You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cls1710

Carriers

12 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
6,664 battles

World of Warships.  You have done a stupid bit of crap with the way you have reconfigured the CV's. I really enjoyed playing the carriers and now thanks to you have lost 3 of my carries to your incompetence and stupidity. why not go back and do all the other warships like the CV's and strip those players like you have done to a fanbase around the carriers. I am seriously considering quitting your game. Think about all the game hours we have spent to purchase and expand our fleet's.  ENTIRELY NOT FAIR.

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,404 posts
3,058 battles

So your mad that its carrier players that have to make a change? Because 3/4ths of the playerbase playing balanced ships have to change to YOUR will? How else would you have it?

Anyhow, old carriers are gone. Best if luck in your future endevors

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,063 posts
30,257 battles

Your in the wrong game, it's not your fault that WG just had to force a ship type that dose not fit in the game.  This new update will change the way we all play, could be good, could be bad, the best thing would be to give CV's there own game mode. 

You could call the new CV game mode World of Sky cancer Artillery.

Members
5 posts
6,664 battles

Changed the whole game for BB, cruisers and destroyers, and you think I'm being unfair. Sorry people aircraft carriers were and still are a large part of naval warfare. You just have to know how to use them during gameplay. They took away 3 of my ships and changed all the controls to suit other players..... I also play the other modes and ships in the game but preferred the carriers since I am a WWII military buff.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,811 posts
2,726 battles
37 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

You could call the new CV game mode World of Sky cancer Artillery.

I believe the old CV game mode went by the same name.

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
9,799 battles

yea, who really though infinite A/C was realistic? Aircraft carriers from WWII now have manufacturing plants onboard, sheesh. Concealment is now useless as a CV can send A/C about every ten seconds. So much for being a DD. You all had all this time, and heard everyone that played PTR, and thought your players and testers were incorrect. I foresee player base drop, and that means less shop sales, I know that is the case for me. Even the most AA spected ship cannot survive over time.

Members
18 posts
9,799 battles
19 minutes ago, cls1710 said:

Changed the whole game for BB, cruisers and destroyers, and you think I'm being unfair. Sorry people aircraft carriers were and still are a large part of naval warfare. You just have to know how to use them during gameplay. They took away 3 of my ships and changed all the controls to suit other players..... I also play the other modes and ships in the game but preferred the carriers since I am a WWII military buff.

really, name the actual count of CV battles for WWII? That would mean CV players would have to sit in queue for a few hours to play one match. Nope, this current setup is not as you imply, WWII accurate, much less all you can send A/C. Spam birds away!

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,032 posts
9,474 battles
39 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So your mad that its carrier players that have to make a change? Because 3/4ths of the playerbase playing balanced ships have to change to YOUR will? How else would you have it?

There was a simpler solution - balance the class. And not remove 50% of our tech tree, or toss history completely to the wayside, or leave our hull totally defenseless because now that our planes do cruiser levels of damages, at best, which yes they needed the alpha nerf, we can only attack, or dodge, not both.

If we don't need odd tiers, why do other ships? If getting shot at is clearly not such an issue seeing as you guys have to aim guns the same way we aimed planes,  why aren't they being made minimap controls only, after all the reason Wargaming gave was players can't do these two things at once, control the hull and do something else, were saying screw history right? Well let's give Arizona rail guns with a bright pink paint job and Bismarck flight abilities. 

Most of us CV players understand change was needed for balance, we'd be fine with that, except the subgroup that wants CV's to be death gods - but removing half our ships and giving us console gameplay to test was at best bull. And given the rework is failing most, if not all, of Wargaming's objectives - there is that much more reason to be angry. And hell, I see players of the other classes just as ticked off.

Because as I said the other day - most of my matches have maybe 1 or 2 DD's if I'm lucky. Majority is BB's and cruisers, every other match has 2 CV's. DD players are complaining about perma spotting still, and being easy targets. CV's just aren't entertaining enough after the shiny newness wears off, and AA isn't helping. But some of us hve learned and still rack up damage on solo ships, giving our team an edge, like before. And because CV's quite frankly lack the teeth to REALLY go for the BB's, and DD's are in short supply, the cruiser players are getting ticked at BB's nuking them because of how many there are, usually 5 a side. And even the ones that can shoot over rocks have less spotting, thanks to CV changes and lack of DD's, meaning they an't fire from safety. How long it stays this way, anyone's guess, but it's falling apart exactly as I thought it would. 

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
9,799 battles

ALSO, if BB/CA/DD has to endure a 3 lvl match maker, why don't CV's have at least a 2 tire MM?

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
6,664 battles
4 hours ago, o_DoC_o said:

really, name the actual count of CV battles for WWII? That would mean CV players would have to sit in queue for a few hours to play one match. Nope, this current setup is not as you imply, WWII accurate, much less all you can send A/C. Spam birds away!

Ever hear of Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941{Japanese},  Coral Sea, Midway, Great Marianas Turkey shoot, Battle of the Phillipine Sea, I believe the carrier planes also sank the Japanese Battleship Yamato...I don't remember as many battleship vs battleship battles except the old bombardment BB's at the Phillipines in 1944. The carrier task forces were the mainstay of the American fleet after Pearl Harbor until new Battleships were built or modernized and then they were used as auxillary protection for the fast carrier task forces.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
864 posts
3,808 battles

OP is mad because he lost his odd tier CVs? Am I getting that right?  Bless his heart.  

[PSP]
Members
8,208 posts
1 minute ago, cls1710 said:

Ever hear of Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941{Japanese},  Coral Sea, Midway, Great Marianas Turkey shoot, Battle of the Phillipine Sea, I believe the carrier planes also sank the Japanese Battleship Yamato...I don't remember as many battleship vs battleship battles except the old bombardment BB's at the Phillipines in 1944. The carrier task forces were the mainstay of the American fleet after Pearl Harbor until new Battleships were built or modernized and then they were used as auxillary protection for the fast carrier task forces.

You are right. With the advent of the carrier the old naval "meta" was changed forever. For the most part, major operations in WWII involved carrier task forces, with the other ships just being there to protect the carriers, landing craft and troop transports, and support ships. That is, until the island was reached, when the gunships were used as shore bombardment platforms. The big battleships in WWII rarely engaged other ships and were mostly were involved in shore bombardment or fought off planes. The Americans fought only three battleship battles. The British fought a few more battleship battles in the early days of the war versus the Germans, who only had one carrier.

Now, in low tiers the meta should be WWI-era battles. CVs really shouldn't be seen until tier VI so as to preserve this meta.