You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

132 comments in this topic

[DARTH]
Members
37 posts
6,109 battles

So I tried playing this in 1st ( by mistake ) a Co OP using the Tier 4 Langley. Terrible game almost lost. No WOW guide on the new controls ! Only NO Zoup For You on Youtube ! TY Zoup. Spent time in the training room after that 1st game.

Terrible ! Its now Arcade style play & the CV tactics are dummied down. 1 Group of planes to control at a time ! Strategy has been taken out of the CV play for the most part. Its just all Arcade game style play. WG made a Big mistake IMO ! It was nice to actually have to manage the Torpedo bombers  / the dive bombers / fighters all at once. I'll not be playing the CVs anymore. All the ships seemed to have upgraded AA too ! :fish_viking:

Edited by Abramms111
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Sounds like someone didnt get the whole point of the CV rework

What was the point exactly?  SPend lots of resources and piss off your customer base to "fix" a non issue?

Edited by MemeFlerp
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
1,993 posts
78 battles
1 minute ago, MemeFlerp said:

What was the point exactly?  SPend lots of resources and piss off your customer base to "fix" a non issue?

The point is to make CVs more accessible to more players by simplifying their controls, and to remove the massive spotting potential and one-shot kills multiple plane squadrons do.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
10,774 posts
3 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

Umm CVs exerting more influence in matches was the issue that players have been wanted addressed since the game was released. This rework does need more balancing to be sure, but to claim it fixed a non issue is patently untrue.

Edited by RipNuN2

[LEGIO]
Members
3,262 posts
6,036 battles

The point is to make CVs more accessible to more players by simplifying their controls, and to remove the massive spotting potential and one-shot kills multiple plane squadrons do.

Removing the things carriers should be good at. Right...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,993 posts
78 battles
Just now, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Removing the things carriers should be good at. Right...

The "things carriers should be good at" had upset game balance for so long now. 

You cannot deny that a well-played RTS CV can single-handedly shut down an entire flank of ships. This is very unbalanced.

• Cool 4

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

CV were just as accessible as any other ship.  You learn to play it or you don't.   DDs play completely differently than BBs.  British Cruiser play completely differently than IJN cruisers.  YEt somehow people are able to figure out the play style.

So one shot kills are the issue?  Better remove BBs because I get erased a lot more by +2  tier BBS than CVs.  Better remove DDS because of there massive spotting potential.

So in other words?  What was the problem?

Members
1,993 posts
78 battles
Just now, MemeFlerp said:

CV were just as accessible as any other ship.  You learn to play it or you don't.   DDs play completely differently than BBs.  British Cruiser play completely differently than IJN cruisers.  YEt somehow people are able to figure out the play style.

So one shot kills are the issue?  Better remove BBs because I get erased a lot more by +2  tier BBS than CVs.  Better remove DDS because of there massive spotting potential.

So in other words?  What was the problem?

Do any surface ship provide map-wide spotting, and at the same time able to perform unavoidable attacks via crossdrops to enemy ships?

• Cool 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Umm CVs exerting more influence in matches was the issue that players have been wanted addressed since the game was released. This rework does need more balancing to be sure, but to claim it fixed a non issue is patently untrue.

Actually DDs exert much more influence than a CV,  that should be addressed.  A good DD driver, almost always guarantees a win, a poor one exact opposite. Thats completely unfair.

The rework is a complete abortion, screwing up all phases of the game.

[DARTH]
Members
37 posts
6,109 battles

I never felt the CVs were Over powered. The way to counter them was to stay in groups if you have weak AA ships. The No BRAINS CV play now in 8.0 turns me off. More influence ? No way. Now the DDs can really go after the CVs untouched only have to worry about one group of planes at a time. DDs just got stronger along with faster Cruisers. WG sure messed this one up !

• Cool 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

Do any surface ship provide map-wide spotting, and at the same time able to perform unavoidable attacks via crossdrops to enemy ships?

What do you mean map wide spotting?  A DD used to be able to get within within 3kms of a plane and not be spotted.  3km is map wide?  Every seen a Shimkaze torpedo launch?  

[DARTH]
Members
37 posts
6,109 battles
Just now, MemeFlerp said:

Actually DDs exert much more influence than a CV,  that should be addressed.  A good DD driver, almost always guarantees a win, a poor one exact opposite. Thats completely unfair.

The rework is a complete abortion, screwing up all phases of the game.

I agree !  WOW is now really unbalanced. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,993 posts
78 battles
3 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

What do you mean map wide spotting?  A DD used to be able to get within within 3kms of a plane and not be spotted.  3km is map wide?  Every seen a Shimkaze torpedo launch?  

Let me rephrase:

Can any single surface ship, by their own, spot the entire map while being able to attack multiple ships at the same time?

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
6 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

The "things carriers should be good at" had upset game balance for so long now. 

You cannot deny that a well-played RTS CV can single-handedly shut down an entire flank of ships. This is very unbalanced.

