You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Report_CVs

DD mains are in trouble. I had no counter to rockets.

255 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles

EDIT: I am speaking about Very Good CV players. Average CV players are not as much as a concern, but the danger is still there. Please keep this in mind.

In the first 3 minutes i get zeroed in by Aircraft. I was near a balti.... I get rocketed for 4k, 3k, then 4k again. I was even in a yugumo which has excellent dodging ability. Only then did i DCP. I lost 2k~ due to holding DCP. 

18,650 - 4k, 3k, 4k, 2k= 5,650. This is all i had to make a impact. I still managed to place #1 and lose. 

https://imgur.com/a/0uSyZa8

What do i do as a DD main, I was even near a Baltimore...... 

I cant contest Caps. 

Also, I saw a 1/2 plane squad return to a CV, immediately launch with a full complement of planes. I thought there was a penalty when losing planes. 

If my sig is any indication. I was first place the last 4 games (the only 5 games i played) and have a 0% winrate... 

Something is wrong, non AA DDs now are not worth taking....

I think the only way to beat this is to play cvs.... Is that what Wargaming wanted? 

EDIT:

Played a game as a Dolphin Princess Groz build that doesn't rely on range/concealment as much as other dds. 

I put up a better fight against cv's, and still managed to do damage and (badly) Attempt to contest/deny caps. I even had a ZR guy on my team, also in a Groz. (We both +1 each other, and tried our best. We got zoned out)

But ultimately, the combination of enemy long range cruisers (zao) and the cv beat my sustain and DCP timing.

I did also manage to be in 1st place. We still lose due to me not being able to get close enough to contest caps safely. 

If i was not at full speed, id open myself up to CV attack, If i stopped firing (in my opinion) means we lost since i was zoned out of caps. 

I tried to be the center of attention to keep the CV on me, but ultimately the CV won by denying the one ship type next to other CV's that influence the game the most. DDs. 

Metashift for dds will be: Groz, Gearing > Strong AA boats>Boats not reliant on concealment>IJN torpedo/Other DDs. Sucks some boat lines will be useless now :\ 

Edited by Super_Hentai_AP
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Members
1,990 posts
78 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

In the first 3 minutes i get zeroed in by Aircraft. I was near a DM.... I get rocketed for 4k, 3k, then 4k again. Only then did i DCP. I lost 2k~ due to holding DCP. 

What do i do as a DD main, I was even near a DM...... 

I cant contest Caps. 

You don't contest caps at the start of the match.

• Cool 2

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

You don't contest caps at the start of the match.

Dude. I dont think you have the credentials to assume.

I was baiting a radar of a cap so i could go contest. 

• Cool 3

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

Today was a pretty sizable shift in the meta and it will take some time for all that to settle.  In the interim we are hyperfocused on feedback and data from battles.  Definitely hang in there and continue to share your experience with us.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
Just now, Radar_X said:

Today was a pretty sizable shift in the meta and it will take some time for all that to settle.  In the interim we are hyperfocused on feedback and data from battles.  Definitely hang in there and continue to share your experience with us.

I certainly hope so. 

Its not very fun for me as a dd only player. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

Dude. I dont think you have the credentials to assume.

I was baiting a radar of a cap so i could go contest. 

First off,  if you can't tell an alt account then thats on you.  Dude or dudette uses that as a public face, no idea why.

Second off,  CV's have reserves that allow for some slack.  The Kaga is the only CV I can think of that can launch two full flights from the get go,  everyone else has to either have planes land or wait for a decent chunk of time.  You can also launch an undermanned flight group out for less potential damage.

Finally looking at your numbers,  you are doing fine.  So you're complaining because...your team lost?

• Cool 1

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,593 battles
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

And if the experience was so bad today you never wish to touch the game again? How are you going to collect data when your running players away? this was not ready for the live server at all yet it was crammed up everyone's backside regardless

• Cool 4

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,215 posts
7,773 battles
10 minutes ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

What do i do as a DD main

Play AA Groz.

• Cool 3

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
Just now, Palladia said:

First off,  if you can't tell an alt account then thats on you.  Dude or dudette uses that as a public face, no idea why.

Second off,  CV's have reserves that allow for some slack.  The Kaga is the only CV I can think of that can launch two full flights from the get go,  everyone else has to either have planes land or wait for a decent chunk of time.  You can also launch an undermanned flight group out for less potential damage.

Finally looking at your numbers,  you are doing fine.  So you're complaining because...your team lost?

This is my only account. I watched a lot of videos to get where I am at now, dont assume. Yes thats my face. 

i saw a squadron of dive bombers land, then take off full squadron all in 20~ seconds? 

Im complaining because the past 4 games ive had ive tried my hardest to make plays and win the game, but I cannot due to Rockets that takeout about 60% of my HP before i can do anything. Of course as a decent player i can make it work no matter my HP, but that means my end game will be bad, i cannot trade HP for plays. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Play AA Groz.

I played one, it manged average.  

I had Sustain to counter rocket attacks, and DFAA. But I still had to worry about a CV on my butt the entire game. 

