You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TitanAxios

Poll on 8.0 patch

Poll on 8.0 patch  

669 members have voted

1. 1. Undo CV Re-Work?

178 comments in this topic

[DETN8]
Members
91 posts
14,253 battles

The purpose of this poll is to gauge the community's response to the CV re-work in the 8.0 patch. Feel free to post feedback/comments on the CV re-work.

Edited by TitanAxios
  • Cool 3

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,351 battles

Greetings:

I could not provide feedback for the CVs because WOWS no longer seems to run on my Mac Computer.  My last games were a few hours before the transition from a playable 7.12 to a non-functioning 8.x.

NJRoc

macmade-.gif.fc0c189a96d7a4dc876acc39e7a1ee1e.gif

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,927 posts
9,406 battles

It's here, it's staying (likely). The visual effects are good. Puts you more in the cockpit perspective rather than the bridge perspective. Having to relearn CV play will be a must if you wish to continue playing. The first thing I did after downloading the 8.0 release was take the Langley to Co-op. Big learning curve. Had to make several passes at DD's to fire rockets. Kept waiting to long to shoot. Dive bombers a little slower but after a couple tries I was putting bombs on target, BB's being the easiest. Torpedo bombers being the slowest and the hardest to learn to get torps into ships. Still need more practice. I was surprised at how little damage I did, however it will get better with time. Randoms will be more of a challenge. Zig zagging ships will be the hardest to hit. I did notice some torpedo drops a torpedo would occasionally go wonk, don't know if that is part of the torpedo drop now, I imagine it is. Some torpedo dispersion.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

Not enough time to process the CV rework. Currently voting "No" because I need to experience more games.

• Cool 1

[NAILD]
Members
99 posts
202 battles

One thing I don't like about it is... I love using torpedo planes and I can only launch two.

Members
619 posts
7,247 battles

Indifferent here.  Games were all lopsided blowouts wins or losses didn't matter.  If anything has been changed so far it's that players seem a bit more timid than they already were but that could pass as players adapt to the changes and realize they aren't that significant other than cv play.  Once you get used to keeping your aa sectors on the right side, it's pretty much business as usual.

Edited by Malamute_Kid
  • Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,265 posts
8,187 battles

I mean I'm not a fan but it's been live barely 12 hours, how can you make an educated decision at this point?

• Cool 6

[DETN8]
Members
44 posts
18,794 battles

Worse patch I've ever seen released (in any game) heads should roll at WG.... this is a f'n insult to the player base, and especially to those that have made a substantial financial investment into this game.  Won't spend another cent on this game.

My gripes in no specific order:

AA is inconsistent at best, one minute it shoots down all planes.... the next nothing.

Keep getting this loud gun fire sounds behind me, but no ships are actually behind me.

CV's aircraft keep everything spotted, and make it across the map in no time.

Who thought it would be a good idea to allow two CV's per team, are u f'n kidding me....?!?!?!?!?!

How long do these idiots expect us to deal with this?

Edited by o0_sTiCk_0o
  • Cool 21

Members
568 posts
1,246 battles

You guys are wrong. This patch is amazing and has increased the fun of matches a great deal. I intend to spend even more money on the game.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[SIM]
Members
3,611 posts
5,746 battles

It's deeply flawed in some respects, but it's already the best CV system that the game has ever had.

• Cool 5

[B_Y_F]
Members
90 posts
7,515 battles

God. my impression of CV rework in co-op: AA is already too strong, my planes die so quickly. I can't do damage even if i hit some ships. This rework is TERRIBLE. 

• Cool 2

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
40 posts
16,433 battles

I'm vocal on being hostile to the rework based on my experiences with it.

1) DD's are near-perma spotted if one of your (multiple) CV's has some functional neurons. This is especially compounded by the concealment "bug" being well.. buggered up pretty bad and screwing up the gun-and-run

2) DD's can be wiped from the match in very short order; again, if you apply the skills of a middle schooler, or well, any twitchy FPS gamer, you can time the rocket attacks to consistently disable and out-DCP the DD's into obsolesce. Not farming much damage, but wipe the DD's and it's game-set-match

3) AA Nerfage, the AA mod 2 and AFT skill are little value add, case in point; Atlanta - 54 AA rating (not captain'd), range of 5.9.  Wooster is now 6.9 vs 8.4.