How did it upset balance?  Did you ever have a CV on only 1 team?    Explain to me how a T5 CV shuts down anything against a pushing Atlanta?   Oh you mean the CV has to keep far away from the atlanta?   That the atlanta provides cover for his nearby teammates, promoting team play?   Yeah thats just awful.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
4 minutes ago, Abramms111 said:

I never felt the CVs were Over powered. The way to counter them was to stay in groups if you have weak AA ships. The No BRAINS CV play now in 8.0 turns me off. More influence ? No way. Now the DDs can really go after the CVs untouched only have to worry about one group of planes at a time. DDs just got stronger along with faster Cruisers. WG sure messed this one up !

Their impact on matches was overpowered. Beyond trying to make CV's something that can actually make money for WG the team whose CV's won the air battle had somewhere around a 70% win rate. It that isn't an out sized impact I don't know what is.

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
2 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

Pre-rework, a single CV could spot all three caps while simultaneously attacking and deleting nearly any single ship they wanted anywhere on the map with very little way of avoiding it.  For a BB to do that, the target has to show enough broadside that it eats multiple citadels at once, and that's only if the dispersion RNG decides to not screw them over.  For a DD to delete someone, the target has to be hit by multiple torpedoes at once, which is something easily avoided by simply adjusting course or speed.

Anyone who tries denying the impact that pre-rework CVs had on the outcome of a match is simply delusional.  No other ship in the game had as much influence on deciding a win or loss as the pre-rework CVs.  With the reworked CVs, you would need half a team of them just to equal a single pre-rework CV in terms of damage projection and map control.

[DARTH]
Members
37 posts
6,109 battles
3 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Let me rephrase:

Can any single surface ship, by their own, spot the entire map while being able to attack multiple ships at the same time?

No CV can spot an entire map. Spotting the 1st group of ships maybe 4 or 5 with my fighters was easy. But no way was the whole map ever covered at least by using my Tier 7 Kaga with 4 Air Groups flying at once. You mean BBs using their 2ndaries to fire on one ship while firing their main guns is not a similar thing ? 

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles

Let me rephrase:

No ship can spot the entire map by itself.  PERIOD.   One of the worst ship for being spotted , the Nagato, require the plain to be within 12kms of him.   What map is only 12 km.  Any ship with secondaries or torpedoes can attack multiple ships at once.  Never got a 2x kill in a CV, yet I have many in other types of ships. Ever seen a Bismark with 10kms of 4 ships?   Yeah CVs can attack multiple ships poorly at once or they can focus 1 ship to actually do any damage.  If you are paying attention to 1 plane group that means you aren't to the other plane group,  which means you will likely do minimal damage on the group you are not focused on. 

[ONAVY]
Members
42 posts
7,826 battles

Yeah, well... I guess most CV players are going to be pissed. The rest of us, though...

[CTTDS]
Members
45 posts
10,593 battles

What does a Cruiser Captain do?  Mount all the AA upgrades?  Rework the Capt skills?  Then what do you do next month when the CV rush slows?   I'll be stuck in boats that get hammered long before they reach firing range!

[DARTH]
Members
37 posts
6,109 battles
1 minute ago, davebit15 said:

Yeah, well... I guess most CV players are going to be pissed. The rest of us, though...

i have only 3 CVs. Playing one, took strategy & some reactions to other ships movements. Dumbing down CV the game will likely mean the same thought for ALL the rest of the ships is coming soon. WG will focus on graphics & audio explosions rather than strategy ! It will push me away from playing if this is any indication of the future.    

• Cool 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
4 minutes ago, Deno said:

Pre-rework, a single CV could spot all three caps while simultaneously attacking and deleting nearly any single ship they wanted anywhere on the map with very little way of avoiding it.  For a BB to do that, the target has to show enough broadside that it eats multiple citadels at once, and that's only if the dispersion RNG decides to not screw them over.  For a DD to delete someone, the target has to be hit by multiple torpedoes at once, which is something easily avoided by simply adjusting course or speed.

Anyone who tries denying the impact that pre-rework CVs had on the outcome of a match is simply delusional.  No other ship in the game had as much influence on deciding a win or loss as the pre-rework CVs.  With the reworked CVs, you would need half a team of them just to equal a single pre-rework CV in terms of damage projection and map control.

No you are wrong.    They could spot 3 caps for about 10 seconds before they start losing planes.  Attacking and deleting, no.   Please explain how a CV deletes a minotaur?   You mean a CV can severely damage a big slow ship moving in a straight line?  Well THAT IS THEIR FRICKING PURPOSE.

How do you simply avoid a shimkaze launch?   A shimkaze launches more torps faster than any CV.  "But CVs bad becasue reasons"

You are severely delusional if you think any ship type can lopsidedly affect a match.   A good player in any ship type can greatly affect the out come of a match.  A team that plays as a team will greatly affect the outcome of a match.   

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Their impact on matches was overpowered. Beyond trying to make CV's something that can actually make money for WG the team whose CV's won the air battle had somewhere around a 70% win rate. It that isn't an out sized impact I don't know what is.

So a good player can help their team win while a bad player helps there team lose?  Thats somehow news?  Or class dependent?

You mean a team whose cruisers kill off the other teams DDs which allows their BBs to roll the other, team is unfair?