Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

Juliet Charlie Signal is not right

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
136 posts
2,832 battles

Juliet Charlie Signal is not right it says it stops you from having detonations well I do not think its working,  every time and I mean every time I use it that ship gets a hit of over 3/4 to 7/8 every time.    now I can see 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 but when u put the signal on it says NO detonation and every one of them get a detonation well something is wrong.    anyone else seeing this with this signal???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[KRAK]
Members
2,402 posts
16,482 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

Do you have any flags mounted that give a +5% to det? If so those override the no det flag.

No they do not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[KRAK]
Members
2,402 posts
16,482 battles
8 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Juliet Charlie Signal is not right it says it stops you from having detonations well I do not think its working,  every time and I mean every time I use it that ship gets a hit of over 3/4 to 7/8 every time.    now I can see 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 but when u put the signal on it says NO detonation and every one of them get a detonation well something is wrong.    anyone else seeing this with this signal???

 

Never had a detonation using that flag even if I run the two other flags that give 5 pct chance to detonate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,723
[WOLF7]
Members
11,571 posts

Everyone says this, but no one ever posts video proof.....:cap_look:

And Vaffu is correct, JC negates any possibility of a det....

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
874
[FML]
Members
2,530 posts
12,050 battles
11 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Juliet Charlie Signal is not right it says it stops you from having detonations well I do not think its working,  every time and I mean every time I use it that ship gets a hit of over 3/4 to 7/8 every time.    now I can see 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 but when u put the signal on it says NO detonation and every one of them get a detonation well something is wrong.    anyone else seeing this with this signal???

 

The flag works as intended.  It prevents your ammunition from detonating, destroying your ship in a glorious explosion. 

 

It doesnt prevent you from taking damage.  That would obviously be OP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,284
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,483 posts
15,370 battles

@crickethunter_brown If you are flying the no detonation signal and are getting blown away easily you are receiving a devastating strike and/or citadel hits! YOU ARE NOT GETTING DETONATED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
136 posts
2,832 battles

I do not mind taking damage, but it said no detonation (go on and read it) before it was a reduced number got the same reaction and now it says NO det. and used it 2 times (just before I got on to post) and got destroyed both times with detonations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
849 posts
14,844 battles
18 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

and what would be the difference (grumy munky) that is why u put the signal on is't it

The difference is in reading comprehension.

It says it prevents detonations. You put it on to prevent detonations because that is what it does.

It does not stop you from dying to multiple citadel hits, torpedo strikes or anything else that can cause a devastating strike because that is not a detonation.

Edited by grumpymunky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,906 battles
15 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I do not mind taking damage, but it said no detonation (go on and read it) before it was a reduced number got the same reaction and now it says NO det. and used it 2 times (just before I got on to post) and got destroyed both times with detonations.

Please post a picture of moment you died, with both the kill feed and the flags on your ship visible. A replay would be even better.

Every time someone says they have been detonated with the det flag flying, they never post screen shots. It is after a major patch, so it could happen, but I'm not gonna believe it without some proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
136 posts
2,832 battles

no its not comprehension its what he hen is the signal for if to not stop citidels??     if A flag is to slow flooding then u would slow the flooding of the ship!    if its to stop detonations then tell me what the hen it does and I will stop ([edited] ) other wise i'm going to post it and see if anyone else is having the prob good greef dang trollers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[WOLF5]
Members
681 posts
13,429 battles
56 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Juliet Charlie Signal is not right it says it stops you from having detonations well I do not think its working,  every time and I mean every time I use it that ship gets a hit of over 3/4 to 7/8 every time.    now I can see 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 but when u put the signal on it says NO detonation and every one of them get a detonation well something is wrong.    anyone else seeing this with this signal???

 

Replay please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,100
[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,754 battles
35 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I do not mind taking damage, but it said no detonation (go on and read it) before it was a reduced number got the same reaction and now it says NO det. and used it 2 times (just before I got on to post) and got destroyed both times with detonations.

Replays or it didn't happen.

 

 

4 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

no its not comprehension its what he hen is the signal for if to not stop citidels??     if A flag is to slow flooding then u would slow the flooding of the ship!    if its to stop detonations then tell me what the hen it does and I will stop ([edited] ) other wise i'm going to post it and see if anyone else is having the prob good greef dang trollers.

 

It doesn't stop citadel damage. It stops your magazines from exploding catastrophically taking your whole ship down.

If you didn't get a detonation achievement, then you didn't get detonated. Simple as that. You just got hit hard enough that you took more damage than you had hit points remaining. It's possible for that to happen without getting detonated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,906 battles
9 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

no its not comprehension its what he hen is the signal for if to not stop citidels??     if A flag is to slow flooding then u would slow the flooding of the ship!    if its to stop detonations then tell me what the hen it does and I will stop ([edited] ) other wise i'm going to post it and see if anyone else is having the prob good greef dang trollers.

No, it does not stop citadels. It stops detonations.

A citadel is when a shell penetrates and deals damage to your ship's most valuable spots. It deals 100% of the shell's listed damage every time. They hurt like hell, but one citadel is not enough to sink a ship most of the time. No flag changes this in any way.

A detonation is when your ammo storage takes damage and sets off a chain reaction, sinking the ship instantly. It can only happen when the ship is below 75% health, and is not survivable. That is what the flag stops.

Also, @DocWalker, detonating a ship does give the dev strike award to the ship that scored the hit, as long as the victim had over 50% health left. A detonation will always have it's own signal in the kill feed (the only way to tell in co-op), and give the detonation achievement in the right game modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
524
[WOLFC]
Members
1,215 posts
8,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Also, @DocWalker, detonating a ship does give the dev strike award to the ship that scored the hit, as long as the victim had over 50% health left. A detonation will always have it's own signal in the kill feed (the only way to tell in co-op), and give the detonation achievement in the right game modes.

Thanks for catching that ... not sure what I was thinking there, been up too long I guess.  I'll correct that part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,906 battles
9 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Thanks for catching that ... not sure what I was thinking there, been up too long I guess.  I'll correct that part.

NP.

Considering all the mechanic changes going on, I wouldn't be surprised if that suddenly became true in 8.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×