Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ColdwaterCowboy_1

My Lion is completely caged - what now?

6 comments in this topic

Members
185 posts
2,744 battles

Such a long old grind to the Lion to have it hobbled, You CV guys think it is sad...….She was my no1 ship.  WOWS has taken everything on her worth keeping away.

So to fall into line with this new threat I take her apart, commander skills and all and setup her best AA build including switching my spotters for fighters...…what happens? 

I don't even get a look at a decent squadron. 

All that is left is a battered old boat with no clear mission.

So now what do I do.....rebuild and redistribute again....reduce AA...…..I have no idea how to make it fun again.

WOWS you have managed to change the CV's that I have never used and in the process penalized me.

I wish it wasn't so but I am loosing interest in a game that seems to cheat me.

I do appreciate the light show when the planes fill the sky and the fire works start...…..but my goodness...what have you done!!

• Funny 1

[UN1]
Members
575 posts
2,075 battles
5 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Such a long old grind to the Lion to have it hobbled, You CV guys think it is sad...….She was my no1 ship.  WOWS has taken everything on her worth keeping away.

So to fall into line with this new threat I take her apart, commander skills and all and setup her best AA build including switching my spotters for fighters...…what happens? 

So now what do I do.....rebuild and redistribute again....reduce AA...…..I have no idea how to make it fun again.

WOWS you have managed to change the CV's that I have never used and in the process penalized me.

I do appreciate the light show when the planes fill the sky and the fire works start...…..but my goodness...what have you done!!

Please don't take any of this like I'm coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude.  I am most definitely not.  With an overall 42% win rate and 27k average damage in the Lion, I can say with certainty that there is something fundamentally wrong with how you're playing the Lion.  This has nothing to do with the CV rework why you're not performing.  The Lion is a very strong AA platform (British midrange AA is beastmode), and it's the 2nd best performing T9 tech tree battleship.  It's also the 2nd highest damaging T9 tech tree battleship.

This would be a great time to take a step back and watch some how-to-play videos while the CV rework is being balanced, cause it'll be balanced a bit, no doubt.  I recommend Whiskey's how to play HMS Lion video, as he's one of my favorite contributors.

Hang in there buddy. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,279 posts
8,627 battles
14 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Along these lines, I personally think the one-week free respec is a bit too short.   WG is certainly going to gather their "test info" for longer than a week.

Your case illustrates the point.   Initial assumed meta is that we'll all need to load up on the AA, which may gimp how you're used to playing.    You may not get enough rounds in to conduct your own personal tests on how your ship will fare - with AA, or without AA, or a hybrid approach.      Even that one ship may take dozens of games to fine tune.

Great..... now I've got 100+ more ships to do the same.    And a generic, one-config-fits-all isn't what we use.   Each ship would need some testing.   Granted, you may be able to extrapolate certain configs - what works on a US cruiser will probably extend across all of the USN cruisers.   But each nation will have their own flavor, their own strengths.

I work from home, so I probably play more than a casual player.  And even with that, it'd be tough to fine-tune each of the ships.     I may take the approach of taking a single nation class, tweaking it, and then hoping it'll be equivalent across the other botes of that nation.

But again, WeeGee.... you'll take months to analyze and tweak your data.   Ours is only good for a week?    Respectfully request that be extended.

Members
0 posts
18 minutes ago, Ranari said:

Please don't take any of this like I'm coming off with a holier-than-thou attitude.  I am most definitely not.  With an overall 42% win rate and 27k average damage in the Lion, I can say with certainty that there is something fundamentally wrong with how you're playing the Lion.  This has nothing to do with the CV rework why you're not performing.  The Lion is a very strong AA platform (British midrange AA is beastmode), and it's the 2nd best performing T9 tech tree battleship.  It's also the 2nd highest damaging T9 tech tree battleship.

This would be a great time to take a step back and watch some how-to-play videos while the CV rework is being balanced, cause it'll be balanced a bit, no doubt.  I recommend Whiskey's how to play HMS Lion video, as he's one of my favorite contributors.

Hang in there buddy. 

+1

almost every time I unlock a new ship, the first thing I do is go and watch some YT video on it, and it’s almost always from Whiskey’s Gaming Lounge. 

Not only do you get some great pointers about your new ship, you also learn some history about the ship. 

Would recommend.

Members
185 posts
2,744 battles
2 hours ago, Ranari said:

that there is something fundamentally wrong with how you're playing the Lion

No doubt I am a rookie but those numbers don't reflect my knowledge or skill...I study and play everyday. My win rate is steadily rising on my popular ships and I care much less than most people about that number. For that reason I have a huge amount of fun doing unorthodox things. As a team mate I put the win first and use a more pedantic style which usually gets the win. I think I am serious about 1 game out of three. The rest are experimental and designed for pure fun.

I have put in a few games this afternoon and made a lot of changes. I also notices the main guns are longer...24.5 miles...I got rid of the fighters for spotters again and that extends it to an ungodly 26 miles plus. I have handed out a few surprises at 25 miles..lol…..and in the last battle I shot down 30 planes...….that was a good thrill. The sound and furry was amazing.

So I am actually starting to have big fun again

Sorry for being such a cry baby 

Members
185 posts
2,744 battles
2 hours ago, Ranari said:

I recommend Whiskey's how to play HMS Lion video

thanks for that!

2 hours ago, CptRemy said:

almost always from Whiskey’s Gaming Lounge. 

and I will second that...….cheers!

Sign in to follow this