Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

AA can attack CV's planes behind island. Please stop this

15 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles

Co-Op practice

picking off single cruiser bot

go into attack, but my planes are attacking from the other side of the island out. Got shots down by aa when planes behind island and low altitude, you know in aiming mode so planes are not high up. So I don't understand AA logic that they can shoot planes when they are behind island. I am acting my torp plane as a dd!

Must be a stallium shells going through island

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Co-Op practice

picking off single cruiser bot

go into attack, but my planes are attacking from the other side of the island out. Got shots down by aa when planes behind island and low altitude, you know in aiming mode so planes are not high up. So I don't understand AA logic that they can shoot planes when they are behind island. I am acting my torp plane as a dd!

Must be a stallium shells going through island

its cause they buff the aa to such strong level it can penetrate rock and granite and cut a mountain in half

true story i seen it in wows

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles
1 minute ago, iamplaya said:

its cause they buff the aa to such strong level it can penetrate rock and granite and cut a mountain in half

true story i seen it in wows

but but but but ........ bot secondaries stop shooting when they are behind island and cant see you on the other side of the island, or even if they hydro you. The idea is the island block ........ aa working as secondaries mechanic .. BUT THEY KEEP FLAKING when planes are on the other sides of the island

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,592 posts

While their might be some specific cases where it doesn't detect the geometry correctly (or maybe it's a coop bot quirk), islands do stop AA now. You can use islands to cover your approach on AA heavy ships. Of course... it can also mess up your planes' approach since height matters, so be careful.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

While their might be some specific cases where it doesn't detect the geometry correctly (or maybe it's a coop bot quirk), islands do stop AA now. You can use islands to cover your approach on AA heavy ships. Of course... it can also mess up your planes' approach since height matters, so be careful

you can wait for the ship to exit the island and attack from there, even in tight turn island hugging or at 60 degree from outside attacking inside island or 125 degree if attack from inside island outward

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,777 posts
4,435 battles

AA has always passed through islands... :fish_book:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles
6 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

AA has always passed through islands.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ???????????????????:cap_old:

or you just pulling my leg :cap_horn:

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,777 posts
4,435 battles
16 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ???????????????????:cap_old:

or you just pulling my leg :cap_horn:

I'm not... If planes were in range, the AA fired regardless of islands.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

I'm not... If planes were in range, the AA fired regardless of islands.

OK, I am now understand this aa work.

But, island blocking damage if plane on the other side of the island, bullets even shooting cant go through island

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,771 battles

Please increase the torp range on CV, if we getting in from 4km, the planes got shred and left with less planes to attack

getting into 2km is more frustrated

[EASY]
Members
3 posts
1,381 battles

I think you should be able to change how many planes detach from your squadron to attack. I just started to play ranger (US CV T6) and only get to drop 2 or 3 torpedoes at a time. While your doing this your squadron the one you left to attack is getting shot up and wasted. So you should be able to change how many planes attack a ship or target at once so you can actually use the planes. Total waste of planes because, when your done attacking a ship or target, your squadron is almost gone or is gone and dead when your attack squad is reattached to the rest of the squadron. This can help with strategical game play with players finding cheeky ways to hit ships. With the AA it's still hitting planes behind the islands regardless of what the person said earlier it was fixed, it still isn't. The purpose behind the update was to make it more realistic, AA through islands isn't realistic at all when you have your main guns not getting through but, AA at a smaller caliber can. Makes no sense at all. Still makes a waste of planes for attacking. 

Edited by Darkness9911

[SLDS]
Members
223 posts
On 1/30/2019 at 11:40 PM, ObiphanKenobi said:

but but but but ........ bot secondaries stop shooting when they are behind island and cant see you on the other side of the island, or even if they hydro you. The idea is the island block ........ aa working as secondaries mechanic .. BUT THEY KEEP FLAKING when planes are on the other sides of the island

That's because the secondaries actually fire projectiles in game.  AA doesn't.  It merely spawns its auras at various ranges spread out marginally by statistics based on the RNG.  I'm going to guess that firing projectiles for AA was too complicated, though even the pre 0.8 versions didn't actually fire anything.  It was all just a graphical illusion with each ship producing a cone-shaped aura of a finite length.  If a plane touched it, it took damage.  The deeper into the aura you were, the more damage the plane took.  You might have noticed that secondaries don't actually stop firing at you when you're behind an island if you're the only one in range, otherwise both mains and secondaries look for other targets.  The current system apparently reuses the old aura spawn system with torii sections (donut slices for you non-Mathematicians) instead of cones for long and medium range and retains the old cone based system for short range.

[MASSD]
Members
457 posts
24,761 battles

planes get shredded ?  next time leave the cruisers alone they Are the only thing that can shoot down planes at this point . This patch as well as all Cvs need to be completely eliminated . All they did was make CVs even more OP by down grading everybody's AA capabilities . They need to drop the Cvs torp ranges to 1 KM to even give the DDs a chance now and buff DDs AA spec by 500 % They have turned this into World of Warplanes 

Edited by Capt_Q_Sparrow

Sign in to follow this