Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xPapa_Smurfx

CVs were the death of surface combat, and they still are

14 comments in this topic

Members
306 posts
4,777 battles

4 games tonight, after the initial CV plane rush, which got me shot in the face in the first 30 seconds of the game, they simply started circling at max detection range.  They don't need to keep me permanently spotted, intermittent is fine because his team mates just line up for the insta delete.  All of my teams melted like butter.  Every game is effectively over in the first four minutes.  Once a team uses the massive advantage in IRS&T (intelligence, reconnaissance, surveillance, and targeting) that carriers bring, the other team is helpless.  CVs simply allow one side or the other to "Strike Effectively First" and if that isn't your side then you lose.  It makes the game unfun very quickly.

CVs are the masters of the sea because they can do what surface ships can't.  They can scout massive swaths of ocean in minutes.  They can show a team not just where the enemy is, but where they aren't.  They can strike at a time and place of their choosing.  They can easily disengage if over matched. 

Please just recognize this WG.  CVs made surface combat an afterthought because they were too good at everything a surface combatant can't do.  Surface combat existed after CVs came into being, but only when and where the CVs weren't around.  I absolutely assure you that 95% of your player base won't care one bit if you got rid of CVs entirely.

• Cool 3

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,635 posts
6,793 battles

#HistoricallyAccurate  :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF5]
Members
2,151 posts
2,822 battles

Yeah, but while he was circling around you he wasn't doing anything. Yesterday he could do that and delete your BBs at the same time. And relying on teammates in this game only works so long.

And they're not killing surface combat. I had a CV going after me all game. I ignored him while I nearly matched my damage record. We still lost, but that was all down to the lack of team, just as usual nothing to do with CVs.

You just need to get used to playing with a CV.

[-PF-]
Members
1 post
3,978 battles

I am a DD main and after today I am not sure I will play again. The last game I was spotted by planes 90% of the time. This mod has taken all the fun out of playing DD's for me.

• Cool 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,533 posts
4,679 battles

oh look who back, we missed your posts

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles

Was watching a WG employee stream tonight. My impression was the CV wasn't doing a tremendous amount of damage, but was able to constantly harass a choosen boat. Felt bad for the target cause their game play was playing Dodge ball. Yes AA was punishing but she always could pop another flight. If this is WG vision for the future, a run and gun game, it's not for me.

[TARK]
Members
245 posts
2,720 battles
22 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, but while he was circling around you he wasn't doing anything. Yesterday he could do that and delete your BBs at the same time. And relying on teammates in this game only works so long.

And they're not killing surface combat. I had a CV going after me all game. I ignored him while I nearly matched my damage record. We still lost, but that was all down to the lack of team, just as usual nothing to do with CVs.

You just need to get used to playing with a CV.

You were totally in a DD weren't you.  I bet you were.  lol...

[WOLF5]
Members
681 posts
13,442 battles

Gunpowder changed the way war was waged.

CV's changed the way naval war was waged. 

Trying to balance a Naval game in the WWII era with CV's is a fool's errand. 

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
23 minutes ago, UtterMayhem said:

I am a DD main and after today I am not sure I will play again. The last game I was spotted by planes 90% of the time. This mod has taken all the fun out of playing DD's for me.

I played a game in a YY today, was never spotted before I attacked both their cv's, also shot down 2 planes, before sinking both enemy cv's. 

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles
4 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

Meteorites changed the way dinosaur war was waged.

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
277 posts
5,216 battles
5 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

Trying to balance a Naval game in the WWII era with CV's is a fool's errand. 

Exactly, which is why they should not even try. Either give players a way to OPT OUT of CV play or remove them entirely.  I for one will not continue to play this game in its current form. Its not fun.

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
20 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Exactly, which is why they should not even try. Either give players a way to OPT OUT of CV play or remove them entirely.  I for one will not continue to play this game in its current form. Its not fun.

Well you'll be happy to know plenty of balancing and changes will happen in the next 2+ months. 

Members
80 posts
7,548 battles

WG needs to either wind back the damage CVs can do to you or get rid of the multi drop from 1 squadron idea.

Half your h/p goes in 1 hit then planes circle around to strike you straight away and hits you for the rest of your h/p before you can even change direction.

Also now you can`t focus your AA guns on the planes any more and the planes can still attack you from OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDARY of the map!

I didn`t think there was anything wrong with CVs as they were before, so is this CV rework, which no one asked for, a reward for an ex CV player who now spreads their cheeks at WG?

R.I.P WoWs 2019

Sign in to follow this