Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

So much salt right now...

16 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,725 posts
1,135 battles

I should bag it all up to spread on my sidewalk.

Chill, people.  People don't know how to play the new CVs yet.  The flood in co-op will die down before long.  Things will settle.

In the meantime, if you absolutely have to get salty, can you at least do it on my driveway?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[UN1]
Members
565 posts
2,065 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Chill, people.  People don't know how to play the new CVs yet.  The flood in co-op will die down before long.  Things will settle.

In the meantime, if you absolutely have to get salty, can you at least do it on my driveway?

Why use it on your sidewalk when we can use it for Margaritas?  Lovin' this CV rework so far.

Psssh, sidewalks...

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,298 battles

For a player base that is, by all accounts, mature in age the whining, crying, pissing, moaning and raging is more akin to prepubescent children catered to by helicopter parents.

It was amusing to see all the posts now it is just sad and pathetic. Get a grip people.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

What I dont get is why ppl who want to try new ships do it in the coop environment instead of against other players.

I did the alpha testing for these changes. What those were compared to what PvP is are lightyears apart....just learn the new system in the environment you are going to use it.

Oh....but their precious win and PR ratings......

[PONL]
Members
21 posts
4,153 battles

agreed... starting off with Ryujo this morning I had a few games with pretty pathetic damage, 20-30k, felt like I couldn't do much with the AA hellfire. But I started trying to pick my targets better and perfecting my torp drops and my latest game was a kraken with around 100k damage. I seem to be among the rare (or perhaps just less vocal) few who actually enjoy the new gameplay. might need some balance tweaks, sure, but we already know those are on the way.

people either saying carriers are super UP or super OP and ruins DD/CA/BB/whatever gameplay and I'm over here like ?? are we playing the same game? there's no middle ground... people just want something to cry about

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
3 minutes ago, __Acheron said:

agreed... starting off with Ryujo this morning I had a few games with pretty pathetic damage, 20-30k, felt like I couldn't do much with the AA hellfire. But I started trying to pick my targets better and perfecting my torp drops and my latest game was a kraken with around 100k damage. I seem to be among the rare (or perhaps just less vocal) few who actually enjoy the new gameplay. might need some balance tweaks, sure, but we already know those are on the way.

people either saying carriers are super UP or super OP and ruins DD/CA/BB/whatever gameplay and I'm over here like ?? are we playing the same game? there's no middle ground... people just want something to cry about

Can’t help but agree. Players are always crying that WG doesn’t care or listen, but when they change something, oh man, it’s the end of world. The game is gonna die within months....... Oh woe is me.

[RLGN]
Members
10,347 posts
19,654 battles
18 minutes ago, __Acheron said:

Hooray for you?

Must be nice to have the twitch abilities to dive right in and do so well.

(Wasn’t the point of this rework to remove that kind of potential skill gap influence?)

Meanwhile many others struggle with the controls, struggle to avoid AA, and struggle to hit anything.

Members
4,351 posts

Players have been ranting for change.  Well, change came.

Always beware what you ask for, you might get it.

[PONL]
Members
21 posts
4,153 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hooray for you?

Must be nice to have the twitch abilities to dive right in and do so well.

(Wasn’t the point of this rework to remove that kind of potential skill gap influence?)

Meanwhile many others struggle with the controls, struggle to avoid AA, and struggle to hit anything.

my point wasn't to brag, it was that instead of just giving up after the first couple matches and raging here in the forums (like I get the impression many others have done today) I went in with an open mind, put in a bit of work and started to see better results. That's not fundamentally any different from starting the other classes from scratch, years ago for instance when I first started playing the game I was working my way up the IJN BB line, I remember struggling to do much before I learned how to properly position myself and aim (like pretty much everyone does when they first start) and it wasn't uncommon to end games with 10-20k damage and no real impact.

This is entirely new gameplay that is being introduced, entirely new mechanics and controls, and people are going to struggle. It will take time to learn the different types of dropping from scratch, just like it takes time to learn gunnery in the other classes from scratch. People aren't even giving it a chance.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

For a player base that is, by all accounts, mature in age the whining, crying, pissing, moaning and raging is more akin to prepubescent children catered to by helicopter parents.

It was amusing to see all the posts now it is just sad and pathetic. Get a grip people.

Here's something that was fun.  I'm out in Co-Op at T4 getting some practice in Langley.  I found that Brit cruisers, at least at lower tiers, seem vulnerable to rockets.

image.png.e3206495d8abbd7048b471c9afd61a73.png

Two runs, from the same squad.  Bigger target than a DD, but takes the 27mm pens very well.   Don't waste bombs on those!

It'll take a while for a lot of people (including me) to get the rhythm of dodging flak properly.  People like @LoveBote is probably already past that point. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,725 posts
1,135 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

What I dont get is why ppl who want to try new ships do it in the coop environment instead of against other players.

I did the alpha testing for these changes. What those were compared to what PvP is are lightyears apart....just learn the new system in the environment you are going to use it.

Oh....but their precious win and PR ratings......

I tested it out in co-op in large part because I didnt want to be a major handicap for a pvp team.  In co-op, I can learn how to use the controls and the new mechanics without also having to worry about facing off against other people.

[LUCK]
Members
1,684 posts
23,298 battles
47 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Here's something that was fun.  I'm out in Co-Op at T4 getting some practice in Langley.  I found that Brit cruisers, at least at lower tiers, seem vulnerable to rockets.

image.png.e3206495d8abbd7048b471c9afd61a73.png

Two runs, from the same squad.  Bigger target than a DD, but takes the 27mm pens very well.   Don't waste bombs on those!

It'll take a while for a lot of people (including me) to get the rhythm of dodging flak properly.  People like @LoveBote is probably already past that point. 

Good for you. I tried on the PTS and realized I suck worse than in the RTS gameplay and promptly sold all my carriers. It's not for me and that is perfectly acceptable.

Good luck with the new gameplay, hope it is enjoyable and you are a success!

Sign in to follow this