You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

AA poll

Is AA too strong or too weak?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is AA too strong or too weak?

• Too Strong
    • Too Weak
    • Just right
    • Too Strong on some ships too Weak on others

7 comments in this topic

[ADR]
Members
880 posts
6,416 battles

I didn't vote because the option I would pick wasn't there. Which is we need more data and it will likely need to be tweaked. I think it is to early to say it is to good or bad, for a variety of reason. As cv players get better at avoiding flak bursts they will lose fewer planes.

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
2 minutes ago, Koschka said:

I didn't vote because the option I would pick wasn't there. Which is we need more data and it will likely need to be tweaked. I think it is to early to say it is to good or bad, for a variety of reason. As cv players get better at avoiding flak bursts they will lose fewer planes.

Nah,  that ain't it.  As people learn when to send their planes back to prevent a wipe of the squadron,  THEN people will start losing fewer planes.  And even then I say that hesitatingly,  since you sometimes don't have any other option then to attack an AA heavy ship and that puts you at the mercy of a lot of flak clouds that you're going to have a hard time dodging.

...Zeppelin and her super fast planes not withstanding.  Just step on the gas and laugh.

[HINON]
Members
10,783 posts
4 minutes ago, Koschka said:

This ^ 

At times it seems really nasty and other times I seem to play around it successfully.  More balancing needed for sure but I need more battles to feel out each tier and differences against different ships in particular.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,186 posts
15,384 battles

AA depends. My Minotaur which shredded all planes before 0.8.0 can only shred planes from T8 Carriers. My Minotaur AA does next to nothing against T10 planes. 

And don't get me started on how stupid the sector select interface is. Give me back Control + Click, such a more simplified system. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,370 posts
19,664 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

And don't get me started on how stupid the sector select interface is. Give me back Control + Click, such a more simplified system. 

This^^^

WG wanted to make things simpler and give players more ‘control,’ and with AA it’s a big fat goose egg.

’Simpler/better’ would have been changing to the flak cloud burst damage and steady chip damage, and leaving the click to focus fire alone.

Maybe they’d say it’s so CVs can run the unengaged side as a tactic, but to me it’s just an over complicated pita.

[EGO]
Members
3,586 posts
41 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

My main complaint about it is that it is really easy for BBs to manage and they have monstrous levels of AA now. I'm literally protecting Cruisers from planes with my BBs now. You set the sector at the start of the game and maybe change it 2-4 times all battle. DDs however have very little AA and they have change it constantly.

Feels a bit like the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.