Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

I know I'm farming for downvotes but I don't are

41 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles

The CV population will decline.

The new CV playstyle actually reduces overall CV damage.

The number of CVs per battle will reduce as soon as people who don't play CV normally realize the first two.

Seriously.....calm down people.

• Cool 17
  • Boring 2

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles

Out of votes at the moment, but I hope you are right. Id love for this to finally be the death knell of CVs in this game.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles

Absolutely incorrect,  and shortsighted at that.  The new style of CV gameplay is much closer in line with how the rest of the game functions,  its no longer a COMPLETE gameplay change to use one.  More people will play the new CV's because the system is more approachable and considerably more fun to a larger group of people.

The numbers WILL fall off,  this is the new shiney thing and everyone wants to try it.  But at the end of the day when the numbers settle out we'll have a good chunk more people playing CV's then we do currently on live.  No amount of whining or stomping your feet or doom and gloom is going to change that.

• Cool 4

[PQUOD]
Members
1,925 posts
9,406 battles
6 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Absolutely incorrect,  and shortsighted at that.  The new style of CV gameplay is much closer in line with how the rest of the game functions,  its no longer a COMPLETE gameplay change to use one.  More people will play the new CV's because the system is more approachable and considerably more fun to a larger group of people.

The numbers WILL fall off,  this is the new shiney thing and everyone wants to try it.  But at the end of the day when the numbers settle out we'll have a good chunk more people playing CV's then we do currently on live.  No amount of whining or stomping your feet or doom and gloom is going to change that.

It depends on if after the smoke clears, the CV settles into a less rewarding ship or if enough people pick it up and find a way to make it profitable game wise to play. This is just the start, let's wait and see.

I am in the camp of I hope it works. I'd be disappointed if it completely goes away.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,858 posts

I think you'll actually see tweaks to CV play if numbers fall off too much... they have a lot of resources on this bet, unlikely they're willing to fold. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
2 minutes ago, Palladia said:

LOL well Ms Cleo how bout some lotto numbers? 

I expect the numbers of players using carriers to increase as they try them out AND play the new carrier campaign. Once it all settles down, I doubt the numbers of people playing cvs to be much more than it was before the rework. The people most affected are those of us who played carriers prior to the rework and if Wargaming's numbers are right, going to lose 70% of those. There is a lot of catching up to do before anyone can say with certainty that carrier player population is going to increase in anything other than the short term. 

[PQUOD]
Members
1,925 posts
9,406 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I think you'll actually see tweaks to CV play if numbers fall off too much... they have a lot of resources on this bet, unlikely they're willing to fold. 

Very true. How'd you liked to have been a fly on the wall when this was first being brought up in meetings. Or the ongoing process. Lots of work, lots of stress, lots of "are we there yet?" Lol

Glad WG works hard to produce good games.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Funny 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Very true. How'd you liked to have been a fly on the wall when this was first being brought up in meetings. Or the ongoing process. Lots of work, lots if stress, lots of "are we there yet?" Lol

Glad WG works hard to produce good games.

Dude, you forgot your /sarcasm tag at the end of that. I can tell you that, from being here since beta for WOWS and 7.9ish for WOT, that is exactly not the case by any standard.  They make gorgeous looking, excellent sounding, smooth running games - but have zero clue how to introduce 'balance' while pursuing 'realism' in any stretch.   Despite the fanbase endlessly complaining about exactly that.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

Folks we know today has been a big one for a lot of people.  Emotions have run high, massive change is still being absorbed, and concerns are numerous.

It's the first day and it's going to take a little longer for both you guys to adjust to the new meta and for us to gather enough data for next steps.  I don't think there is anyone at WG who is currently high fiving each other and calling it a job well done.  We understand there is more to do and we are committed to doing it.  

• Cool 4

Members
10 posts
3,927 battles
3 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Dude, you forgot your /sarcasm tag at the end of that. I can tell you that, from being here since beta for WOWS and 7.9ish for WOT, that is exactly not the case by any standard.  They make gorgeous looking, excellent sounding, smooth running games - but have zero clue how to introduce 'balance' while pursuing 'realism' in any stretch.   Despite the fanbase endlessly complaining about exactly that.

100% agree with this statement.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,925 posts
9,406 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

Folks we know today has been a big one for a lot of people.  Emotions have run high, massive change is still being absorbed, and concerns are numerous.

It's the first day and it's going to take a little longer for both you guys to adjust to the new meta and for us to gather enough data for next steps.  I don't think there is anyone at WG who is currently high fiving each other and calling it a job well done.  We understand there is more to do and we are committed to doing it.  

Keep up the good work. You guys are all aces imho.:Smile_honoring:

Beta Testers
7,124 posts
4,815 battles
15 minutes ago, Palladia said:

There's nothing remotely close to this game DD/CA/BB and CV gameplay.

