You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Ark beta

17 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,378 posts
6,438 battles

So, yeah the ark beta, I like the ship. She's fun and different but she's got a bit of a downside, she has no AA. At first it was just a kinda funny quirk but with the new CVs popping up I feel like maybe it's time to grant her a few pew pew guns? Her and ships like her with little or no AA at lower tiers I mean. 

Just putting the thought out there. New meta seems to be to bunch up to share AA and a ship with no AA is kinda useless with 2-3 CVs a match running around. 

Edited by Sinboto
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NGA]
Members
1,749 posts
9,340 battles

Considering the AA levels at tier IV, it's not like it make much of a difference. Plus, it has to have some balance given that it has some of the best at-tier secondaries (if not the best) not to mention the option to take upgrades in all six slots.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,378 posts
6,438 battles
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Considering the AA levels at tier IV, it's not like it make much of a difference. Plus, it has to have some balance given that it has some of the best at-tier secondaries (if not the best) not to mention the option to take upgrades in all six slots.

meh just putting it out there as a thought 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,486 posts
15,383 battles

That has been suggested many times before so don't hold your breath!

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

She’s a goodbye collector ship but she doesn’t earn that much credits. 

• Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
108 posts
3,864 battles
16 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Agreed! Tier 4 CVs are nothing even remotely as dangerous as the next tier 6 and higher. If nothing else, tier 4 is the preparatory lessons learned and hopefully applied to the next levels by all newcomers. Arkansas beta is a nice ship without any need to upgrade. She's just a nice, slow BB target for the new, aspiring tier 4 cv drivers....lol

10 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I think we should all be given Ark Betas after this joke of an update that's made us all beta testers

You do realize everyone is a beta tester with each new release anyways. Arkansas beta was just a thank you for the early supportive players. You're not missing much, except the nice gesture she was from WG. 

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

All I do with mine is to brag I have it and the unwash masses don’t have it. 

• Funny 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
108 posts
3,864 battles
1 minute ago, alex08060 said:

All I do with mine is to brag I have it and the unwash masses don’t have it. 

OK, I am curious....how do you have such a low number of battles but were in both Alfa and Beta testing? New name that lost it's initial number of battles?

[SQUAD]
Members
8,137 posts
8,404 battles
20 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I think we should all be given Ark Betas after this joke of an update that's made us all beta testers

That would be kinda neat...

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,435 posts
5,491 battles

I tried Hosho in a co-op match. Yea... Ark Beta doesn't have too much to worry about.

• Funny 2

[REEF]
Beta Testers
841 posts
9,303 battles

I completely agree!  We need some AAA on the Arkansas Beta, something, crew with rifles, pistols, bows and arrows, sling-shots, throw rocks, SOMETHING!!!!!  :Smile-angry:

If you don't have an Arkansas Beta, too bad, it's great fun, especially when you do a secondaries build like folks do for the Bismarck!

By the way the TEXAS still needs a TEXAS state flag flying from the ship!  :Smile_honoring:

2,694 posts
1,251 battles
9 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

OK, I am curious....how do you have such a low number of battles but were in both Alfa and Beta testing? New name that lost it's initial number of battles?

I’ve rage quit after they added fire damage after beta, came back and like the new buffs I don’t know about and stayed on. 

• Funny 1

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
469 posts
4,343 battles

What.  You haven't installed the big stereo speakers on your ship that scare away torpedoes and knock away bombs with shockwaves?

I think its fine as it is.  Especially the 6 slots.

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
108 posts
3,864 battles
1 minute ago, alex08060 said:

I’ve rage quit after they added fire damage after beta, came back and like the new buffs I don’t know about and stayed on. 

LOL, completely understand rage quitting. Have more than a few times considered it.....welcome back.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles

Yeeaaaa, my Ark B, Musashi, and prettymuch every other non-AA ship is stayin in the harbor unless I div up with two AA boats. To do otherwise is just *begging* MM to BOHICA them.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Why would the unwashed masses want this ship? it’s pretty broken with 6 upgraded slots with a Wyoming hull A.