Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

So whos planning on sticking with cvs now?

24 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
238 posts

I gave it a shot i dont like the new setup plus the damage done to boats is terrible now  so the free xp and the credits will come in handy. On the plus side I get to join the million free xp club now.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.bacd98622aad2924207fd0be8f776a83.jpg

[LOU1]
Members
3,595 posts
9,551 battles

I found that I enjoy playing CVs now while doing the PTS.  I plan to be playing them quite a bit.  Right now, though, I am not planning on going past Tier 6.  Time will tell...

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles

I enjoy the new CVs far more than the old dull RTS fighter dancing and strafe baiting.  It's far more enjoyable to actually be controlling the planes instead of just watching a bunch of small icons move across a map.  If I wanted to play an RTS I'd fire up StarCraft 2 or something.

I do agree though that they could use a slight increase in their damage potential, at least at the low tiers.  Ryujo dive bombers are so worthless, and the attackers regularly make attacks with only 1-2 hits for 700 damage each.

[CNK]
[CNK]
Members
284 posts
11,427 battles

I plan on playing CVs more since DD play is currently ruined. Just going to stealth torp BBs in the Hakuryu and any ship camping in smoke.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles
1 minute ago, Deno said:

I enjoy the new CVs far more than the old dull RTS fighter dancing and strafe baiting.  It's far more enjoyable to actually be controlling the planes instead of just watching a bunch of small icons move across a map.  If I wanted to play an RTS I'd fire up StarCraft 2 or something.

I do agree though that they could use a slight increase in their damage potential, at least at the low tiers.  Ryujo dive bombers are so worthless, and the attackers regularly make attacks with only 1-2 hits for 700 damage each.

Ryujos ATK planes were sketchy to begin with... that that why i opt to take 3 fighter Sqd ....now that the fighter sqd are built in as like secondaries....i wont like it... :( 

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
4 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

Ryujos ATK planes were sketchy to begin with... that that why i opt to take 3 fighter Sqd ....now that the fighter sqd are built in as like secondaries....i wont like it... :( 

It definitely could use some improvements.  The time it takes for the attackers target circle to tighten up is way too long, and the dive bombers have quite possibly the worst accuracy of anything in the game.

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts

Lol it's day one with plenty of balancing to come. It would be wisest to see how it shapes up in the next 2 months before committing to refunding CVs.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

Can I just say that the new AA graphics look amazing? Like, this stuff looks terrifying to fly though :cap_rambo:

[NEON]
123 posts
2,396 battles

im looking forward to play them, but im not much of a fan of the 4 cvs per line... i wish we had more cvs to play.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles
1 minute ago, Deno said:

It definitely could use some improvements.  The time it takes for the attackers target circle to tighten up is way too long, and the dive bombers have quite possibly the worst accuracy of anything in the game.

well for IJN CVs....it the torp bombers are the CVs biggest assets...for me it used to be the Zeros(not anymore now).  

IJN dive Bombers...laughable...even before the reworks...could hardly score a hit with them.  

well i'm a bit opt...i know this will not be the final say on the CV rework...

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles
3 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Can I just say that the new AA graphics look amazing? Like, this stuff looks terrifying to fly though :cap_rambo:

if you are not used to it....it looks menacing.... however already they found easy ways to avoid the flak 100% of the time...

[PQUOD]
Members
1,882 posts
9,320 battles

I plan on sticking with them. Got the Langley, Ranger, and Lexington. Been playing Co-op with them. A big re-learning curve at the moment. I want to become proficient enough where I can be a asset to a team in random matches. Just not there yet. 

How do we get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
1 minute ago, Shinnidan said:

well for IJN CVs....it the torp bombers are the CVs biggest assets...for me it used to be the Zeros(not anymore now).  

IJN dive Bombers...laughable...even before the reworks...could hardly score a hit with them.  

well i'm a bit opt...i know this will not be the final say on the CV rework...

They still have the Zeros, though they're equipped with rockets and are the new attackers.  The torp bombers are iffy for damage, but manageable if you can line of the attack runs well.  The dive bombers may as well not be on the CV unless you want to use them to quick-spam some fighters over yourself.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

Sold the Japanese line right away.  Even before the update I was done with it... and I got a ton of free XP instead of 50% the credit value.

Sold the Midway.  Only bought it for steel.  So I’m left with the Saipan and 4 US CVs.  I might sell off the Lexington if it doesn’t get better.

Sitting on 2,064,000 Free XP so no hurry.

[GAMMA]
Members
821 posts
13,369 battles

I already sold all my CVs for free XP and credits. Far as I'm concerned... I'm done with CVs until such time as the reborked CVs are removed from the game and something that actually makes sense is put in their place.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,435 posts
20,364 battles

Already sold all of mine save the Langley and Saipan. Probably will dump Saipan if the campaign rewards are crap. I would have dumped Langley as well but I didn't need the 14k free xp or the credits so just keeping her and the 1.5 million ship xp she has on her. 

I didn't really care that my carriers couldn't harm the red bots, my planes were slaughtered and rarely caused any damage. My Kaga got the most with 30k and that was done with her secondaries when a bot got too close..... What I don't like about the rework is the gameplay, it reminds me too much of WoWP and that does not appeal to me one bit. But Wargaming "knows" what they are doing by appealing to a younger demographic. I am sure they won't miss me and all the disposable income that older men tend to have and like spending. A big problem for me is to figure out what to do with the $250 in doubloons I have now..... There is literally nothing in the game I am interested in buying and the stuff coming up seems "meh". I am a man of wealth in a Walmart with no products to sell save some feminine hygiene products I have no interest or use for... 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles
1 minute ago, Deno said:

They still have the Zeros, though they're equipped with rockets and are the new attackers.  The torp bombers are iffy for damage, but manageable if you can line of the attack runs well.  The dive bombers may as well not be on the CV unless you want to use them to quick-spam some fighters over yourself.

i rather use my Zeros to atk other planes rather than surface ships... :(  that why i play CVs to atk other planes with my fighters... :( 

yeah i agree with that took take out the Bomber sqs add more torp sqd.  

the aiming i'm sure its easy enough to get used to the more we play.  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,403 posts
39 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Someone didn't like his I win button being taken away.

Only took one post for the personal attacks to start, I see.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
47 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Only took one post for the personal attacks to start, I see.

That's not a personal attack. Its an attack on the previous version of cv's. You're just salty over the rework and likely my support of it.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,170 posts
4,934 battles

Impressions as of this moment: I'm glad I got Hakuryu first, because I'm terrible with its torpedoes and its other planes refresh too slow to be useful in the current AA-fest. The Lexington, however, I'm having much better luck with.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,403 posts
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

That's not a personal attack. Its an attack on the previous version of cv's. You're just salty over the rework and likely my support of it.

Can't even refrain from making a personal attack while trying to deny a previous personal attack.

Sign in to follow this