Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
orangeandblue

Manual Fire Control for AA Armament skill basically lost benefit?

9 comments in this topic

Members
431 posts
5,066 battles

Just a general observation what few games of 8.0 I've played so far, I have captains with the Manual Fire Control for AA Armament skill and captains that don't on BB's that have good to above average AA. Having the skill or not didn't seem to make a huge difference. I understand it basically only gives a 20% reduction in time to switch sides which are reinforced and 20% to "reinforcement efficiency" whatever that means...  What has everyone else experienced with this? Curious. Thanks.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,785 posts
9,443 battles

It just increases AA damage on one half of the ship at expense of the other.

My experience is it's generally meh at best. Probably better off getting AFT or BFT for extra flak bursts.

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,485 posts
8,156 battles

press ` or o and it allows you to reinforce a side for your AA. When used correctly with MAA this is the biggest boost to your AA that you can get from a captain skill.

Members
1,155 posts
8,077 battles

I have MAA on my kidd/sims captain and while it seems to work I'm not sure it's worth 4 points anymore.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles

I specced into it on my Nueve de Julio.  Small sample size from this morning when I had AFT instead, but my AA seemed less effective.  I might try to set up my Boise with AFT so I can compare directly to AFT instead.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,231 posts
7,966 battles

AA feels completely arbitrary, with or without captain skills, and especially when flying into it.

Members
27 posts
5,968 battles

Well IMHO it has made the AA priority captain skill defunct, particularly for the Hood that has AA rockets that fired in close when you were able to priority select an AA squad of bombers etc.. now post 08.0 in three battles even after selecting a priority sector they DO NOT FIRE AT ALL and my aircraft shot down count has dropped significantly. That is a FAIL for this ship. They need to rework this or recompense us somehow.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
417 posts
4,395 battles

None of the AA skills are worth the points anymore. You either have AA or you don’t, and the CV either knows how to dodge flak or doesn’t. 

Members
27 posts
5,968 battles
13 minutes ago, PG908 said:

None of the AA skills are worth the points anymore. You either have AA or you don’t, and the CV either knows how to dodge flak or doesn’t.  

So was any of this picked up in the beta testing or was it a just see how we go..?

Sign in to follow this