Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Elisabeth

AA mounts should repair over time

5 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
5,573 posts
5,756 battles

I feel like this is only fair. Most of these mountings are enormously fragile - if a cruiser targets a battleship with HE for about 60 seconds, they can pretty much neutralize the BB's ability to beat back air attacks.

Meanwhile, in news you likely haven't read anywhere before, carriers now have infinite planes. Yes - you heard it here first, folks.

While I don't believe AA mounts should be invulnerable, some kind of HOT being innately built into them now seems not only fair, but entirely necessary. If the carriers suffer only "temporary setbacks" by losing a squadron, the same should be true of the vessels so desperately trying to fight them off.

Sauce for the goose.

Edited by Battleship_AndreaDoria

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,952 posts

Mount the slot one AA module for AA survivability and pick reduced module damage as a T1 captain skill (not 100% that affects AA.)

Beta Testers
1,581 posts
8,025 battles

While I believed regenerating mounts will be good, I think it would have to be paired with a nerf to AA mount HP if it were to go through.

I've played several games in BBs after taking the AA mount survivability mod, and ended the game with 90%+ effectiveness of all my mounts.  However I'm sure a lot of this is due to the meta shift.  I'm seeing a lot less long range BBQ'ing going on in games, and more active breakthroughs. Also a lot more time spent dodging that lowers everyone's DPM.  Also, for some reason there's a glut of Buffalos in queue.  I mean, I get it, she's an AA boat but...  Buffalo?  I hardly saw them before the rework!  Either way there's a lot more CAs these days, so not as much HE spam from them either.  

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles

No. CVs have infinite planes and you have infinite ammo. Deal with it.

Sign in to follow this