Then to make it worse, instead of having massive spikes of damage. you get to waste minutes to do something literally anyone, even DDs can out damage whatever you do with their god-damn guns over a much reduced time frame.

The problem is they completely neutered 1) any way to judge how [edited] your planes are against boat X (because of the myrid of adjustments they literally didn't tell you about) and 2) even without AA involved it's nearly impossible to match tier-level damage.

Then let's throw in if you are +2 upteired, lel. Just quit the match, no one will notice your departure, or troll ONE DD the entire game as that's going to be the grand total of your planes ability to do anything beyond die, die and die again.

And then Die AGAIN if you thought it'd change. The Gameplay 'change's' are only half the problem, the fact you have to waste so much TIME to do so much LESS damage CONSTANTLY, is the bigger problem.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,925 posts
9,406 battles
3 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Wasn't being sarcastic. I'm glad they do what they do. No one knows the stress they are under except them.

Members
4,473 posts
7,234 battles

I am certainly more willing to play them than the previous mess CVs were.  Didn't try to play for big damage numbers and I doubt most did.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
3 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Well I for one am not "emotional" about the rework. As you people are fond of telling us, the game belongs to Wargaming, we just play in it so you can do as you please. I would never tell someone what they had to do with their property. 

The rework is going exactly as many people said it would here in the forums and on Reddit. There are ZERO surprises in any of it so anyone acting shocked either has not been paying attention or is literally stupid.  The one thing that I do find bothersome with this patch, is the lack of information on the carrier campaign. I am waiting on that information to see if I want to farm it for rewards with my last remaining carriers or whether I can go ahead and dump them now. 

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

I will be back in game in a few weeks once the tweaks are made and the dust settles. 

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,595 battles
12 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

You should try stand up because you all were told this was not ready for live server so many times but forced it anyway. I pity your job of trying to to spin doctor this disaster and make it seem like WG isn't just laughing at the players

• Cool 3

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
16 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

So you think this is a storm in a tea cup. Seriously, if I can be so bold as to say this, you were deluded over the hype of the "rework" despite everyone telling you it was be a disaster... and here we are, its a disaster and we are all saying so... and yet, you say its going to take a little longer to ...adjust.... resistance is futile, you will be assimilated....

Only... we won't. I already know people are walking... most of the ones in my clan played once then left... oil intake is down.

I'm wondering how long WoWs will continue to flog this horse before it calls it a day...  On the one hand, you have the power to kill, or not, CV's at your desire...

On the other hand... we are the customers TELLING you to call it a day now. Its FAILED!!!! Three CV's??? They just need to div up and its cross torping all over again... one of the VERY reason that killed the last iteration of CV's.... 

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes again and again... 

With all due respect, Radar_X, the people are speaking, you always say you want to hear from them... well... listen! 

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
4,473 posts
7,234 battles

I do love the new sounds and animations for planes being shot down and flying around.  19 planes shot down in the Mass B and not even AA spec'd.  Having trouble to not click on the planes - I got ingrained to do it even if the ships are not AA spec'd - I did it to keep the habit and never could remember which captains I had that was AA spec'd

The rework is not a 'disaster' - lots of hyperbole for a small continent.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
183 posts
5,020 battles

There could very well be a big drop in CV numbers. There's also a good chance we could see an increase. Yeah, the amount of damage a CV can do per run is reduced, but it's not like they can run out of planes to throw at you. And from what I've seen the playstyle is much easier to pick up and manage. There's no reason either way to  think carriers will ever drop off from the game completely, no matter how pointless it is to have them in game. 

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Only... we won't. I already know people are walking... most of the ones in my clan played once then left... oil intake is down.

If they play one game after a change, and walk, that's not the type of player you want anyway.  Have fun, and good luck wherever you find your game that never ever changes or evolves.  I don't think Monopoly's changed much for several years.

[CUTE]
Members
2,301 posts
10,290 battles

You take the RTS CVs which were much easier to play, then you introduce a reworked CVs that are:

A.) Much more difficult to learn

B.) Significantly less powerful

and bit of a subjective opinion but C.) Much less fun to play

I don't see how this would possibly increase CV populations

• Cool 1

Members
2,008 posts
78 battles
29 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

And you think  the playerbase like you can do a better job at balancing the game than them?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
11 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

And you think  the playerbase like you can do a better job at balancing the game than them?

Of course they can.  They took a game theory class once, and they're the elite, don't you know!?

:cap_horn:

Members
2,008 posts
78 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Of course they can.  They took a game theory class once, and they're the elite, don't you know!?

:cap_horn:

>Looks at the playerbase balancing Graf Zeppelin

Indeed, they do a very good job at it.

Sign in to follow this