I switched to a DP Build because if im going to be harassed and spotted all game i might as well do damage at all times.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
11,215 battles
3 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Play AA Groz.

Ooooo...that's a BINGO!

[NDA]
Supertester
5,182 posts
15,384 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Play AA Groz.

I had limited success with the Groz. The T8 Carrier lost planes the T10 Carrier laughed at my AA. Heck I had a Hak fly a squad of attack aircraft over my Mino that pre 0.8.0 would have wrecked his planes but now post 0.8.0 I didn't shot down one. I even had the sector correctly selected. 

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

This is my only account. I watched a lot of videos to get where I am at now, dont assume. Yes thats my face. 

i saw a squadron of dive bombers land, then take off full squadron all in 20~ seconds? 

Im complaining because the past 4 games ive had ive tried my hardest to make plays and win the game, but I cannot due to Rockets that takeout about 60% of my HP before i can do anything. Of course as a decent player i can make it work no matter my HP, but that means my end game will be bad, i cannot trade HP for plays. 

You have other players on your team and the enemy DDs have to deal with the same thing.  You are acting like its 1v1 you vs the CV.  I highly doubt rocket planes attacking you is why you lost those games.

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
1 minute ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

You have other players on your team and the enemy DDs have to deal with the same thing.  You are acting like its 1v1 you vs the CV.  I highly doubt rocket planes attacking you is why you lost those games.

1 minute ago, alex08060 said:

Need to AA spec your ship

Most DD builds i play are AA specced already. 

I mean, maybe the CV was using the stats mod, but once i was spotted he beelined for me. 

I mean hes not wrong, killing enemy dds will make the game substantially easier to win 

[CWGC]
Members
819 posts
2,607 battles

i dont get it OP? i played 5 games so far in DD's t-61 and kitikaze, no issues what so ever

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
14 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Looking forward to the official response on AA and it's current power.

Edited by The_Painted_Target
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,856 posts

I'd your getting hit then it's you.

Cv suck now. They cant aim. They cant do damage. A good game is 50k

And besides dd plays have Ben whininy about that for years.

L

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,330 posts
12,155 battles

There's literally no counterplay against rockets for DDs that have no AA.

It's kinda sad, really, because a DD with full AA build is more than formidable against aircraft.

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
3,642 battles
20 minutes ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

In the first 3 minutes i get zeroed in by Aircraft. I was near a DM.... I get rocketed for 4k, 3k, then 4k again. I was even in a yugumo which has excellent dodging ability. Only then did i DCP. I lost 2k~ due to holding DCP. 

18,650 - 4k, 3k, 4k, 2k= 5,650. This is all i had to make a impact. I still managed to place #1 and lose. 

https://imgur.com/a/0uSyZa8

What do i do as a DD main, I was even near a DM...... 

I cant contest Caps. 

Also, I saw a 1/2 plane squad return to a CV, immediately launch with a full complement of planes. I thought there was a penalty when losing planes. 

If my sig is any indication. I was first place the last 4 games (the only 5 games i played) and have a 0% winrate... 

Something is wrong.

I think the only way to beat this is to play cvs.... Is that what Wargaming wanted? 

I would try playing Asashio or something with standoff Torps. I have had decent success in it, since often you have 6 juicy targets. Still got watch out for spotters and radar but hide and seek is decently fun. They have to fix the perma spot mechanic - with 2 CV's it is tough. I moved up down to 16K torps to try and get a bit faster hits. 

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

I'd your getting hit then it's you.

Cv suck now. They cant aim. They cant do damage. A good game is 50k

And besides dd plays have Ben whininy about that for years.

L

You try playing a DD thats trying to play the objective, kill enemy dds, ward off planes, and bait radar/hydro. 

Im not perfect, but when i saw the planes coming i tried my best to dodge rockets. 

[TNG]
Members
873 posts
3,827 battles
3 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

I would try playing Asashio or something with standoff Torps. I have had decent success in it, since often you have 6 juicy targets. Still got watch out for spotters and radar but hide and seek is decently fun. They have to fix the perma spot mechanic - with 2 CV's it is tough. I moved up down to 16K torps to try and get a bit faster hits. 

The asashio is best played using its 5.4 concealment to cap, and torp closer than its 20km range. Sitting back in a DD with that kind of concealment is a detriment to the team. You could even mitigate its bad guns with captain skills. But at that point, why not play a cossack or lightning. 

And, asashio has extremely bad AA. 

Edited by Super_Hentai_AP
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,856 posts
1 minute ago, Super_Hentai_AP said:

You try playing a DD thats trying to play the objective, kill enemy dds, ward off planes, and bait radar/hydro. 

Im not perfect, but when i saw the planes coming i tried my best to dodge rockets. 

Cv sucks. You cant hit anything. Aiming sucks. If your your getting hit in a dd then its on you.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,380 posts
3,052 battles
20 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So much negativity for a change people asked for for as long as I can remember. +1 for trying. I know it must be rough to be a moderator today

• Cool 2