You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tahona

This isn't fun

23 comments in this topic

[TDR]
Members
15 posts
7,458 battles

Yes, I am a co-op main. I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere. 

I play for fun. This is not fun. This may be the worst update I have seen in a computer game in nearly 30 years of computer gaming. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,427 posts
6,050 battles

If you're a coop main, you don't have to deal with CVs any longer.  How is this a bad thing?  A BB on the other side of the CV is just more damage to farm, and shorter games... since you no longer have to chase down the CV at the end. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CUJO]
Members
2 posts
6,834 battles

I agree.  I played a full AA TX in random and got eaten alive by two T6 CVs.  This game wasn't fun at all.  This experience also mirrors the games I played in PTS so it's not a "one off".  I'll give it another try in a couple weeks but no more $$ for this game and it looks like I'm going elsewhere.

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles
12 minutes ago, fishfood10 said:

I agree.  I played a full AA TX in random and got eaten alive by two T6 CVs.  This game wasn't fun at all.  This experience also mirrors the games I played in PTS so it's not a "one off".  I'll give it another try in a couple weeks but no more $$ for this game and it looks like I'm going elsewhere.

It is impossible to face T6 CVs as a T10 in random battles.

At least try to make it realistic when you lie.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,125 posts
29,352 battles
1 minute ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Sounded to me like he said he played Texas though.

• Cool 1

Members
555 posts
1,246 battles

TX=Texas

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

I think he meant a Texas, not a tier 10. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles
13 minutes ago, fishfood10 said:

Two tier 6 CV's would have eaten you alive yesterday. What is the difference?

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles
17 hours ago, fishfood10 said:

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  Yes, I meant the T5 Texas.

I misunderstood you. Sorry

Members
1 post
4,191 battles

Well ive played since the start and love this game but this latest patch,well really. My dd,s which i have  (8) are no longer worth playing. Cant do much without being spotted by aircraft,so the stealth side of them is pretty much gone along with the fun.In all my other ships ive cranked up AA and got rid of secondary's as everyone sits at the back now.I spend all my time (tunnel vision) on dogging bloody aircraft from the 2 aircraft carriers now in every game and firing my main guns has become almost a secondary exercise. Everyone's looking skyward  and thus going around in circles ramming each other. Any concept of Tactics is pretty much gone out the window and this is no longer fun to play but seems more now for children under 12 on their play stations.

So my reward for the time and Money ive spent playing this game you have shoved down the toilet to excite the carrier players. My 40 odd ships (no carriers) will be retiring until you fix this [edited] up

Thanks (for nothing) 

[SALVO]
Members
20,556 posts
20,417 battles
18 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

TX=Texas

True, but a lot of people also use TX for tier 10.  Personally, I don't use Roman numerals for tiers to avoid this sort of confusion.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

Been playing since beta and this is not appealing to me at all. Playing DD is pointless. Last game I tried in my Akatsuki, I was half health to rockets before I even got out of spawn. There is nothing I can do because the CVs can just keep spamming planes without a care in the world. It feels 100% unfair that CVs can harass other players the entire game and there's nothing you can do to retaliate, because CVs just continuously print new planes. It seems like a completely brain-dead way of playing the game.

I'll check back next patch. But my hopes are honestly not very high. I can't even start to process what WG were thinking when they decided to launch this, so acceptable improvements seem unlikely. Very disappointing indeed.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,384 posts
3,384 battles
18 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Two tier 6 CV's would have eaten you alive yesterday. What is the difference?

1 tier 6 CV would eaten him alive prior to rework.    

[HAPPY]
Members
51 posts
12,232 battles
3 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Ummm….no...the Texas when fully kitted out for full AA build is a BEAST when it comes to planes.  It shreds them so fast it is ridiculous.  Look at its AA values...then the captain skills...then the flag...and whammo...you HOPE the cv attacks you.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
462 posts
6,039 battles
19 hours ago, Tahona said:

Yes, I am a co-op main. I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere. 

I play for fun. This is not fun. This may be the worst update I have seen in a computer game in nearly 30 years of computer gaming. 

Nah that was Star Wars Galaxies combat update. 

This may be a close second. :) 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles
10 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

Ummm….no...the Texas when fully kitted out for full AA build is a BEAST when it comes to planes.  It shreds them so fast it is ridiculous.  Look at its AA values...then the captain skills...then the flag...and whammo...you HOPE the cv attacks you.

Even when fitted out for the main guns it is a dangerous ship for planes to approach.

[KNTI2]
Members
885 posts
6,072 battles
13 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

...the Texas.

With 50 AA rating before BFT/AFT and DPS higher than all other USN BBs until NC, at T8.

/facepalm

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles

It seems like some of the premiums (Texas, Atlanta) that were anti-air are underperforming.

So that any "balancing" changes can only buff them?

:cap_yes:

[NMKJT]
Members
3,701 posts
9 minutes ago, Rangestalker said:

Nah that was Star Wars Galaxies combat update. 

This may be a close second. :) 

Agreed. The NGE was the worst upgrade I have seen

Members
7 posts
5,619 battles

This is an entirely new game. Was that intentional?

Since the update for CVs  I've played about 50 battles and been sunk in every one of them sailing CAs and BBs. I've put up at best about 40% of my usual damage. My team has lost way more than we've won and I can't help but feel I really have no clue how to play this new game and so I hurt my team simply by showing up and taking a slot someone more able should take. I've played about 5K battles since joining WoW a couple for years back yet I feel I have to start over with this one. I know I have to completely revamp my strategy and knowledge not just for each class of ship generally but each ship I sail specifically and every adversary who might come into range. I seem to spend the game fleeing just to stay alive that much longer. The only difference is where I sink and how quickly. How much time and in game currency, then,  do I have put into redoing all my ships for AA and change my captain skills to become more than damage points waiting to be collected by the Red team before I can put up even a half decent defense - presuming there is a defense from the non stop rocket attacks, accurate torpedo attacks, and bulls-eye dive bomber attacks? All the video hours I've spent learning about tactics I think is now next to useless so I feel maintaining my premium account and all the long hours of grinding and the different premium ships I've purchased along the way were investments that now pay no dividend. I'm really disappointed and disheartened. I used to love this game.  But, to be frank, getting bombed and burned and spotted immediately isn't my idea of fun so getting back to the start of the learning curve seems to be one of two options. The other is to stop playing.

Members
364 posts
51 minutes ago, stewy2000_defender said:

...but seems more now for children under 12 on their play stations.

Thanks (for nothing) 

Someones finally getting it. The game is in the midst of being "consolized". It's being dumbed down for the casual, ADD crowd. They'll deny it until their blue in the face (even worse from the sycophants), but the patterns don't lie.