4) A potato can still potato. You will still have those barely sentient CV players (a lot of them) that think they are doing awesome and know what to do, but average <30K dmg at T6+ and will never hunt/spot a DD the whole match. A competent CV will grind that team to dust by going back to my points 1 and 2. The losing side CV thinks that being alive at the end of the match justifies their playstyle. As such, these tend to be blow-outs. 

The meta in general has shifted to "camp in the spawn area, huddle up, and take pot shots at the DD's in their spawn area). Your effectively perma-spotted (as BB) once you shoot and/or their CV is doing anything. Unless in ranked, CE has no use anymore. So maybe this was a way to move people off playing tactically.

Edited by SPAPtasticles
  • Cool 5

[LEGIT]
Members
1,009 posts
7,676 battles

Lol. Do you really think that WG will disgard the Rework after they put so much time (1+ year) in it? Nope. Whether you beg squirm or complain, nothing will change

• Boring 1

[DETN8]
Members
91 posts
14,253 battles

I've enjoyed playing this game ... up to now. The CV re-work is a major paradigm shift in play style, especially for CV players. First time in a long time I logged off without bothering to collect my second free crate for the day because I just didn't want to play the game. Major fail.

• Cool 11

Members
3 posts
17,609 battles

i have played nearly 15000 matches, I have never posted a comment, do not care for cv play period. Version 8.0 has made the game nearly unplayable in any ship type. The additional detection range added to ca and bb's along with to the 2 cv arrangement creates a situation where no ship can go undetected for any amount of time. Fix this horrible patch

• Cool 8

[DETN8]
Members
91 posts
14,253 battles
12 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Lol. Do you really think that WG will disgard the Rework after they put so much time (1+ year) in it? Nope. Whether you beg squirm or complain, nothing will change

WG will do what's in their best interest in terms of their bottom line. If the player base starts to shrink after WG spent years building it up (and based on the poll results in this thread thus far it's a distinct possibility), then yes they will undo what has been done. Also note that the point you made undermines your own argument. The game was changed because of player feedback.

Edited by TitanAxios
  • Cool 3

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
410 posts
8,071 battles
Just now, TitanAxios said:

I've enjoyed playing this game ... up to now. The CV re-work is a major paradigm shift in play style, especially for CV players. First time in a long time I logged off without bothering to collect my second free crate for the day because I just didn't want to play the game. Major fail.

I've never had a WoWS update before where I actually really hated playing the game.  Even when they nerfed all my favorite ships by removing stealthfiring, I relearned how to play and enjoyed it still.  But this, this is just too many crappy changes.  Playing WoWS today was a negative experience and a waste of time, and I intend to cut back on my playing if not stop.  It just is not fun anymore. 

• Cool 11

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
28 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I mean I'm not a fan but it's been live barely 12 hours, how can you make an educated decision at this point?

you imply the votes are educated....

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 minute ago, Hanger_18 said:

you imply the votes are educated....

If I didn't know better, I'd think we got warped onto the WoW (World of Warcraft) forums...they act like this 12 hours after a patch drops, too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
5 minutes ago, LegoGenius16 said:

I've never had a WoWS update before where I actually really hated playing the game.  Even when they nerfed all my favorite ships by removing stealthfiring, I relearned how to play and enjoyed it still.  But this, this is just too many crappy changes.  Playing WoWS today was a negative experience and a waste of time, and I intend to cut back on my playing if not stop.  It just is not fun anymore. 

stealth fire game play was equivalent to duck hunt

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles

I went to a restaurant with the CV rework and it didn't order anything but it kept eating off of my plate.

• Funny 2

[NKVD]
Members
5 posts
4,840 battles

Not a huge fan...we'll see how it plays out. The occasional bad game with a redstats CV is better than two high tier CVs on both sides. They made the game even more passive