection and 

AFT

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
1 minute ago, Pyun said:

I used AA Module

Auxillary Armaments protection and 

AFT

Ok BFT might be needed as well since that grants a 20% faster Reload for secondary and AA guns.

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ok BFT might be needed as well since that grants a 20% faster Reload for secondary and AA guns.

You mean 10%? I wish it was 20% lol!

What does manual Fire for AA do? I remember yesterday it said 100% efficiency to manually targetted planes. Now it says something about 20% sector? ~* button for sector prioritizing? Ill give it a try. I really like my Massachussetts Secondary and AA though.

THe Texas is kind've in a wierd spot since CVs are in 4-6-8-10 even incremements. THe texas as a tier 5 does well against tier 4 but is absolute garbage against 6.

Edited by Pyun

[NDA]
Supertester
5,188 posts
15,384 battles

From reading the forums, playing both flat tops and surface ships I've come to the conclusion that WG has some how made Carriers Crap and Over Powered at the same time. It might have to do with the tier difference between ship and planes. For instance my Minotaur with its strong AA shredded a Kaga squadron but did nothing to a Hakuryu squadron. 

All I know for sure is I haven't enjoyed playing WoWs today. 

• Cool 3

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

From reading the forums, playing both flat tops and surface ships I've come to the conclusion that WG has some how made Carriers Crap and Over Powered at the same time. It might have to do with the tier difference between ship and planes. For instance my Minotaur with its strong AA shredded a Kaga squadron but did nothing to a Hakuryu squadron. 

THIS! I think this guy nailed it. I was having a hard time putting my thoughts together.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,307 posts
14,457 battles
53 minutes ago, Pyun said:

Edit: Found out its primarily due to the Heavy tier differences. Lower tier carriers can't touch higher tier ships while higher tier carriers absolute shat on lower tier ships. 

Texas needs bft, aft & manual AA plus AA modules to be effective.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,307 posts
14,457 battles
22 minutes ago, Pyun said:

You mean 10%? I wish it was 20% lol!

What does manual Fire for AA do? I remember yesterday it said 100% efficiency to manually targetted planes. Now it says something about 20% sector? ~* button for sector prioritizing? Ill give it a try. I really like my Massachussetts Secondary and AA though.

THe Texas is kind've in a wierd spot since CVs are in 4-6-8-10 even incremements. THe texas as a tier 5 does well against tier 4 but is absolute garbage against 6.

Manual AA, on an Atlant for a test, selected sector 150%, other side 50%.

[SPTR]
Members
2,255 posts
1,184 battles

Manual AA does nothing for Texas. It only applies to guns over 85mm. Texas' largest AA guns are 76mm. Manual AA isn't useful one bit on Texas.

[POP]
Members
308 posts
5,189 battles

My buddy and I played our Texas together yesterday for a few matches after playing my Midway for the better part of the evening.  I was doing more damage with my Texas and killing more planes with it.  Texas is a good ship but even her aa is not gonna keep you alive if you have zero map awareness.  

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,253 battles

Just played a match in my Texas and only real difference is that the shorter AA range makes it less OP against planes. It still does a lot of damage to the planes. Unfortunately I only shot down a few planes as the CVs stayed away from me after the first squadron.

As for the OP's comment about it's guns having terrible dispersion that's probably just bad RNG.

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

Ok I take back what I said. CVs are ridiculous at higher tiers. Tier 10 CVs their planes are made of Adamantium. Did an entire push with Tier 10 battleships and could barely manage to shoot any of them down. My entire team was complaining about how OP the enemy Hakuryu was. 

Members
506 posts
On 1/31/2019 at 7:18 AM, RedSeaBear said:

This is exactly what I have been experiencing! Glad more people are seeing the light of this! +1 to you! :cap_like: