You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

CV Work and AA Rework Impression Thread

14 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles

FWIW I apologize for making another thread to discuss the same issues we're all dealing with but frankly everyone is so specific about their hate or love....mostly hate that I didn't know where to post this.

T4 CV is OP. Without even trying I can dodge AA. But at the same time you need to survive the entire battle to do any real damage.

T8 CV is stupid. Like.....broken stupid. Get into range to do damage and there is noting you can do that won't make all of your planes die for no other reason that you're in range.

This rework is a total fail. And expect massive repercussions because of it. You made a class that scouts and spots ships and opens them up to getting fire on while at the same time made those planes so weak that they can't survive so people who try and use those ships are going to be pissed they can't do any damage and most importantly earn XP. You done [edited] up WG.

Edited by LubzinNJ
  • Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I'm not a CV fan, never have been, but the new CVs need help. I'm hoping that WG is collecting data and does something to the AA per ship, it seems easy to just remove all the planes from the air, like instantly. 

And planes are doing so little damage, and the torps seem super easy to avoid, there is no reason that the AA needs to shred them. 

[HINON]
Members
10,783 posts

It isnt done being balanced. I expect at least 2 months or more of balancing and changes. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,455 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

I'm not a CV fan, never have been, but the new CVs need help. I'm hoping that WG is collecting data and does something to the AA per ship, it seems easy to just remove all the planes from the air, like instantly. 

And planes are doing so little damage, and the torps seem super easy to avoid, there is no reason that the AA needs to shred them. 

Play an Atlanta vs midway....

Play a secondary specced Mass vs a midway and t8 cv....

You can't do diddly to the planes.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Another thing, the poor CV is a sitting duck, the CV needs to be able to move independent of the planes, like every other boat. I sank 2 cv's that never moved, they just sat there and ate torps and HE rounds

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

And that's why I hope they adjust the AA by boat, some need a buff, some need a Nerf

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
130 posts
12,422 battles

How do you get a game in a T7 ATLANTA vs. a Midway?  If you fail toon that bad you deserve to get deleted....

[NDA]
Supertester
3,378 posts
6,438 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Another thing, the poor CV is a sitting duck, the CV needs to be able to move independent of the planes, like every other boat. I sank 2 cv's that never moved, they just sat there and ate torps and HE rounds

you can still move through the map, you can also control the ship normally if you have no planes in the air. 

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Atlanta cannot fight midway.

Aside from that, AA is far too strong. This is from a Z52 with zero AA skills. I shot down 17 planes from 2 T10 carriers. An unspecced DD without DFAA has zero business shooting down 17 planes. The planes could barely even damage me. From the other side, as a CV player, you cannot effectively strike without losing tons of plane HP if not an entire wave.unknown-180.thumb.png.0705da93253dcf72d81c2e2d04fa032d.png

Members
10 posts
3,927 battles
4 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

you can still move through the map, you can also control the ship normally if you have no planes in the air. 

yeah, but if you have planes in the air, you can do absolutely nothing unless you recall those planes. And that completely negates any value those planes have and wastes time because now you have to launch a second squadron as that first is just going to fly back to the ship. It's stupid. frankly.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,455 battles
3 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Atlanta cannot fight midway.

Aside from that, AA is far too strong. This is from a Z52 with zero AA skills. I shot down 17 planes from 2 T10 carriers. An unspecced DD without DFAA has zero business shooting down 17 planes. The planes could barely even damage me. From the other side, as a CV player, you cannot effectively strike without losing tons of plane HP if not an entire wave.unknown-180.thumb.png.0705da93253dcf72d81c2e2d04fa032d.png

Nice game.

When a tier8 CV, and 2 Atlanta's div up.... you get 1 midway and 1 t8 CV on enemy team....

[ORCAS]
Members
12 posts
10,302 battles

First reaction to CVs:  PLEASE bring back the old ones.  Totally BORING and LAME now.

[GT99]
Members
572 posts
7,555 battles

What I find irritating, Donskoi is a better AA platform than Buffalo and Cleveland when both are full AA specced. I play the USN cruisers for their AA and it is not as good as other nations now. If you are going to remove AA from USN cruisers then they should receive a gimmick in compensation. Kind of silly if you ask me. I always understood that USN specialized in AA, well I am not seeing it now.

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Nice game.

When a tier8 CV, and 2 Atlanta's div up.... you get 1 midway and 1 t8 CV on enemy team....

The really unfortunate thing about Atlanta is how bad the 127mm DP guns are, especially considering how quickly planes can leave your strong long range and dive into the awful mid and short.

• Cool 1